NFL 2017 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Texans Seahawks trade makes sense for both teams.

Happy to see Seattle give Wilson and the run game some needed help, about damn time, i rate Lane but there is always a slight doubt on how well he will perform away from Thomas and Cancellor helping him out ala Maxwell in Phili. Still, even if he doesn't end being a starting cb for Houston at least they have the 2019 2nd rounder to fall back on.

win/win

No idea what to make of the Niners trade, seems a touch impatient , IMO the only reason it makes sense to pull the trigger now is if the Browns or Jags had also shown interest in Jimmy recently.

United States District Judge Katherine Failla has dissolved Ezekiel Elliott's temporary restraining order and denied his motion, putting Elliott's six-game suspension back in effect.

We'd be lying if we knew what all this exactly means in layman's terms, but we do know the suspension is back on and will begin in 24 hours, giving Elliott's side a chance to appeal. Who knows what's going to happen Tuesday, but owners need to again plan to be without Elliott the next six games. He's eligible to return Week 15 against the Raiders. Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris will handle backfield duties, and McFadden is the recommended add off waivers.

Source: Kate Hairopoulos on Twitter

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Jimmy Garoppolo isn't expected to make his 49ers debut Week 9 against the Cardinals.

It'll be C.J. Beathard again this week at home. Garoppolo will likely need at least two weeks of practice in coach Kyle Shanahan's offense before being thrown into the fire. The 49ers play the Cardinals and Giants before their Week 11 bye. It's possible we don't see Garoppolo until after that. The 49ers' skill players outside of Carlos Hyde remain nearly unusable with Beathard.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Colts are getting "several calls" from teams interested in trading for T.Y. Hilton.

However, Mortensen adds "it would take something big" to get Hilton and calls it "highly unlikely." With less than 24 hours before Tuesday's 4 PM ET trade deadline, the Patriots and 49ers hooked up on a blockbuster involving Jimmy Garoppolo while the Seahawks traded for Texans LT Duane Brown. Hilton is probably the biggest fish left available. GM Chris Ballard would be smart to build for the future. This team is going nowhere with or without Hilton on the roster.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Colts are getting "several calls" from teams interested in trading for T.Y. Hilton.

However, Mortensen adds "it would take something big" to get Hilton and calls it "highly unlikely." With less than 24 hours before Tuesday's 4 PM ET trade deadline, the Patriots and 49ers hooked up on a blockbuster involving Jimmy Garoppolo while the Seahawks traded for Texans LT Duane Brown. Hilton is probably the biggest fish left available. GM Chris Ballard would be smart to build for the future. This team is going nowhere with or without Hilton on the roster.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

The Colts are deadset idiots. Why the hell would you get rid of TY? Is it there goal to make Luck as miserable as possible? Hell, Jack Doyle seems like a good tight end, LETS TRADE HIM!!

Moncrief and Aiken as WR1&2?? Jesus

Breer claims NE was willing to pay JG starter money but JG didn't want to wait any longer (can't really blame him):

Know this—the Patriots tried.

They knew what they had with their sweetheart of a quarterback situation, with the greatest of all time as their starter and a 25-year-old star-in-waiting behind him, and they wanted to keep it going. They were willing to pay to make it happen. They were willing to wait on him to close the deal.

But late on Monday night, the Patriots finally gave up hope, because they couldn’t give Jimmy Garoppolo what he really wanted: playing time.

As I understand it, the Patriots put potential solutions in front of Garoppolo in the spring and summer to try to extend their window to pass him the torch that Tom Brady has carried for the last 17 seasons. It would have cost them a lot, but they were willing to carry two starting quarterback contracts on their books to do it. Garoppolo, however, made it clear he that want to be a starter, not just a guy paid like one.

The Colts are deadset idiots. Why the hell would you get rid of TY? Is it there goal to make Luck as miserable as possible? Hell, Jack Doyle seems like a good tight end, LETS TRADE HIM!!

Moncrief and Aiken as WR1&2?? Jesus
Maybe they know Luck's career is over already and need draft collateral to get a new QB.

If Luck's career is teetering, they should trade yet another Colt QB to the Donkeys.

Also, imo, the Patriots should've traded Brady to the Browns and spent the next decade basking in Jimmy as starter.
Maybe Brady has a no trade clause in his contract? Also there is no way NE would trade Brady without him wanting to go there as the PR that would send out worldwide would be Brady plays well for them for 17 years then they dog him like that = disgusting organisation.

Maybe Brady has a no trade clause in his contract? Also there is no way NE would trade Brady without him wanting to go there as the PR that would send out worldwide would be Brady plays well for them for 17 years then they dog him like that = disgusting organisation.
They ARE a disgusting organization :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles....How will he help the missing LT?
holy hell

---------

Eagles acquired Jay Ajayi from the Dolphins in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

While this looks shocking on the surface, coach Adam Gase took a shot at Ajayi following the team's loss to the Ravens last Thursday night and had clearly soured on the back. Now in Philly, Ajayi should take over as the lead back ahead of LeGarrette Blount and will get to run behind a solid offensive line for the first time in his career. Even if he has to share work, this is a great move for Ajayi's fantasy value.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Wow, thats one weird trade.

Not sure he's massive need for Phili but for a fourth rounder how can you say no? If nothing else its great insurance if Blount happened to go down this year. Both of them thrive on a workload, will be interesting to see how the carries are divided up for the remainder of the year.

I think Gase has always had some sort of issue with Ajayi, remember at the start of last year Arian Foster was the #1 RB on the fins depth chart and from memory Ajayi didn't even travel with the team for a few games, he was behind Drake and Williams also at one stage. It wasn't til Foster went down and Ajayi went on a 100+ yd per game tear that Gase gave in and made him lead back. It seems to me that tension has resurfaced on the back on minimal output.

You know which team could really use Ajayi, MY TEAM!! Useless Marty Hurney, i would have done the trade for a third rounder.

Last edited:
Wow, thats one weird trade.

Not sure he's massive need for Phili but for a fourth rounder how can you say no? If nothing else its great insurance if Blount happened to go down this year. Both of them thrive on a workload, will be interesting to see how the carries are divided up for the remainder of the year.

I think Gase has always had some sort of issue with Ajayi, remember at the start of last year Arian Foster was the #1 RB on the fins depth chart and from memory Ajayi didn't even travel with the team for a few games, he was behind Drake and Williams also at one stage. It wasn't til Foster went down and Ajayi went on a 100+ yd per game tear that Gase gave in and made him lead back. It seems to me that tension has resurfaced on the back on minimal output.

You know which team could really use Ajayi, MY TEAM!! Useless Marty Hurney, i would have done the trade for a third rounder.
Pretty sure my team could use him more ;) *cough* Lions *cough*

Are the Dolphins the first team to ever tank at 4-3? It’s not like they run deep at RB. Kenyan Drake? Everyone loves The Drake but come on! This is crazy

With their tight end Clay, Jordan Matthews and now Benjamin on top of their already strong running game (plus a mobile dual threat qb) the bills red zone offense looks loaded.

Could be a dangerous wild card team

Is this what 'going for it' looks like in the NFL?

24 years old, still under rookie contract for another year. This actually fills a long term need, when you consider Blount's age.

We spent a fourth to get better and younger at RB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back