2017/18 Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Glorious. That's how the Ashes should be
I always laugh when people say cricket isn't tough. It takes some massive balls to face someone bowling essentially a rock at your head at 140+ kph.

Think of years gone by where batsmen used to wear caps facing that Windies pace attack :eek:

Edit: and i haven't even touched on the mental strength required to bat for 8+ hours.

I always laugh when people say cricket isn't tough. It takes some massive balls to face someone bowling essentially a rock at your head at 140+ kph.

Think of years gone by where batsmen used to wear caps facing that Windies pace attack :eek:

Edit: and i haven't even touched on the mental strength required to bat for 8+ hours.

I can't imagine how frightening it would've been for tail end batsmen facing the mighty windies pace attack at the WACA without quality helmets.

England’s bowling and fielding were/are trash and their tail can’t bat. Get 6 wickets and they’re out. Looking like a 5-0 sweep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So jonny bairstow has allegedly headbutted Cameron bancroft at a hotel in perth a couple weeks back.

England always crumble with off field issues after a heavy loss in brisbane happens every time they come out here.

Only time they didn't lose in brisbane recently was in 2010 and is the only series they won here in 30 odd years.

England’s bowling and fielding were/are trash and their tail can’t bat. Get 6 wickets and they’re out. Looking like a 5-0 sweep.

They can bat against people who aren't Mitchell Starc. We are lucky to have him.

Our batting order is brittle, if the conditions are not favourable.

Yep, both batting orders can fold like a pack of cards under adversity, with the exception of Smith.

Bowling attack is the difference though. A genuinely good spinner vs an injured Moeen, and our quicks have the pace and bounce to grind out wickets even when the pitch isn't helpful. It's new ball or bust for England.

England barely threatening at the moment. Why did they bowl first? No swing and the pitch is playing beautifully.
Get through the first 20 overs and we could see a pair of centuries for the openers. Fair to say Root will cop it from all and sundry if Australia are 300+ for less than 4 wickets by days end.

England barely threatening at the moment. Why did they bowl first? No swing and the pitch is playing beautifully.

Looked up the sky but didn't look at the pitch.

Ponting did something similar in 2005 at Edgbaston england got 420 on day 1 and it changer that series england never looked back.

What an anticlimax... thought I was going to get to watch my first full day of cricket for the summer and now this. There was barely any rain showing on the radar yet somehow every drop of it is managing to go right over the oval.

Should give us the 2nd test before it gets too hot anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back