2016 FEDERAL ELECTION GUIDE – who are you voting for?

Remove this Banner Ad

I live in a previously safe Labor seat that has become a marginal, so probably Labor in the lower house.

Vote below the line for the senate, Greens, then Labor, then eventually Libs last. Going to number them all.

I look at the raging omnishambles that is the Tories, and see the Libs heading that way. No way am I voting for a party that will probs ditch malcolm and implode on policy.

I live in Casey so probably this guy.
In all seriousness would never knock someone who puts their hand up. Good on him.

Tony Smith gets my vote. A little light on in Casey, apart from my Independent friend and the majors there's Animal Justice (I love animals, but only on my plate.) and Rise Up which will go last.

Below the line in the Senate, for the first time. Rebecca Treloar because she's seventh on the Coalition ticket and if the Coalition fluke 6 seats in Victoria I'd rather that seat go to a National rather than a Liberal. Generally don't know the rest, Hinch and Muir will probably be in there somewhere, I have a hell of a lot of respect for Ricky Muir.

Voted Libs in both houses.

Labor deserve all the punishment in the world and given that Shorten is exactly like Dan Andrews, god help us all if he ever becomes PM.

For the lower house im leaning towards liberal & putting the greens last but still very undecided on who i want to win or vote for.

Upper house I'll probably vote for ALA as my number 1 choice
Here's hoping that the ALA has no chance, but given Pauline Hanson is meant to come in in Queensland, do you have any idea of what sort of demands she might make if she is needed by the Liberals to get legislation through?
I live in Casey so probably this guy.
I don't get this new approach to put "quotation marks" around things. Bob Katter did it too at the end of that ad where he shot two dudes. Micallef's Mad As Hell made fun of him for it. But otherwise that dude seems a good option. #1

Has anyone else seen the frightenly vast amount of people entrusting their vote in a Facebook quiz?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

HoR: Greens, Xenophon, Labor, others, Liberal. Would probably prefer Labor above the Xenophon candidate, but am doing my best to dislodge Pyne.

Senate: all 64 Below the Line so I'll jumble up some of the candidates, but roughly: Greens, Sex/Hemp/Cyclists, Labor Left, minors I like, Labor Right, Xenophon, minors I don't care about, Liberal moderates, minors I don't like, Bernardi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, details please?
People are sharing a quiz around Facebook and deciding their vote on the outcome of it. Isidewith.com is the link (I think)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If I don't write insults on the ballot paper like I did for the QLD election, in the Lower House I will vote for:
LNP 1
ALP 2
NXT 3
Greens 100 :thumbsu:

In the Senate I will vote:
Liberal Democrats 1
LNP 2
Shooters Fishers and Farmers 3
Family First 4
Katters Australian Party 5
Pirate Party 6
Where is Pauline in that list, I thought you would have been a fan?
Don't think your children will thank you for putting the Greens last. "Why dad, when you could have made a difference", is what they will say.

Here's hoping that the ALA has no chance, but given Pauline Hanson is meant to come in in Queensland, do you have any idea of what sort of demands she might make if she is needed by the Liberals to get legislation through?
Going to be a s**t fight and very interesting to see what she and all the indies in the senate demand from the libs to get legislations through i wont be surprised if we are at the ballot boxes again soon

Im undecided as yet
Catherine King the local here in Ballarat, shes done pretty well although I would love someone to look into the ridiculous amounts we pay to catch a train into the city as compared to Geelong which is roughly the same distance, we are in a completely different zone and therefore get smacked a shitload more
Usually go Green in the senate

Going to be a s**t fight and very interesting to see what she and all the indies in the senate demand from the libs to get legislations through i wont be surprised if we are at the ballot boxes again soon
I agree, but I wondered if in following the ALA or whatever, you had an idea of what they might actually demand if they had the balance of power? Would it just be something small and symbolic like not funding Halal certification? Or having a review of that (if they didn't do that already to keep Bernadi happy)? Or would they be more full-on and hope for a Trump style ban on immigration (no chance, of course) or something more impactful like that?
Im undecided as yet
Catherine King the local here in Ballarat, shes done pretty well although I would love someone to look into the ridiculous amounts we pay to catch a train into the city as compared to Geelong which is roughly the same distance, we are in a completely different zone and therefore get smacked a shitload more
Usually go Green in the senate
Same distance! 50% as long isn't it? Or maybe not so much since they altered the Geelong route to go through the RRL. But it reminds me of the story about Geelong that it would've been Capital of Victoria except those pesky Melbournians made fake maps which suggested Melbourne was closer to the Goldfields near Ballarat. Geelong for Capital would win someone Corangamite...

Maribyrnong - Obviously very safe Labor seat and Bill Shorten as my local member, I have voted for him once again. Labor, Greens, Hinch, Animal Justice, Xenophon and the Libs last in the senate.

You must enjoy doing nothing...

I don't enjoy doing nothing but if the choice is between doing nothing and Bill Shorten, I'll take the lesser of 2 evils which is doing nothing.

People who think either leader will bring doom upon us clearly overstate the importance of our political leaders.

I'm not saying he'll bring doom but I just don't trust him and after dickhead Dan, we don't need another Labor person in power putting the Unions ahead of the majority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back