List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/m...-media-reports-745m-loss-20170815-gxx2uo.html - 7 saying that "Sports rights have reached a tipping point in this country ... Given changes in the market, price rises are not sustainable. We have to reach a position where the economics stack up for all parties [and] where the power and reach that free-to-air brings [to sports]"

It seems a totally reasonable statement, given that the income of traditional media companies continues to shrink. Hence any contract we offer, that's longer than five years, has an element of risk.

Last edited:
Martin in as a RFA.
Kelly in for our 2017 1st and an exchange of middle tier (between 35 and 50 this year and/or next year) picks with GWS.
Then hit the draft and hopefully we get Jacobs and Wright back and pump games into and continue the development of Simpkin, Durdin, Mountford, Neilsen, J.Williams, Clarke, EVW, Wood, Hrovat, Dumont, Wagner, McKay, Turner, Garner, Preuss, Zurhaar among others and watch us rise! Brown is yet to do a full pre season and he has been huge this year so imagine a full pre season under his belt! 75+ goals is easily possible.

I wouldn't be against getting Matera, we have a lot of depth across half forward but ultimately not many of them kick goals (except Thomas and Turner). Matera can have a lot of impact on his day and I couldn't imagine he'd cost much. Would much rather have him on the list compared to someone like Anderson

It seems Freo are the front runner here. Might squeeze out Ballantyne.

Squeeze out? I'd say let go. Guys a cooked potato.

I wouldn't be against getting Matera, we have a lot of depth across half forward but ultimately not many of them kick goals (except Thomas and Turner). Matera can have a lot of impact on his day and I couldn't imagine he'd cost much. Would much rather have him on the list compared to someone like Anderson

I'd be dead against it.

Yes i'd prefer him over Anderson but he's contracted and even if we pay him out i don't want the spot filled by Matera.

What does everyone think of Aaron Hall? And would it take to get him from GCS? Swallow and our 3rd this year? He was sometimes on the outer with Rocket in charge. That might change now he's gone. If Gaz heads back to Geelong they would need a good contested ball winner in Swallow and him and Dave finally get their wish.

What does everyone think of Aaron Hall? And would it take to get him from GCS? Swallow and our 3rd this year? He was sometimes on the outer with Rocket in charge. That might change now he's gone. If Gaz heads back to Geelong they would need a good contested ball winner in Swallow and him and Dave finally get their wish.
Didn't he reject us a few years back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he reject us a few years back?
Wasn't aware of that. Still might be worth another look now he's played another year or two up north with no real shot at finals both years. He might be after a change. His pace and kicking would suit us perfectly in my opinion

And would imply they're not getting anyone else of value.
Not necessarily. If we can afford 2.2-2.5mil on Dusty and Kelly I think Carlton could afford 3.2mil on Lynch and Kelly especially if Gibbs is leaving. Only Murphy, Docherty and Cripps demand any money these days.

That is pretty wild if true. A huge portion of salary cap but Carlton's list is so trash they could certainly do it.

On top of the 1.whatever million a year they're offering kelly?

We never offered Josh Kelly anything did we?

That's why the club keeps quiet and people just laugh all the time. This whole thing was cooked up by illuminati managers to start a run on overplaying players. They're blowing up a player value bubble.

According to the Trade flog Carlton have offered Tom Lynch $2 mill a season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

While this isn't at all true as I have yet to see anything to suggest that the Trade Whisperer isn't a bored uni student, it puts into perspective some of the numbers being thrown around with the younger and better Ben Brown.

Locking up Brown with a 5-year extension immediately is absolutely crucial.

According to the Trade flog Carlton have offered Tom Lynch $2 mill a season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't surprise me. His contract is going to break records. Definitely think it'll be 1.6 million plus.
Would grab him in a heart beat. Have wanted him for 2 years now. Severly underrated. Good inside/outside mid with pace. I'd trade the puck we get for goldie and swallow for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back