Preview 2017 2nd QF Geelong v Richmond @ Richmond's home ground, 7:50pm Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching a replay of the last 13 games we've played your mob? Yeah, I'd be laughing too.
Can we just thread ban all Richmond supporters who appear.

I don't want two weeks of this tit for tat bullshit like last time. I want to read discussion about the game and post as such.

Their supporter base bar one or two is full of arrogant and childish peasants, let's not fall to their level...

Jesus Christ having a glance at the Richmond board and you would think they had already won the flag.

Be interesting to see if selwood and cockatoo are realistic chances i suppose with the bye week this week we wont hear until the end of the week.

Can't afford to go in too tall as richmond basically only have rance astbury grimes nankervis and riewoldt as talls with caddy the second kpf.

For that reason selwood for buzza is obvious and then cockatoo for parsons (i would keep parfitt but he is the other who could go out). Kolo is the other one who could go out for team balance but that would be a harsh call.

Win this and we likely get a PF against adel/port/gws who are all sides i would back us against at the G and we won't see sydney until the GF. Big carrot.

Jesus Christ having a glance at the Richmond board and you would think they had already won the flag.

The only difference between this year compared to the other years they make finals is this year they are likely to lose 2 finals not one.

Just a guess - but wouldnt the top 4 teams play the 1st 2 finals ( Thur/Fri ) so the losers of those 2 games get a little time more to recover for the following week

So i would go with Crows v Giants Thurs night - full house - plus huge TV ratings - even with GWS ( non trad team in it - so i think that is a certainty

And then Richmond v Geel friday night

I find it cute they have a thread celebrating the fact they've finished top 4. We've done it 10 times since they last did it back in 2001.

Can we just thread ban all Richmond supporters who appear.

I don't want two weeks of this tit for tat bullshit like last time. I want to read discussion about the game and post as such.

Their supporter base bar one or two is full of arrogant and childish peasants, let's not fall to their level...
They are welcome in this thread to discuss the game but they are on a short leash.

The banter and trash talk should remain in the other "Loose" thread.

Would love to see Joel & Nakia back - who goes though? Parsons probably and either Buzza or Parfitt? No one really had a bad game on Saturday night

Parsons and Buzza.

You could make an argument for kolo or parfitt out but i reckon those two will hang on.

Would love to see Joel & Nakia back - who goes though? Parsons probably and either Buzza or Parfitt? No one really had a bad game on Saturday night

Buzza has to stay as we need a 2nd ruck and he's good for 3 or 4 marks inside 50.

I think parsons will go for cockatoo..mainly if he is a worry on fitness

Comes down to if selwood is fit. If he is I think he will take parfitt spot

Starting as favourites and rightly so. Beat them a few weeks ago with the worst side we've fielded in years. Much better strength team now, peaking at just the right time. Put a hard tag on Martin, keep him quiet and the rest of the team falls apart. Good match up to get in a QF IMO.
Hopefully now is the time where getting Scoot will really pay dividends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully now is the time where getting Scoot will really pay dividends.
Scooters season so far has been pretty outstanding in my eyes, he makes our midfield so much stronger with his constant pressure.

Buzza has to stay as we need a 2nd ruck and he's good for 3 or 4 marks inside 50.

I think parsons will go for cockatoo..mainly if he is a worry on fitness

Comes down to if selwood is fit. If he is I think he will take parfitt spot

Dont need a 2nd ruck against grigg i think.

Buzza is unlucky in that respect.

not necessarily... essendon really should have beaten sydney, at the SCG, in round 14. swans were incredibly lucky to win that one.

sydney should win the EF, but they arent a guarantee. essendon are a decent, quick side.

Not anymore. Fantasia and Green are out. They won't have the speed to hurt us on the quick counter. We will spank them.

Let's not start getting arrogant, let 'that' mob lead the way there.

This will be no easy task, they're a much improved side, work hard for each other and have the pace to trouble us through the midfield and up forward.

We need Cockatoo and Selwood declared fit.
And w or l?

Scooters season so far has been pretty outstanding in my eyes, he makes our midfield so much stronger with his constant pressure.
Brilliant. Hopefully he stays injury free. Tuff as nails.

And w or l?
I'm unconvinced our style will win finals against quick sides who apply plenty of pressure.

I'm not confident we win for that reason.

The fact that we don't have times yet leaves me with a glimmer of hope. Not expecting a KP final, but why is it 17mins late?

The argument is that it can't be at Skilled, to maximise crowds.

Yet GWS get finals at Spotless Stadium, which seats even less.

Be one thing if it wasn't handing a home final to the team that finished lower. If you were playing Adelaide or something, sure MCG. But rewarding the team with the poorer ladder position - might as well not have the home and away series.
Any court in the land would surely uphold the right to play at home if that is what the AFL rules say should happen.
Anyway if we play the Cats I hope it's down there. Suits our style a treat. :p

I'm unconvinced our style will win finals against quick sides who apply plenty of pressure.

Do Richmond apply that much pressure though? Richmond are 12th for tackles. We are 1st.

I dare not post on this topic, but that is exactly as I see it. We are great on our skinny long ground- sounds like a coffee- but we know our limitations at the G.
Tigers at home, brimming with justifiable confidence, a week off, we will have to produce something special to win this. I know we beat them, but they learned a lot in that game, had our measure at times, and reminds me a little of when we played Hawks in H & A 08, narrow victory, but not emphatic.
Well coached, I think their main issue is their supporters putting ridiculous pressure on them.
As said before, the winner of this likely wins the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back