List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 5 - THE MADNESS IS OVER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure but imo saying Gorringe is better than Hampson is just plain wrong imo. Gorringe is terrible.

it wasn't long ago that many in here were slamming Hampson and were suggesting Gorringe amoung other Rucks as options..

he is ok, not great but.neither is symbols and he doesn't get that name for nothing

In an effort to dispense with this completely unrelated - but nevertheless amusing - discussion on potatoes and the origins of the pastie, I will attempt to steer myself back towards the thread topic. Apologies to all.

If we can't get Richards and don't select Barlow, is Henderson a viable alternative for our sparse KPD stocks? Has he had a particularly bad injury or something? I thought he was a decent footballer at one stage.

He isn't a KPD at all, running half back.

Richards has played 10 games in 4 years ?

Not too sure about him, He did pop up during the finals but swans backline isnt the best and must question why it took so long to get noticed and its not a flash in the pan type of cameo

I suppose BH/FJ/Balme/Coaches would know if he is worth a look and i certainly dont want to over pay
2 years at 150k + Match payments 5k a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else realise that Geelong tried to Mr Magic G.Ablett?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/3cde506ee44df7ddd9088705e767f6db

Copied for those who can't open the link:

GARY Ablett had the AFL world in an uproar after it was revealed he requested a move back to Geelong during last week’s hectic trade period.

Ablett, the captain of the Gold Coast Suns, would’ve broken a three-year contract he signed in 2015 if his request came to fruition.

Former AFL star David Schwarz took aim at the 32-year-old, saying his place at the captain’s helm is no longer justified.

“The question begs though why does he want out?” Schwarz said on SEN Breakfast.

“He’s gone up there earning big, big dollars. It’s either that (he doesn’t believe in where the club is heading), or he’s desperate to get home.

“I don’t think he can captain the side. If you’ve requested a trade you almost forgo your right to be leading 42 blokes into a season, knowing that you had one foot out the door in his own mind.

“It’s a bad look for Gold Coast, it’s a bad look for the game and for Gary Ablett it’s a really bad look for him.”

Schwarz was certain the Suns made the correct call to hold Ablett to his contract and said letting him return to the Cats would’ve sent a terrible message.

“No, I wouldn’t have done that,” he said. “They kind of buckled on Jaeger O’Meara when they spoke really tough. Tony Cochrane called himself marshmallow man, so he knew he buckled a little bit.

“If they had of buckled on this one it would have said you can come up here and earn your big cash, then leave at your own accord. Not good enough.”

Cochrane told SEN. “I’ll tell you what, if you guys want to get sucked-in to believing this is a real story — Usain Bolt called me last night, he want’s to know if I can come to Tokyo and compete in the 100m final …

“I said there’s an outside chance because Gary’s going to Geelong.”

Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph said Ablett’s request came as a shock despite Geelong repeatedly hinting they’d like him back.

“In some ways it’s been an open secret — we’ve all quoted Geelong repeatedly saying, ‘look they have interest in getting him back’,” he said.

“In July he said on The Footy Show look I’m really happy, I want to win a premiership here.

“I think it’s another massive blow to the club.”

Geelong’s head of football Steve Hocking said the club respected Ablett’s contract with the Suns and didn’t attempt to step on the Gold Coast’s toes during the trade period.

“The Gold Coast was very clear on the fact he was their player and will continue to be their player. He had just signed a three-year deal earlier in the year,” Hocking told News Corp Australia.

“They were very clear on that and shut it down very quickly to Gary. We respected their opinion right from the word go.

“It was him looking to come back to the club and it was all to do with him and the Gold Coast.

“It didn’t drag on too long, it was shut down by the Gold Coast.”

The Suns lost Dion Prestia (Richmond) and Jaeger O’Meara (Hawthorn) during the trade period, but brought in Brisbane star Pearce Hanley and Jarryd Lyons from Adelaide.

— with AAP

Only a matter of time until the AFL realise that they are just treading water with this club and going nowhere fast. Their player retention rate is terrible and the cycle doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.
On a positive note this news will only make the Geelong fans melt harder after what was a disastrous trade period.

it wasn't long ago that many in here were slamming Hampson and were suggesting Gorringe amoung other Rucks as options..

he is ok, not great but.neither is symbols and he doesn't get that name for nothing
Sure but imo suggesting Gorringe could do that was what I disagree with.

Lets help them next year and take Lynch & Wright from them as well

So how was Geelong going to fit Gablett into their bulging cap ?

What did they expect to give GC in return as a trade Motlop ?

Exactly the two I want. Hopefully out part time recruiter in Prestia is good mates with them too and makes the call after this season like he did with Caddy.

Could just see Geelong trundling out the Fatty Motlop trade scenario here too. They would never have been able to accommodate Abletts salary unless they packaged up a few of Caddys mates as well to Punt Rd.

Any extra Salt for your Pussy Catters!

Exactly the two I want. Hopefully out part time recruiter in Prestia is good mates with them too and makes the call after this season like he did with Caddy.

Could just see Geelong trundling out the Fatty Motlop trade scenario here too. They would never have been able to accommodate Abletts salary unless they packaged up a few of Caddys mates as well to Punt Rd.

Any extra Salt for your Pussy Catters!
Trade for Wright next year
FA Lynch the years after

Remove this Banner Ad

Back