NFL 2018 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They opened as $2.13 home dogs (SportsBet)

Seems ridiculous overs going on what the Bucs have done so far and how sorry Pittsburgh D is.

Bookies playing the "fitz is due" game.

Ex-Vikings watch - week 2

Case Keenum - B
Calm down Broncos fans! - this is exactly what you can expect from Keenum every week. He will throw interceptions but that won't stop him sligning the ball downfield to try and win the game. Just remember that since he started in week 2 of last season he has a 16-4 win-loss record.....

Adrian Peterson - C-
Peterson returned to earth this week with a pedestrian 11 rush, 20 yard performance. 6 of his runs went for negative or no yardage and only a 14 yard run saved him from recording less than 1 yard per carry. At least he didn't fumble the ball this week.

Sam Bradford - F
Bradford continues to show the Arizona Cardinals that his career is effectively over. 17 completions on 27 throws for 90 yards and a pick is something that should give every Cardinals fans reason to start the "Rosen, Rosen, Rosen" chant from the stands. The only positive that you could take out of week 2 was that it was against the power house LA Rams.

And never trust another hispanic kicker again....Aguayo, now Gonzalez.
Those Gramatica brothers were pretty loopy too, before the turn of the century hispanic kickers seemed OK though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL sets new mark for early-season ties
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2018, 8:46 PM EDT
unknown-5-e1537145167957.jpeg

Orion Pictures

Ty Webb may have had a lot of nice ties, but there’s no such thing as a nice tie in football.

The NFL has had two not-so-nice outcomes in each of the first two weeks. It’s the first time since 1971 that the NFL opened a season with a tie in Week One and a tie in Week Two.

Back then, games tied at the end of regulation ended in a tie. Starting in 1974, the NFL added an overtime period. For more than four decades, the extra session lasted 15 minutes. In 2017, the NFL reduced overtime to 10 minutes.

Last week, the Steelers and Browns tied at 21. On Sunday, the Vikings and Packers tied at 29. Forty-seven years ago, the Dolphins and Broncos tied at 10 in Week One, and the Falcons and Rams tied at 20-20 in Week Two.

Michael Thomas sets record for most catches in first two games
Posted by Josh Alper on September 16, 2018, 8:16 PM EDT
gettyimages-1034470376-e1537143324510.jpg

Getty Images

The Saints eked out a victory over the Browns on Sunday to even their record to 1-1 on the year and wide receiver Michael Thomas had a big role in that effort.

Thomas caught two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to help the Saints erase a 12-3 deficit and put the team in position for a win. Those two catches were part of 12 overall for Thomas on the day and he now has 28 catches through the first two weeks of the season.

“It’s a long season, man. I’m trying to play in the championship. I’m trying to play in the Super Bowl,” Thomas said, via ESPN.com. “I’m trying to do big things here, so individual stats at the end of the day, with a player of my caliber and the guy behind center and the offensive line and all the tools around me, I’m gonna catch a lot of footballs. I’m gonna get open. I’ve been doing that my whole life. So now what can I do to add value to this team and take the next step?”

Thomas also lost a fumble for the second straight week, so he and the Saints have a lot to clean up before they return to work ahead of a Week Three trip to Atlanta to face the 1-1 Falcons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back