News 2019 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is our fixture very good?

2x Suns, 2x Dogs, 2x Saints

Adelaide, North and Brisbane at home.

2x Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood as rivalry games.

As far as i'm concerned.. that's 13 games we should be competitive in.

Should pick up at least 6 wins.
We play coll and ess one time each only...

Savvy move by Carlton to upgrade memberships given the 2019 fixture. Better than 50% chance it will occur again in 2020.
Not sure savvy is the word i would use :think: I think it was the realisation following a 2 win season memberships are likely to go off the cliff was the motivating force to upgrade memberships. Now the fixture has been released i would very surprised if membership holds up.

Is it just me or is our fixture very good?

2x Suns, 2x Dogs, 2x Saints

Adelaide, North and Brisbane at home.

2x Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood as rivalry games.

As far as i'm concerned.. that's 13 games we should be competitive in.

Should pick up at least 6 wins.
I’ve been watching replays of all our 2018 games. With the emotion you see the games so differently. There’s a few things to work on but 6 wins will be a minimum,I see so much upside.
- improved fitness of youngens
-improved strength of youngens
-better decision making out of 50 and into 50
- better decision making when under pressure
- jones Plowman Marchbank to never kick across goal to a player standing still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play coll and ess one time each only...
Hence why there is no 2x in front of Collingwood and Essendon... only Richmond, if you look to the first line where I have repeated 2x in front of each of Sunds, Dogs and Saints then that should be clear. Hope that clears up my comment.

It is just you FBI.

Probably the worst fixture we have been handed, no Friday nights, 11 sunday games (possibly 12) , 6 interstate games.

Not impressed at all.
I'm not really too fussed about the actual timing of the games Ace. I live in WA so it's not like I can go to them anyway. How many interstate trips do we normally have?

Can't complain too much about the draw - plenty of FTA games on a Sunday afternoon (good time for my family to watch) and Suns, Saints & Dogs twice from bottom 6 sides are the 3 best we could get.

6 interstate trips in the season. Very very tough season ahead.

we travel interstate 5-6 times each year, nothing new there.
Up to the club to start performing now, it's a dog average fixture for attendance and commercial purposes but as good as it can be for breaks and what not, we have a 7 day break plus 18 times! Not bad for a young side. Off broadway as well so external noise will be minimised, no one is expecting us to finish outside the bottom 3 so we can just go about our business and put the pressure back on the coaches to mentally prepare this team to perform every week.

Draw difficulty hardest to easiest.

Dq4XdShVAAEV_Gi.jpg

At a glance, perhaps 6 or 7 FTA, at most? I find it hard to estimate the full extent of Seven's scheduling shenanigans, so I might be way off there.
I see 6 Sunday games slated for 3.20 which is when e 7 telecast is,the opening round and possibly the Bulldogs Saturday night game.

So hopefully 8.

I'm not really too fussed about the actual timing of the games Ace. I live in WA so it's not like I can go to them anyway. How many interstate trips do we normally have?
I suspect 6 interstate games is at the high end for Melbourne teams.

The fixture seems to me to disenfranchise the supporter base and we will see many games played in half empty stadiums at irrelevant times.

Compare that to Collingwood and Essendon next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back