MVP 2017 Syd Barker Medalist - Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be watching another team is B Cunnington gets the nod. I would hope Robbie Tarrant would be up there again along with Ben Brown but then a blanket can be thrown over the others.
As much as this is a good night I wont go again until they change the venue, have been twice and think the venue is below average and have told the club as much. Take me back to the Palladium and I would be there with bells on

Reckon Marley will be leading or at least close to leading come the midpoint of the season
Brown, Cunnington, Higgins, McDonald and Tarrant the top 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Higgins/Cunners
2 Higgins/Cunners
3 Brown
4 Tarrant
5 McDonald
6 Thompson
7 Ziebell
8 Gibson
9 Garner
10 Atley

Pretty close IMO. JZ would have been flying early and strong until mid point and injuries caught up.

As usual, Gibson will be the tricky one to place.

As usual, he's consistent but I'll be honest, I didn't rate his year anywhere near the last couple - can't quite place whether he just looks worse in a s**t team because of his role or he actually was slightly down on output. He's not an overly dangerous player but I felt he was less damaging. A quick scan of stats backs up the scoreboard damage - less than half his output from the previous two year average and his disposals and marks noticeably down on last year.

I'm not a "stats" man as such and wouldn't consider myself a deep analyser of players, we might have intentionally stunted his role to get more out of others. Getting games out of Garner might have kept him further up the ground. Dunno, but in simple terms I rate it the lesser of his last 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back