List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ket them know. If this year is anything to go by they are probably the hardest working list management crew of the lot.
We'll see about that.
If at the end of trade week, we still have pick 4 and pick 21. Then what have they done ? Nothing. Because we had 4 and 21 to start with. I want to see some tough calls on players that wont contribute to our long term success - Goldy Swallow Mullett and Thomas to name a few....
And hard working is not making stupid offers to duds like Vickery and Mayne. Talk about bullet dodged !

We should definitely ask the question to Sydney about Luke Parker
NM: Hey Sydney wanna talk trades with us for Parker?..
SYD: How does Get ****ed sound?..
NM: Oh.. ok..

Ned Guy is his manager but he aint going anywhere.

In all seriousness you are correct. I said this in the trade forum a couple of weeks earlier:

"I thought the same until i saw Kelly carrying: swisse supplements, a big mac, gatorade bottles, coca-cola yoyo, slab of carlton draught, woolworths rewards points form, newest tissot, a mars bar, virgin australia free flights, free stamps, thrifty car rental vouchers, wolf blass and jim bean bottle, new spectacles from opsm, coates hire coupon, accor hotels voucher, muscle milk box, 600ml pump with lemon, Dewalt set from bunnings, rebel sports vouchers, a brand new sherrin, goodlife lifetime membership, zxu compression shorts, a couple boxes of radiant laundry powder, jlt/gio/mlc life insurance/hostplus membership packs, free one month subscription to foxtel go, telstra bigpond modem, a drinkwise sticker, david beckham cologne from chemist warehouse, and a nab credit card with no annual fee. He loaded it up into his brand new toyota hiLux.

The perks of doing right by the AFL. They look after you."

The AFL always wins!
If only this was a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see us get Stringer. He's 23, played almost 100 games, premiership player and AA, he has X-factor and swagger - something we lack at North. If we can orchestrate a trade involving Goldstein, I'd be all for it.

He wants to go to cats and bombers is interested

Don't think north are interested

It seems today
That all you see
Is us chasing players
And watching them flee

But where are those good Shinboner legends
On which we used to rely...

(Yeah call me out on it but I couldn't help get the song in my head)

It was good.

Trade out for 2018 picks.

That is all.

Trade out for 2018 picks.

That is all.

I'd rather take this years pick four on the journey than worry too much about picks and points next season. Put him straight in, get our rising star. Stockpiling talented kids is important now.

He wants to go to cats and bombers is interested

Don't think north are interested

After watching and listening to him on Trade Radio today I don't think he's decided where he'd most like to play next year. People like Damo are trying to put words in his mouth so they can run with their "EXCLUSIVE: Stringer chooses.............".

After watching and listening to him on Trade Radio today I don't think he's decided where he'd most like to play next year. People like Damo are trying to put words in his mouth so they can run with their "EXCLUSIVE: Stringer chooses.............".

yep he will pick a club in the next few weeks and a trade will get done and it won't matter who else is interested in him.

We'll see about that.
If at the end of trade week, we still have pick 4 and pick 21. Then what have they done ? Nothing. Because we had 4 and 21 to start with. I want to see some tough calls on players that wont contribute to our long term success - Goldy Swallow Mullett and Thomas to name a few....

If we still have 4 and 21 it will be because we couldn't turn them into a better situation, which is fine. And the only tough calls to be made on Swallow and Thomas is whether to pay them out and delist, as they are worth nothing by way of trade. Mullett is a token pick to get him to a club of choice and Goldstein gets a third rounder at absolute best, and that's with us paying most of his salary. He is almost not worth trading given his last 18 months and age.

The trade for the sake of trading crowd are the worst at this time of year.

I'd rather take this years pick four on the journey than worry too much about picks and points next season. Put him straight in, get our rising star. Stockpiling talented kids is important now.
Yeah keep this years picks. Add to 2018 picks via this years trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back