List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically what are we likely to get for Todd Goldstein? Is pick 19-25 realistic? There is definitely something going on with Preuss getting good game time. I just get the feeling we are trying to piss Goldy off this year so he wants out. Also playing the two ruckman is probably helping us lose which just quietly I get the feeling the heir achy aren't all that disappointed about this year. I recon he is an out and out moral to be put up for trade at the end of the year.
Mid first rounder for Goldy would be his worth.

Package him up with a pick for Kelly

Get dusty or Fyfe as a free agent.

Win 2018 premiership

Mid first rounder for Goldy would be his worth.

Package him up with a pick for Kelly

Get dusty or Fyfe as a free agent.

Win 2018 premiership

The backline needs a bit of work as well not too mention we would be after a second ruckman I'd throw the kitchen sink at Andy otten if crows win the flag. Would be a perfect foil for Preuss and is only playing roles for the crows at the moment and may get thrown around a lot this year and even squeezed out of there best 22 if they are at full strength.

I still think one FA we should be targeting is Trengove from Port.

Our backline with Thompson, Hansen(been good last two)is a massive problem going forward.
Durdin hasn't really had a crack at it yet but his form at VFL level hasn't warranted selection and his first game was shaky. Jury still out if he makes it.

I still think one FA we should be targeting is Trengove from Port.

Our backline with Thompson, Hansen(been good last two)is a massive problem going forward.
Durdin hasn't really had a crack at it yet but his form at VFL level hasn't warranted selection and his first game was shaky. Jury still out if he makes it.
Trengove would be perfect for us but he seems firmly in trenched at that shithole In alberton. Every time I listen to him on triple m he sounds very happy at port plus they will be getting Shaun Burgoyne back next year so that will be enough to keep him around. Haven't seen enough of durdin but it wouldn't be hard to be better than Thompson who is clinging on for dear life week in week out.

That logic would apply to heaps of circumstances retrospectively.

We lost the opportunity to draft Shaun Burgoyne when we pissed up pick 6 on Dylan Smith.

We lost the opportunity to get back maximum value when we re-signed Urqhart and Harper.

We lost the opportunity to extract maximum value for Andrew Swallow when we didn't pack him off to join the startup Gold Coast squad in 2010.
Or basti to GWS!

Carlton Giants are at it again.

Carlton BLUWS I think you mean

carlton-bluws.jpg

I wouldn't want Steven Silvani at my house for a party. I'd wake up a week later to find with him in my kitchen helping himself to my Pantry.
It would be fine....he only climbs bean stalks to giant kitchens. Forget the golden egg.

Fee faiii foooo fum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But with respect if you check the old draft threads from last year here there were plenty of people saying we should bite the bullet and move Goldy on if we were offered 2 mid first rounders. We would look fantastic now with a Florent (pick 11) and Powell-Pepper (pick 18) together with Simpkin if we did that. Sure no one expected Preussy to come on this quickly but when you are in rebuild mode you have to take some risks and that includes trading good players - it's how Hawthorn got Hodge for example. As a club we don't have that 'take a risk' mindset - for example how often have we traded up to get a better draft position in the first round? We have been quite happy with our late first rounders hoping someone 'slips' - other clubs trade up aggressively to get better picks.

No clubs would have put up two 1st rounders for a player in their late 20's and after a pretty poor year on field.
You also have to consider that the potential club would be taking on a huge contract as well as giving up draft picks.
Plus who is to say we didn't try to take the risk and put goldie on the table? Maybe all we were offered was one 1st rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well mate, I want to believe you.

But the first post seems ignorant of the fact we've already chased Hannebery while the second post hints at inside information.
I do know that we've already chased Hannebery in 2015, but reading the Sydney trade board, some posters seem to suggest that he could be valuable trade material. don't claim to have any inside knowledge on that one. The Jones one however, is different. we've definitely had good discussions with his management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back