NFL 2019/20 - Off-season. Coaching/GM News

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s his show now.

I don’t have to like it and I absolutely don’t but I gotta eat it. :)

Maybe he will prove me 100% wrong

But I bet Barry wouldn’t wager a years salary on it, would ya mate? ;)
You guys are rooted. DePodesta wasn’t even a good baseball GM! ;)

Honestly, I laughed myself off the couch reading the details

Honestly, I laughed myself off the couch reading the details

Article doesn’t reveal much, but this comment raised an eyebrow...
, in addition to certain Haslam likes, such as hours-long, Monday-after, owner-coach meetings.

What a waste of valuable time!!

Article doesn’t reveal much, but this comment raised an eyebrow...

What a waste of valuable time!!

Interfering at worst and micro managing at best.

Sounds like something out of the Jerry Jones Team Management Manual.

What’s that song:

“ Bring In The Clowns “

Also had a good chuckle about the game plan being required to be submitted by Friday to PDP and the analytics team.

Don’t think this will have a happy ending..... maybe a rent not buy options for the coaching staff would be prudent.

Interfering at worst and micro managing at best.

Sounds like something out of the Jerry Jones Team Management Manual.

What’s that song:

“ Bring In The Clowns “

Also had a good chuckle about the game plan being required to be submitted by Friday to PDP and the analytics team.

Don’t think this will have a happy ending..... maybe a rent not buy options for the coaching staff would be prudent.

One would think with ALL those Ivy League degrees

It might cross their collective group think minds...that a meeting on Friday to go over the game plan for their approval is well

juuuuuusssst a bit late in the week

unless they plan on practicing Friday nights and all day Saturday

:)

It might cross their collective group think minds...that a meeting on Friday to go over the game plan for their approval is well

Browns coaches request 16 Thursday games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AC I am just staggered that a prospective coach would agree to the terms that have been outlined.

Even more amazing on the fact that Haslam endorses the concept.

Jimmy and Dee Dee might just take a good look at how the Rooney and Kraft Family run their organisations as Ross Lyon would say “ let the cobblers cobble “.

Maybe just maybe that’s why both organisations have 6 Lombardi Trophies in their Cabinets.

Owners should let the coaches coach and make sure that they as owners , provide the coaches and support staff with all the tools and facilities that they need to do their jobs.

Pretty +^%*^%+ simple I would have thought.

Last edited:
You can understand why the search was so "thorough" now, everyone who applied told Jimmy to GAGF to his terms and conditions.

Biggest try hard Jerry Jones ever.

AC I am just staggered that a prospect coach would agree to the terms that have been outlined.

Even more amazing on the fact that Haslam endorses the concept.

Jimmy and Dee Dee might just take a good look at how the Rooney and Kraft Family run their organisations as Ross Lyon would say “ let the cobblers cobble “.

Maybe just maybe that’s why both organisations have 6 Lombardi Trophies in their Cabinets.

Owners should let the coaches coach and make sure that they as owners , provide the coaches and support staff with all the tools and facilities that they need to do their jobs.

Pretty +^%*^%+ simple I would have thought.

Haslam said something illuminating when they announced Dorsey was out. He told a story about how times changed and he can now go into anyone of his pilot flying J’s and ask how many candy bars they sold that week. His manager can take out some iPad and give him an exact count.

He is completely infatuated with analysis like that. There is a reason that never was baseball genius has been attached like a leach to this organization for 4 plus years now.

He keeps providing “numbers” to Jimmah to armchair qb every single decision made by those who Depodesta doesn’t agree with.

Dorseys biggest mistake was not blasting that dude out the door last year. His second biggest mistake was Kitchens.

Haslam has been convinced running everything by a spreadsheet is the only way out.

As for Stefanski...no team has ever interviewed him except for the Browns.

He figures this is his chance and he likely believes he can co-exist with Depodesta because he feels analytics should have a bigger role.

The problem is..he underestimates Depodesta’s desire to control every-single play.

Human nature being what it is—-only a matter of time before that gets old real real fast.

This has become a quest for Depodesta

He truly believes he is the smartest man in every room.

He truly believes he will show the NFL they are wrong to not believe analytics can run EVERYTHING.

His trade downs, his draft picks are all viewed from the idea he alone is “pulling one over” on the league

It’s complete hubris and he found the sucker...errr owner who has given his organization over to it.

I know this—not one other team in the division is the least bit worried

including Cincy

Vikings fired DC George Edwards.
Edwards has been coach Mike Zimmer's defensive coordinator since 2014. He was almost let go two years ago before the sides agreed to give it another try. It seems for real this time. Edwards has helped oversee some elite defenses in his time with the Vikings, even netting himself a head-coaching interview with the Bucs last year after talking with the Bears two years back. The 53-year-old (this week) should land on his feet. The Vikings now need new offensive and defensive coordinators after OC Kevin Stefanski got the Browns' coaching job.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 12, 2020, 10:54 PM ET

yep, thought Dodds was a smart cookie

-------

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry will interview for the Browns' GM vacancy later this week.
Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds recently declined the Browns' interview request, leaving Berry as the clear frontrunner to succeed John Dorsey as GM. Berry is no stranger to the Browns, having previously served as their VP of player personnel from 2016-18 before jumping ship to Philadelphia last year. The 31-year-old Harvard grad would be an excellent get for a Browns organization in desperate need of stability.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 13, 2020, 11:43 AM ET

Jaguars fired OC John DeFilippo.
The Jaguars tried to soften it by calling DeFilippo's sudden departure a "mutual" parting of ways, though we know what it really was. DeFilippo's ouster comes as a relative surprise after he coaxed a surprisingly productive season out of unheralded sixth-round rookie Gardner Minshew. This continues DeFilippo's ongoing fall from grace as the 41-year-old has quickly gone from an up-and-comer with head-coaching aspirations to a maligned journeyman headed for his sixth team in seven seasons. DeFilippo's firing can be at least partially attributed to job preservation on the part of Doug Marrone, who is well aware that another failure in 2020 would assuredly spell the end of his Jaguars tenure.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jacksonville Jaguars on Twitter
Jan 13, 2020, 11:02 AM ET

Lions hired Eagles DBs coach Cory Undlin as defensive coordinator.
This will be the 48-year-old's first coordinating gig following over a decade of experience as both a position coach and defensive assistant. Undlin and Lions coach Matt Patricia got their start together as assistants under Patriots coach Bill Belichick in the early 2000s. He'll replace Paul Pasqualoni, who recently stepped away from his defensive coordinator post to spend more time with his family, among other pursuits. Philadelphia's secondary largely struggled in 2019, though that had more to do with injuries than anything Undlin did or didn't do.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Jan 13, 2020, 8:29 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back