List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Sloane... not sure I'd bother with a 28-29yr old in 2019

Signed an extension til the end of 2018
Really? I thought he did a dubious looking 2 year job and was ready next year. You'd know more than me Rors. Still, by then, free and good. As a big fan of the 'wait until we're ready and don't waste money and picks on guys until we're ready' fan club (yep, it's a thing, you wanna go mate), by then he'll be past that awkward we're not ready phase. He belongs here. We all know it.

Really? I thought he did a dubious looking 2 year job and was ready next year. You'd know more than me Rors. Still, by then, free and good. As a big fan of the 'wait until we're ready and don't waste money and picks on guys until we're ready' fan club (yep, it's a thing, you wanna go mate), by then he'll be past that awkward we're not ready phase. He belongs here. We all know it.
Sorry Rors, doing a Sully, I see your response above.

As for Sloane... not sure I'd bother with a 28-29yr old in 2019

Signed an extension til the end of 2018
He could be like Brian Lake. We get him for experience and leadership for our midfield. By 2018 we should be playing finals. Plus 2017 we are likely to bring in a gun though free agency or trade period. I think Rory be a good pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have liked us to have picked up a key/3rd backmen with our pick 60 or in the rookie draft, although marshal has played there im not sure he will have the pace or agility at AFL level. I could be wrong.

I didn't know much about long before the draft but had impressed me with his highlights and interviews, looks a very rounded player that had some pace and hopefully the x-factor that we do need. Has a bit of jack Martin about him I think, maybe just smaller and not the overhead marking just yet.

The pick of ed Phillips was a suprise thinking I don't think we needed. I heard trout say he was confident that he would do all the work that was required to be an afl player. I'm sure he will as his brother showed in the pies time trials. just hope with the recent retirement/quitting of the afl players we don't miss out on players with some rough edges but with real flare and excitement.

Would have liked us to have picked up a key/3rd backmen with our pick 60 or in the rookie draft, although marshal has played there im not sure he will have the pace or agility at AFL level. I could be wrong.

I didn't know much about long before the draft but had impressed me with his highlights and interviews, looks a very rounded player that had some pace and hopefully the x-factor that we do need. Has a bit of jack Martin about him I think, maybe just smaller and not the overhead marking just yet.

The pick of ed Phillips was a suprise thinking I don't think we needed. I heard trout say he was confident that he would do all the work that was required to be an afl player. I'm sure he will as his brother showed in the pies time trials. just hope with the recent retirement/quitting of the afl players we don't miss out on players with some rough edges but with real flare and excitement.
There was a fair amount of discussion on him - we must have been aiming for someone else who went before him. I was convinced the name Tom Williamson was going to be read out if I'm honest but Phillips highlights looked OK to me so am happy to see how he develops.

Small forward! Actually yeah you r right we don't have many. Definitely ahead of shiel/hopper/kelly for sure!

He is midfielder who kicks goals at will. Speed out of and around the contest and great by foot and yes for our club needs I would have him in front of who you mentioned.

I wouldnt say no to any mentioned - but if we had to trade Smith would be my target.

Shiel had a quite year struggled to cope with tags.

We have our version of Hopper in Steele.

Kelly is good - but way over rated on this and other forums, doesnt get enough ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back