2016 AFL Finals - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Fri, Sept 9, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Geelong dropped and threw all night. We got pinged every half chance. I guess free kick hawthorn is too ingrained in the psyche now.
tumblr_o4l49nLaPP1v4o69go1_r1_400.gif

I thought it was a s**t quality game TBH. It stayed close though so it turned into an epic. I don't think either side was all that impressive. So many fumbles , missed tackles, schoolboy errors involved.

Might have to watch it again when I get home and re-assess as I was watching at work

Yeah, neither side was particularly convincing. Hawks had some periods where everything clicked, but went to water too often.

Geelong were never clean all night, but found a way. We're often similar, I guess.

I thought it was a s**t quality game TBH. It stayed close though so it turned into an epic. I don't think either side was all that impressive. So many fumbles , missed tackles, schoolboy errors involved.

Might have to watch it again when I get home and re-assess as I was watching at work
You're not wrong. Both old teams struggling to really put together compelling footy.

Would not be surprised to see Dogs win next week tbh.

What was he ment to do exactly?

Hold up the ball, eat up a few more seconds, force a ball up or boundary throw in. Give time for Geelong to man up loose Hawthorn players, not to give Hawthorn the ball and an opportunity to win the match. You take the shot if it is a high probability of scoring a goal.

Clubs go through lest few minute scenarios to run down the clock, I am positive that Motlop broke every team rule in the book.

Anyone that blames the umpires.
- grant birchalls kicking tonight was under 10s level. From a veteran in a final just not good enough
- Luke hodge disgraceful leadership giving away that 50m. Lots of lazy kicks as well.
- 10+ times kicks were smothered when Hawks had momentum
As a neutral the umpiring was abysmal both ways, but that's nothing new for 2016.

Birchall is looking like he might be close to done. No longer has any dash and more often than not is rushed to get his kicks away. I think the team he has played in has hidden his demise a bit.

Probably come out and be BOG next week now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just lots of basic skill errors - kicking into the man on the mark is just bad play. Being too lazy to bend down and pick up the ball is bad play. It wasn't a great game by any stretch, just close.
Those skill errors are basic if you're playing kick to kick. That game was just a brutal contested game where both teams were as fierce as each other, absolute epic contest.

Hawks unlucky to not be one game away. Really looked like they had it over Geelong but to Geelong's credit they fought back even though as predictable Hawthorn still had the opportunity to clinch it. They really do rise to the top, Burgoyne what a player, cool calm and dependable. Geelong did well full credit to them. What a thrill to watch a match like that. Hawks still alive and that's all they need to be, beware the wounded Hawks they know how to win on the road. Congrats to Geelong in their hands to be a part of yet another GF.

Want to say.. Luke Hodge is such a good bloke. A little push to Selwood for the free kick then told the ump that he loves his hair.. Fairly rewarded with a 50 m penalty. Good bloke Hodgey, that's the difference at the end.
Did he swear at the umpire?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It is an interesting side bar with the finals this year. Cats will play 1 game of footy in 28 days, or thereabouts, come the Prelim. going to be interesting how the winners go with that.
Similar thing happened to the Bombers in 1990 due to the Collingwood-Westcoast draw in the prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back