2018 Australia vs South Africa - Only T20I @ Carrara Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not going to shut up about it all summer, but Warne is right. As a viewer it definitely feels like they just screw around with fancy impractical shots for the highlights reel in the nets instead of drilling fundamentals.

Probably.

Hick has done a good job with the bats in the test format. The team has performed in UAE, India compared to previous times.

But man, I reckon you need someone like a Smarsh in the T20 (Not Smarsh) but someone who could accumulate.

Look at Kohli. He just accumulates.
Why not Smarsh?

One of the better T20 players in the country.

Got one to go yet.. Wallabies going to try and knock off all the international sides for worst performance over the weekend. At least the ladies are doing alright in the West Indies..

Italy probably will win lol

Maxwell moving around was just silly.

Select a team that has someone who can just score and not a slogger

Maxwell had the best bowling figures, best fielding and best batting of both teams and Warnie and Gilly can stop bagging him. FFS

Edit: he better be man of the match. Maybe they will give it to Faf for his fielding positions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news, Mohammad Abbas is really good.

I cant comprehend why we don't have a steadier in the middle.
Maxwell is an absolute disgrace, how people even consider him to be in test selection is ridiculous. The only time he stayed still during the whole innings he hit the ball for 6...
100% agree with Warnie in terms of bowling, way to much half track rubbish with zero variety.

Good to see our players trying to get set and carve out an innings. Too few value their wicket in the test arena. Still lost a few too many wickets, but at least it wasn't through trying to score fast.

Good to see our players trying to get set and carve out an innings. To few value their wicket in the test arena. Still lost a few too many wickets, but at least it wasn't through trying to score fast.

“We’ll just play our natural games, and whatever happens, happens.”

And why aren't we selecting our best side? Starc should be in there. Surely a bloke like Mitch Marsh is a better option than McDermott. We need a steadier in there as well, not four pure sloggers in Lynn, Short, Finch and Maxwell
In a 10 over game, this should have been right in the wheelhouse of our batting lineup.

Very hard to make an assessment after a once off 10over each match, I think those 4 players can easily play in the same side, they just need to balance their game a bit. Tonight that wasn't much of an option, it was pretty much hit or get out.

And why aren't we selecting our best side? Starc should be in there. Surely a bloke like Mitch Marsh is a better option than McDermott. We need a steadier in there as well, not four pure sloggers in Lynn, Short, Finch and Maxwell

The thing is players like Mitch Marsh and Starc are getting prepped for a big series against India.

Only 1 player that played in this match will be playing in the test series and he's the captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back