Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 3!

What do you think the Crows should do with their Picks?

• Don't vote for that one above either (or this one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends how bad Reid wants a player and we all know sos loves putting Reid over his knee in negotiations.
Do we?

Why did SOS pay up more for Gov that what the vast majority of Blues supporters were expecting.

Is SOS A dunce negotiator or do most Carlton supporters have NFI... or both? ;)

I am not bullish on Myles. Its his decision making that worries me, more than his work around the contest. I think he has shown some good things at the contest and with his tackling. Not saying he is on track for an AFL career, but I am not writing that part of his game off. Also think he is a good mark. But not sure if he has the smarts for AFL footy.
I'm not writing off Polk yet... but he needs to take big steps this year or risk delisting.

Knows how to get the ball and is a Goal Kicker. I like his off the ball work both defensive and attacking side of the ball along with his instinctive positioning/leading when playing Forward. Give him a few years/preseason and he will break the lines from the centre and kick goals in the AFL
I like him But I am biased being from the Barossa and a Centrals supporter. Also seen him play live more than the Other 3

Right there with you. Highly rate this lad and wouldn't be at all annoyed if we picked him with our first.

Carlton supporters have gone so long without winning they can no longer identify it.
Recurrent events can do strange things to the culture of a footy club and its fans.

We've lost so many good players so consistently we've started to group speak as if we're actually making some kind of profit when they leave

I'm not writing off Polk yet... but he needs to take big steps this year or risk delisting.

We really need more mids in his age bracket. I think we need to draft mids this year, which would help take care of that and make the decision to cut Poholke a bit easier if needed. At the moment Myles is really the only option coming through.

I don't think its going to happen, but lets say we do get Luko and Rankine for our 4 picks. Our midfield profile will look pretty bad. In the last few years we have gone Milera, Doedee, Gallucci, Poholke, Signarello, Himmelberg, Fogarty, McPhearson, Murphy, McAdam, Stengle and then Luko, Rankine.

While that is some great recruiting right there, we basically have no quality inside mids in that under 22 bracket from next year. Milera, Gallucci and McPhearson are outside and we would be reaching to put square pegs in round holes to justify that isnt the case. At the moment, we have no option to cut Poholke because he is really the only inside mid we have now in that demographic.

If we did do this pipe dream of Luko and Rankine, I would want us to at least get a late pick back that we can use to take Partington. It just gives us two inside mids to develop instead of one. Or, if we can get a Berry with a late pick even better.

Off the top of your head you have listed trades that don’t even cost as much as what your prepared for us to stump up for an 18 year old unknown.

Don’t act like pick 8 is nothing either. In this draft it could get us Ben King or Connor Rozee. Our pick 8 is probably going to be worth a pick 3 in most other drafts should Gold Coast take Caldwell.

Well I guess I recalled incorrectly. But my original comment was 8, 16 and 21 would be one of the highest prices ever paid and by the looks of the above it clearly is one of them. Judd was a monumental failure of a trade. So was Boyd. Croad etc.

But just to clarify, you want us to pay the type of supertrade that gets a Brownlow medal winning premiership star, who at the time was one of the best players the game had ever seen, for an 18 year old that has never played AFL.

Judd was WC's eagles captain and the best player in the league. 3 1st rounds picks for an untried kid is just sheer stupidity. I wouldn't even give 2 1st rounders in this draft to move up 2 spots. There is so much real talent available at these picks. I'm sitting pat on my hand.
Shaz has got it right do not make any trade at all. We will need next years picks as there are always kids that come from nowhere and some of you want to give away future picks willy nilly.
Put your play stations away and join the real world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know Blues fans are desperate for a win, but this is just sad.
Delusional that the SOS 3 year list rebuild is on track.

The only thing preventing them from yet another spoon is gold coast losing key players, including their 2 co-captains.

I would’ve thought getting guys who want to be at your club is a high priority, instead of taking others who don’t want to leave Victoria and trying to convince them to stay

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Chad Wingard was Port through and through, until he left that is

Get it done AFC. Embrace expectation. Don't run and hide from it amongst a gaggle of vanilla picks

If we trade up itll be for Luko IMO. The key will be, if we want him we have to hope he doesn't get to Alberton. Even if he wants to leave we will pay a kings ransom.

Just thinking about our list, Shaz2012 is right - we need mids. Our forward line is stacked for the future - right now we have

Walker - 28
Jenkins - 29
Betts - 31 almost 32
Lynch - 28
Otten - 29

Fogarty - 19
Himmelberg - 20
Murphy - nearly 20
Stengle - 20
McAdam - 20

so we've got some tall ones and some smalls ones coming through. We need more, but we have a more pressing problem - our mids. We've got

Douglas - 31, nearly 32
Mackay - 30
Gibbs - 29
Sloane - 28
Greenwood - 26
Seedsman - 26
Smith - 26
CEY - 25
Atkins - 24
Brouch - 24
Mrouch - 23
Milera - 21

Think three years from now - the first seven guys on that list will all either be retired or nearing 30. The next 4 down will be entering their prime. It's time to look for the next generation, and with 4 picks inside 21 and our drafting record, we should be absolutely bedding our midfield for a decade. At the very least we should take 3 of those 4 picks to the draft - i'd be happy using one of them to upgrade 8, say 8 + 16 to get L/R/R etc, but we've never had a hand like this before, we need to play it smart. I would hope we've been in the ears of L/R/R saying, if you get drafted to GC, we'll be waiting with open arms after your first contract is up

Back