Draft Review 2017 - Revisit the 2017 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another sad pathetic attempt at a dig at Essendon. It's fine. Im tired of discussig with idiots. It's pretty clear how sad ad pathetic this main board is. 3 topics on how sh*t my football club is shows how disrespectful BigFooty has become. Most of the posts from these posts belong in the bay not on the main board. As for this thread? Sure, when facts are delivered people like Wild Bill resort to name calling and how crap how club has been for 15 years. Its pathetic and plain childish. Im sick of it.

Digging up a post from 6 months ago, that is peak Bay that has slipped through the cracks onto the main boards. It is one of the most entitled deffensive posts I've seen. A sad bump really. Of course the kid has talent, he went top 5 in his draft, was it petulant of me to call him disapointing at the time? Absolutely not. Digging it up after the kid has been afforded a clear run at the AFL ? Yeah, that's next level.
Nice melt.

Name calling? Want to point out what names you have been called? A poor post was called out for what it was.

Play nice and use the thread as its meant for, to bump the thread after your player has a good game and claim they are clearly pick 1 on a re-do or, dont play at all.

Speaking of which, Cerra and Brayshaw should have been pick 1 and pick 2 on a re-do

Last edited:
Play nice and use the thread as its meant for, to bump the thread after your player has a good game and they are clearly pick 1 on a re-do or dont play at all.

Speaking of which Cerra and Brayshaw should have been pick 1 and pick 2 on a re-do
Cerra goal tonight was awesome.

And to fair I waited for a good 5 weeks!!

Play nice and use the thread as its meant for, to bump the thread after your player has a good game and claim they are clearly pick 1 on a re-do or dont play at all.

Speaking of which, Cerra and Brayshaw should have been pick 1 and pick 2 on a re-do
In all seriousness, lots to like about Fremantle at the moment.
Those boys going great, but not alone, plenty of your kids going well.
They did us a favour tonight, that enhanced my love for them a little as well.

In all seriousness, lots to like about Fremantle at the moment.
Those boys going great, but not alone, plenty of your kids going well.
They did us a favour tonight, that enhanced my love for them a little as well.

Agree there is light for Freo. Adding Serong to Cerra and Brayshaw looks like Freo have their midfield core for the next 10 years.

Seriously would have Cerra at number 1 in a redraft right now. He’s just all class.
Naughton and Stephenson have been hit and miss all season.

Seriously would have Cerra at number 1 in a redraft right now. He’s just all class.
Naughton still number 1 - did kick 6 goals not too long ago and as a KPF, gets another 3 or 4 years leeway before he's expected to be consistent.

Reckon Cerra could be ahead of Kelly by the end of next year on most peoples boards. Most draftee's have another 4 years before even reaching the time Kelly was drafted. That's a LOT of games.

Stephenson is a good reminder of how it can change VERY quickly with player ratings on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton still number 1 - did kick 6 goals not too long ago and as a KPF, gets another 3 or 4 years leeway before he's expected to be consistent.

Reckon Cerra could be ahead of Kelly by the end of next year on most peoples boards. Most draftee's have another 4 years before even reaching the time Kelly was drafted. That's a LOT of games.

Stephenson is a good reminder of how it can change VERY quickly with player ratings on here
Ya it’s true that KPP get extra time. Definitely true about Kelly, he’s a quality player but I wouldn’t have him in the top 5 of a redraft as a mature ager.
LDU showing some signs of being a good player too last few weeks.

Two Carlton boys the only disappointing ones so far. De Koning at 30 a much better prospect for them

Dow will be fine but probably isn’t going to be the elite burst mid we projected him to become. Should be solid best 22 as he improves his fitness and adds a bit of muscles. Needs to improve his kicking but has no issues finding it when he is played on ball.

O’Brien is a bit more disappointing considering he never really relied on athletic attributes like Dow. Played a relatively uncontested game as an under 18. Touch and go if he makes it but time on his side. Could become a handy winger but again probably not going to be the Gaff type we originally had in mind.

I know he wasnt in the range at the time but Clark at 3 would’ve been awesome in hindsight. My pick of the bunch outside of Tim Kelly. Don’t think we missed too much taking LOB at 10 though Bailey at 15 looks astute.

Ya it’s true that KPP get extra time. Definitely true about Kelly, he’s a quality player but I wouldn’t have him in the top 5 of a redraft as a mature ager.
LDU showing some signs of being a good player too last few weeks.
Its easy to see what North fans are excited about. Whether he makes the step to genuine superstar to me will be whether;
A) Stays injury free
B) His tentativeness is due to not trusting his body / not having the games under the belt and he'll become more aggressive eventually.

Even if he doesnt do b and does a, he could still be a very good player

God knows who ends up best out of this draft

Naughton / Balta - play the game a foot above most players in the comp

Brayshaw - Selwood like commitment and game revs

LDU - that little side shift is going to embarrass a lot of players over the next few years

Clarke - high metres gained damaging looking player

Coffield / Cerra - very composed classy types

Sam Taylor - looks an AA type defender too me

Pretty good time to be rebuilding the last few drafts really

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Naughton kicking multiple goals twice is poor given the quality of the doggies midfield. IMO
I think it's more a symptom of our atrocious forward coaching, resulting in most of our players struggling to kick goals. Bailey Dale, who kicked two bags of 5 last year (and 20 in a span of 6 games) has not kicked more than a goal in a game all year. It's terrible.

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed by changes in our coaching staff. Naughton and Bruce both struggling for consistency

Definitely the best mid in the draft. I find it too tough comparing KPP and mids, easier to break them up. Would I personally take him or Naughton at 1, who knows. Depends on your side really.

Naughton kicking multiple goals twice is poor given the quality of the doggies midfield. IMO

Been a tough year for forwards but his quiet games are really quiet. 2 touches v pies, 4 V WCE, 6 V the Lions. All over 80% of game time.

Take out the Crows game - who made the Roos look like a premiership contender and its 5 goals in 8 games. He needs to start firing for the Dogs to be any threat in the finals - especially as Bruce is a liability on the field.

Been a tough year for forwards but his quiet games are really quiet. 2 touches v pies, 4 V WCE, 6 V the Lions. All over 80% of game time.

Take out the Crows game - who made the Roos look like a premiership contender and its 5 goals in 8 games. He needs to start firing for the Dogs to be any threat in the finals - especially as Bruce is a liability on the field.

If you take each player's best games Naughton is still most probably number 1 but looking at consistency and impact over a season (i.e. who would rank higher in their teams B&F) it's not as clear cut.

I think that's why I'm so happy with Brayshaw and Cerra at the moment. Durable (knock wood) and getting much more consistent with increasing ceilings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back