News 2019 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone works sundays or is otherwise occupied - by oh, you know, things like enjoying family time - they are ****** when it comes to getting to or even watching the game in 2019
I work sundays to help pay for life whilst doing my masters. RIP watching footy next season.

we travel interstate 5-6 times each year, nothing new there.
Up to the club to start performing now, it's a dog average fixture for attendance and commercial purposes but as good as it can be for breaks and what not, we have a 7 day break plus 18 times! Not bad for a young side. Off broadway as well so external noise will be minimised, no one is expecting us to finish outside the bottom 3 so we can just go about our business and put the pressure back on the coaches to mentally prepare this team to perform every week.
Not sure i am a fan of the 'its great to fly under the radar' thinking. Irrelevance and obscurity should not be thought of as a good thing.

I suspect 6 interstate games is at the high end for Melbourne teams.

The fixture seems to me to disenfranchise the supporter base and we will see many games played in half empty stadiums at irrelevant times.

Compare that to Collingwood and Essendon next year.

we finished with a percentage of 60 and 2 wins this season and are currently crap to watch. I don't think we can make demands at this point.
take our medicine and start performing. pressure is on Bolton for mine now - I'm looking at him next year. 18 x 7 day plus breaks, healthy list going into pre season. we must start improving.

Yep, could well be. I'm a bit confused as to what '3.20' means for Seven in the case of the R15 away game vs Freo - is that Perth time?

Good spot. It's local time, so that's the early slot in VIC and therefore probably not on FTA.

I also seem to recall that during the bye rounds there were no Sunday FTA games, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Dont' think that impacts us though.

Much rather watch us lose on a Sunday then on a Friday night as I at least get to enjoy most of my weekend before the pain starts.

Much rather watch us lose on a Sunday then on a Friday night as I at least get to enjoy most of my weekend before the pain starts.

Means it's fresh in the minds of your co-workers on Monday though :p

Thinking about it a little more - maybe the fixture will work for me. Lots of Sunday arvo games - that's a good time slot to take a 1yo to, yeah?

MEB_ HBF - how'd you guys go this season with your little one, any tips?

Good spot. It's local time, so that's the early slot in VIC and therefore probably not on FTA.

I also seem to recall that during the bye rounds there were no Sunday FTA games, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Dont' think that impacts us though.

Bugger it!!

"I also seem to recall that during the bye rounds there were no Sunday FTA games" I also have some recollection that when they played a Thursday night game Sunday games got canned now you mention it, which annoys me no end. I love the Sunday afternoon time slot and hate Thursday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger it!!

"I also seem to recall that during the bye rounds there were no Sunday FTA games" I also have some recollection that when they played a Thursday night game Sunday games got canned now you mention it, which annoys me no end. I love the Sunday afternoon time slot and hate Thursday nights.
The current broadcasting deal allows the FTA broadcast of 4 games a week. Generally they (Ch 7) will show Friday night/ 2 Saturday and a Sunday game. If there is a Thursday night they can show it but 1 game falls out of the FTA broadcast and that can mean no Sunday telecast.

Thank god we play Suns twice.

Would’ve been nice to play the Bombers twice too. Things to like and dislike about the fixture depending which way u look at it.

Very glad we only play likes of Pies, Eagles, Demons and Giants once.

I am pretty happy we didn't draw the lions for one of our bottom side double ups and we got them only in Melbourne - a trip to the Gabba is a guaranteed loss for us.

The current broadcasting deal allows the FTA broadcast of 4 games a week. Generally they (Ch 7) will show Friday night/ 2 Saturday and a Sunday game. If there is a Thursday night they can show it but 1 game falls out of the FTA broadcast and that can mean no Sunday telecast.

Do we lose any that way this year?

Pretty awful commercial result, but very hard to imagine a better draw for the footy dept.

No consecutive six day breaks, several consecutive seven day breaks. 20 day games (assuming rd23 is a day game) will allow the coaches and players to develop some routine.

Don’t play the Eagles in Perth, the Crows in Adelaide or the Lions in Brisbane. Only one trip to Perth, SA and Queensland.

Absolutely no excuses for the footy dept as a whole to have the group playing to it’s 2019 potential.

On that basis I think it’s a terrific result. Get to work, gentlemen. Win some games.

from the fish bowl media of Perth we were apparently a blight on the competition in 2018 hence our banishment from Friday nights...I can't recall the Eagles or Dockers being called that when they weren't winning games but of course the "journos" still need to get interviews don't they....I cannot wait until we are winning consistently and these dicks have to eat their words...GO BLUES...

Was that the case in season 2018? Pretty sure there were no Saturday arvo games on FTA except in the case of big marquee games.

Might be selfish, but I like it. Friday and Thursday sucks for me if I’m not going over for the match, normally miss the first quarter. (550pm start in Perth)

Saturday night games always get effected by dinner (530 start time Perth).

So overall a huge fan of the day games

Could name 8 sides that would gladly take it.

Just sayin’
I take it you mean the 8 non Victorian clubs?
If so they get 12 games in their home states and of those they get 10 games with a "home" ground advantage.
We travel 4 less times yet only get around 5 home games against clubs from interstate where we have an advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back