NFL 2018 NFL - Week 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Much like the rest of the old school i hate the way the NFL trending, dont want it to be all one way, just want teams with a good defense to feel like they are a shot of winning a title, rules/restrictions on what you can do now making it very hard for any defense for the foreseeable future.

Used to be you need a top 10 D to be winning titles. Now it feels like if you dont have a top 10 offense you're not winning one.

The NFL climate has changed dramatically. This is only the beginning.

Used to be you need a top 10 D to be winning titles. Now it feels like if you dont have a top 10 offense you're not winning one.

Significant rule changes and changes in the way rules are called methinks.

Defenders need to be given a legit one on one chance to win their contest. Unless you are an elite corner you can't keep up with the receivers today because of the way the game is. Zone coverage is not going to stop elite offense and elite play design either.

A few things that would be good

- properly enforce illegal man down field rules, (see run-pass option plays)
- allow more contact beyond the LOS for defenders, Chris Harris Jr. suggested move it from 5yds to 10yds past the LOS
- ease up on player safety rules, still make it a focus to stop leading with the head, etc., but give defenders a fighting chance when they need to go full speed into a collision to break up a pass for example. Defenseless receiver rules are too harsh at times
- furthermore, allow QB's to be tackled again
- properly enforce OPI, especially on pick plays

I hope so.

Never a fan of the teams with a great defence and a QB who's job it is to manage the clock.

Get ready for the BF experts to tell you everything that was wrong with the game.
Bloody hipsters on here I tell ya.

Obviously these days game is geared for fantasy, NFL red zone etc. so higher scores the better. I agree to an extent but need a balance as in any sport.

Certainly don’t want to go back to early 90s when field goals ruled and you used to get boring 6-3, 9-6 results. But after that they struck a good balance. Last decade or so though 4,000 yards by a QB is pretty much standard.

This year seems to have moved even more and some of the defensive penalties have seemed a little soft.

I mentioned on game day thread but you look at Josh Norman’s penalty on Hopkins on the weekend and you have to think...s**t this is now ridiculous

I hope so.

Never a fan of the teams with a great defence and a QB who's job it is to manage the clock.

From a casual fans perspective i understand it, yesterday's game was a magnificent spectacle. Even i appreciate a game like that every now and then. The problem being i see it becoming a far more regular occurrence.

Like with everything in life, if you get too much of it, it becomes a bore.

Rules have been swung far too heavily in favour of the offense.

Offensive/passing records etc etc are all going to be smashed in the coming years. Im sorry but dont tell me Goff and Mahomes are up there with the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Montana, Marino, Brees etc etc... they aren't.

Significant rule changes and changes in the way rules are called methinks.

Defenders need to be given a legit one on one chance to win their contest. Unless you are an elite corner you can't keep up with the receivers today because of the way the game is. Zone coverage is not going to stop elite offense and elite play design either.

A few things that would be good

- properly enforce illegal man down field rules, (see run-pass option plays)
- allow more contact beyond the LOS for defenders, Chris Harris Jr. suggested move it from 5yds to 10yds past the LOS
- ease up on player safety rules, still make it a focus to stop leading with the head, etc., but give defenders a fighting chance when they need to go full speed into a collision to break up a pass for example. Defenseless receiver rules are too harsh at times
- furthermore, allow QB's to be tackled again
- properly enforce OPI, especially on pick plays
You make good points but they won’t change anything to go that way

Offensive/passing records etc etc are all going to be smashed in the coming years. Im sorry but dont tell me Goff and Mahomes are up there with the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Montana, Marino, Brees etc etc... they aren't.
Honestly, it hurts me to say it, but Mahomes ******* might be

Goff isn't close tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goff isn't close tho

Yea, agree, if either are a future great its def Mahomes. Ill still wait to see if some teams can figure him out over the offseason tho. This is his rookie year pretty much after all. Year two always a greater test.

Goff just showing that its all about the offensive system you're in these days. Good innovative coach = mass yardage.

Had a thought yesterday

Do the Rams take the ultimate risk and move on from Goff when his rookie contract is up? save the money for other play makers on D/O-line for example and go all in on another rookie QB or even find a cheap vet who can run the offense.

Probably too big of a risk to take

Had a thought yesterday

Do the Rams take the ultimate risk and move on from Goff when his rookie contract is up? save the money for other play makers on D/O-line for example and go all in on another rookie QB or even find a cheap vet who can run the offense.

Probably too big of a risk to take
Look how much theyre spending on the D and its s**t. Goff is a brady like ceiling.

Goff isn't close tho
He might be, but we won't know until he has to play in a system that doesn't have Hill, Kelce and Watkins at his disposal. Those three, and the Rams DBs, would make anyone look good.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He might be, but we won't know until he has to play in a system that doesn't have Hill, Kelce and Watkins at his disposal. Those three, and the Rams DBs, would make anyone look good.

Except that he does it against a virtual elite defense, in Denver, on MNF. That's as hard as it gets outside of a playoff game. And he came back from down 10 with 7 minutes to go

Except that he does it against a virtual elite defense, in Denver, on MNF. That's as hard as it gets outside of a playoff game. And he came back from down 10 with 7 minutes to go
Missing the point though because he wasn't the only one doing it. Passing requires a receiver. We know KC have good receivers, are their receivers making Mahomes out to be better than he is? Too early to say.

Meanwhile Manning and Brady made average wideouts look good. Point is Mahomes has a long way to prove he can breathe that air. See Wentz.

Missing the point though because he wasn't the only one doing it. Passing requires a receiver. We know KC have good receivers, are their receivers making Mahomes out to be better than he is? Too early to say.

Meanwhile Manning and Brady made average wideouts look good. Point is Mahomes has a long way to prove he can breathe that air. See Wentz.

Brady didn't make average receivers look good. That was Josh McDaniels

Goff’s going to be a star, all that without Kupp yesterday. Not like Gurley set him up either. I’d say in 10 years he’ll have a better career than Mahomes.
Not having Kupp isn't really that impressive. Didn't change the fact he was hitting wide open throws that his coach designed, the same guy that will ensure he has a great career if they stay together

Not having Kupp isn't really that impressive. Didn't change the fact he was hitting wide open throws that his coach designed, the same guy that will ensure he has a great career if they stay together
You still have to execute and some were executed with plenty of skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back