Heavily biased quick XXII
BP: Hurn Barrass Shep
HBF:Yeo Gov Dugz
C: Gaff Shuey Jetta
HFF: Cripps Darling Venners
FF: Ryan JK Rioli
F: Nic Nat Sheed Redden
B: Muntz, Slyce, Sneeze, hutch

It took a Freo fan to point this out to me but Ryan only averaged 1.7 tackles a game in his WAFL career. That seems dangerously low to me, is he a bit of a one way runner?

Even LeCras averaged 2.4 tackles last year and he's too busy kicking goals/lifting the team.

It might be a similar deal with Rioli.

I'm getting worried that our renewed forward line isn't as sure a thing as I thought.

Fixed.

Last edited:

Haggers speculating Naita is not right. Maybe we will get the Lycett/Vardy combo in the end...would be in the top handful of ruck combinations too.

It's Hagdorn, take it with a grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is strength really Sheed's strength? I wouldn't have thought size/strength was something our inside mids actually had going for them, hence their propensity to lose contests.

He seems pretty strong, can shrug a tackle... I dunno.

Shuey, Redden, Sheed, Ah Chee and Yeo are all a decent size and strength. Maybe it's just average for the league. I was struggling for overall strengths of our midfield.

Shuey, Redden, Sheed, Ah Chee and Yeo are all a decent size and strength. Maybe it's just average for the league. I was struggling for overall strengths of our midfield.
Same

I think a lot of them seem a decent size on paper but it doesn't always seem to translate to strength.

This is what I am hoping for in round 1. I would swap Mckenzie for Nelson from last year, so that our backline is a bit smaller and quicker.
Lecras and Cripps will need to keep proving themselves as well. A few young kids will be knocking on the door.

upload_2017-12-14_17-54-17.png

Next group who are close.

McKenzie
Watson
Vardy
Partington
Hutchings
Brayshaw
Waterman

Last edited:
This is what I am hoping for in round 1. Except for Nelson for Mckenzie. That is what I prefer to make our backline a bit smaller and quicker.
Lecras and Cripps will need to keep proving themselves as well. A few young kids will be knocking on the door.

View attachment 444989

McKenzie
Watson
Vardy
Partington
Hutchings
Brayshaw

Love that team.

I actually prefer Vardy to Lycett.

Lecca and Jetta the only question marks depending on form/consistency. Hoping they have big years.

Waterman would be very close to a debut too!

Love that team.

I actually prefer Vardy to Lycett.

Lecca and Jetta the only question marks depending on form/consistency. Hoping they have big years.

Waterman would be very close to a debut too!
Very close call for Vardy. I want him in the team but its hard to fit him in.
I cant see Nic Nat and Lycett playing every game, so he should get a shot.

This is what I am hoping for in round 1. I would swap Mckenzie for Nelson from last year, so that our backline is a bit smaller and quicker.

View attachment 444989

McKenzie
Watson
Vardy
Partington
Hutchings
Brayshaw
Waterman
I'm not sure how you have Nelson on HBF over Duggan and Vardy > Lycett.

Very close call for Vardy. I want him in the team but its hard to fit him in.
I cant see Nic Nat and Lycett playing every game, so he should get a shot.
I think it will be Lycett that will be waiting to get a shot. Vardy has earnt his spot with everything he's done since arriving at the club. Lycett needs to put together some solid form at WAFL and stay injury free.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/be...e/news-story/33d1ec4faf277246112ee0653119cde0

BEST 22

B: Shannon Hurn, Eric Mackenzie, Brad Sheppard

HB: Tom Barrass, Jeremy McGovern, Jackson Nelson

C: Andrew Gaff, Elliot Yeo, Lewis Jetta

HF: Oscar Allen, Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps

F: Liam Ryan, Josh Kennedy, Willie Rioli

FOLL: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey, Dom Sheed

I/C: Liam Duggan, Mark LeCras, Jack Redden, Luke Partington

EMG: Brendon Ah Chee, Will Schofield, Nathan Vardy

OTHERS: Brayden Ainsworth, Matthew Allen, Jarrod Brander, Hamish Brayshaw, Tom Cole, Mark Hutchings, Malcolm Karpany, Chris Masten, Kurt Mutimer, Jack Petruccelle, Josh Rotham, Daniel Venables, Jake Waterman

-Doesn't rate Venables as best 25
-Or Ah Chee as best 22
-Lycett seems to have dropped off the list also

View attachment 444989

McKenzie
Watson
Vardy
Partington
Hutchings
Brayshaw
Waterman

Yep, that looks like best 22 to me.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/be...e/news-story/33d1ec4faf277246112ee0653119cde0

BEST 22

B: Shannon Hurn, Eric Mackenzie, Brad Sheppard

HB: Tom Barrass, Jeremy McGovern, Jackson Nelson

C: Andrew Gaff, Elliot Yeo, Lewis Jetta

HF: Oscar Allen, Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps

F: Liam Ryan, Josh Kennedy, Willie Rioli

FOLL: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey, Dom Sheed

I/C: Liam Duggan, Mark LeCras, Jack Redden, Luke Partington

EMG: Brendon Ah Chee, Will Schofield, Nathan Vardy

OTHERS: Brayden Ainsworth, Matthew Allen, Jarrod Brander, Hamish Brayshaw, Tom Cole, Mark Hutchings, Malcolm Karpany, Chris Masten, Kurt Mutimer, Jack Petruccelle, Josh Rotham, Daniel Venables, Jake Waterman

-Doesn't rate Venables as best 25
-Or Ah Chee as best 22
-Lycett seems to have dropped off the list also

Putting Barrass on a back flank is crazy.

I guess they would use Gov or Darling as the second ruck?

That team is pretty horrible.

I love Eagle Wrath's team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back