Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
P,enty of players go on camera and say things they dont mean just to keep Robbo & Stevo from camping outside there house. Freo may see the opportunity to reset with 3 top 10 picks. The AFL will no doubt offer Fyfe big $ as an ambassador hoping he can rejuvenate the franchise..

It will also depend on whether Fyfe wants to go to GC. Rumours were that he didn't see a future in Freo, what future will GC have for him they're almost as much of a basket case as Freo.

So what happens to Sumner, Wright and Lamb who play as small to medium sized forwards who have all performed well at times this year and I would play forward before Kerridge?

Whoever deserves the spot most gets it. I'd play them ahead of Kerridge too and would continue to if Kerridge doesn't clean up his disposal

I'm wrong and I've lost? LOL I didn't know you're from the future. Let's just wait and see about that.

It's not going to be possible with the trade you suggest. It's not Gibbs hatred, as I said it's either him Murphy or Cripps. We're not going to part with our Captain and we're not parting with our only young gun mid in Cripps.

You said there's "nothing" that can be done without involving Gibbs, i've shown you that's clearly not true. It may not happen.. but it's a possibility. And it's more likely than Trading Gibbs.

As if North are going to give up Cunnington, a recent B&F winner for pick #18.
With Armitage, what makes you think the Saints want to lose him for pick #18?

And of course, it all depends on whether Sydney will do pick #18 for Touhy!

If JOM was a Carlton player and deemed 100% fit, would you be happy to give him up for pick #18, a 2nd rounder next year and Everitt? Come on.

As soon as we say we haven't got any players on offer, they will say yes you do, you have Gibbs and we want him.

Why keep bringing Gibbs into this conversation when he isn't going anywhere? If getting JOM is reliant on trading Gibbs then you can safely assume JOM won't be playing for Carlton.

You said there's "nothing" that can be done without involving Gibbs, i've shown you that's clearly not true. It may not happen.. but it's a possibility. And it's more likely than Trading Gibbs.

No you haven't. You've come up with a trade that massively favours Carlton and expect GC to just bend over.

The only other possibility is trading pick #5 to get a ready made mid that GC will want. But rightly, we've already clearly stated that it's very, very unlikely that we'd trade that pick away.

Why keep bringing Gibbs into this conversation when he isn't going anywhere? If getting JOM is reliant on trading Gibbs then you can safely assume JOM won't be playing for Carlton.

I'm not really after JOM though. I'm only going off what's been said by the GC chairman and our club.

We've already said we won't be trading pick #5.

They've already said they do not want picks and are after ready made players, particularly mids.

Who are the ready made mids? We have Murphy, Cripps and Gibbs. That's why I keep bringing up Gibbs.

With getting JOM, I'm happy to get him as long as it doesn't cost us our first round picks.

If JOM actually "wanted" to play for Carlton, I reckon playing along side Cripps AND Gibbs would be part of that desire. We want to add value, not get an break even net result... Gibbs stays, end of story. Surely we can come up with some kind of crazy creative plan. Plenty of you on here know this stuff, give me something, please...

I'm looking for something like...

Two third rounders plus Everitt to Collingwood for their second rounder plus Cloke, which we pass on the Dogs for two first rounders plus Boyd, which we trade to Freo for Pav and Barlow, who we in turn trade to GWS for Marchbank, Tomlinson and pick 4. We keep the players and trade pick 4 for 7 and 12, so GWS has enough points to get 8 players in the academy, we throw in Thomas and get Jaeger O'Meara plus pick 3....

That sort of thing...
Nice plan but I don't think you can on-trade a player. Pretty sure there is a rule that says a player can't be traded before the end of their first contract year.

Nice plan but I don't think you can on-trade a player. Pretty sure there is a rule that says a player can't be traded before the end of their first contract year.
That's the only flaw you see on my plan????

You're too kind Shan, too kind...

I'm not really after JOM though. I'm only going off what's been said by the GC chairman and our club.

We've already said we won't be trading pick #5.

They've already said they do not want picks and are after ready made players, particularly mids.

Who are the ready made mids? We have Murphy, Cripps and Gibbs. That's why I keep bringing up Gibbs.

With getting JOM, I'm happy to get him as long as it doesn't cost us our first round picks.
I think it pointless bringing up any of those mentioned - you can't honestly think they will be traded? For starters I'd suggest they don't want to be, and secondly it doesn't offer any real advantage to do so. You could argue the younger player is more appropriate for our position but it hardly makes up for losing one of our three key mids.

Murphy and Touhy for JOM and GCs 3rd round pick.
I think we'd get more from GC for that, but I'm on board with the idea.

There's a chance to get some good trades in with GC. They want established players and may pay a premium for them, we arguably don't need older players as much right now. They have young guns walking out potentially for cheap.

Trading an older player for JOM suits our rebuild

Yeah because GC are gladly going to enjoy having to do more work in the trade period. They'll need to target players then they'll need to see IF an offer of pick #18 is going to satisfy them for a ready made mid in their team.

2017 first is also off limits. I've already explained this to you.

2017 second rounder coupled with having to find an available mid for pick #18 is not going to satisfy them for JOM.

They are after ready made players. They don't want draft picks.

Gibbs + Everitt for JOM + Pick#28

That's a more realistic trade.

Give up Gibbs for a bloke that hasn't played for two years. Tell me you're kidding. Want nothing to do with injured players. Surely we've learnt that lesson.

Gibbs will not be getting traded, no chance, so there is no point even discussing that aspect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it pointless bringing up any of those mentioned - you can't honestly think they will be traded? For starters I'd suggest they don't want to be, and secondly it doesn't offer any real advantage to do so. You could argue the younger player is more appropriate for our position but it hardly makes up for losing one of our three key mids.

No I don't honestly think they will be traded. Gibbs would be the most likely of the three IF one was going to go.

But as I've said, GC have stated their intentions. They want ready made players.

We would be incredibly foolish to give up pick #5 or next year's first pick to try and satisfy another club to give up one of their ready made mids in a three way deal.

I honestly can't see us getting JOM by only giving up Touhy, 2017 2nd rounder and Everitt. If that happens I'll send Flowers a slab.

Give up Gibbs for a bloke that hasn't played for two years. Tell me you're kidding. Want nothing to do with injured players. Surely we've learnt that lesson.

Gibbs will not be getting traded, no chance, so there is no point even discussing that aspect

It's not what I want to do, it's just the reality of the trade. I've already said many times JOM is too big of a risk for us to fork out for.

I think we'd get more from GC for that, but I'm on board with the idea.

There's a chance to get some good trades in with GC. They want established players and may pay a premium for them, we arguably don't need older players as much right now. They have young guns walking out potentially for cheap.

Trading an older player for JOM suits our rebuild

If we could get JOM and a pick in the 20s for those 2 we should take it and run.

I know a lot of supporters love Murph and he is our captain, but he is not part of the next premiership side.

Carlton need to be bold to get young guns and picks.

Im not sure it would be a "disaster". Thomas was a disaster. JOM, is what everyone around here is screaming for: a YOUNG, talented A grade midfielder. He's got ten years of quality football in him, how would getting him be a disaster?

A rebuild or "reset" comes in many forms, and is a step by step approach, getting JOM definitely fits the brief... Your opening comment was he "would be great for us.... In a couple of years.." If we get him now, he'll be great for us now, in a couple of years and beyond...

I'm not having a go at you, but struggling to see how it would be a disaster. Players like JOM are rare, I'd have thought it would be a great decision by the club to at least consider this opportunity...
It's the cost of what we would have to give up to get him. Our first round pick at 5 or someone like Gibbs and a second rounder. That would be the disaster at this point in time. We either surrender the chance of a top 5 pick at this years draft or... we have to give up one of our few A grade mids to get another A grade mid and give up a pick in the second round.

It would be like getting Judd all over again... paying out a big salary and giving up guys and/or picks who would be playing a massive part of our initial reset whereas if we got JOM, certain supporters would think that we are ready to start pushing for a finals berth again... when we are not. We are going to be making slight incremental advances over the next couple of years as we build the base of a good premiership side. We don't need to be wasting a lot of time and money on a cream of the crop type player when we don't need him at this point in time.

And what I meant by my opening comment about him being great for us in a couple of times... is because that would be the time when we need someone like him... or Dylan Shiel, who coincidently would be a FA at about that time ;) For now, going for someone like Mitchell or Horlin-Smith or Steele should be the types of players we are going for. Not big ticket items like JOM.

I think we've got to ask the question on JOM, I don't think he's a cream on top player, when fit he's a build ur midfield around player, inside & out mid who is 22! If he chooses us GC have to deal or watch him walk to PSD. He'll be discounted because of injury, uncontracted & wants out. He's a pro & genuine footballer who wants stability and a decent culture, I say offer him big $$$ & the BB vision.

I think we've got to ask the question on JOM, I don't think he's a cream on top player, when fit he's a build ur midfield around player, inside & out mid who is 22! If he chooses us GC have to deal or watch him walk to PSD. He'll be discounted because of injury, uncontracted & wants out. He's a pro & genuine footballer who wants stability and a decent culture, I say offer him big $$$ & the BB vision.

If the Hawks are making him number 1 target, its hard to see him not ending up there- especially with their rehab guru a few of their posters keep rambling on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back