List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the current system is about right. It is awesome that we have the family history aspect to our game. There is a 20% discount now whereas the advantage in the past was probably too large. That provides an incentive and opportunity. Let's remember the players in all this - it is terrific for them to be able to play at the club that their dad played at for a reasonable period.

Why should some players have any advantage over others, just because they have been born into it?

Here is a Phantom Draft from “The Roar”

Pick 12 – Hawthorn Hawks – Fisher McAsey

“Finn Maginess (Hawthorn) ... may attract a bid inside the first round”. <- not selected in the top 20 in the Phantom draft.

Now that the dust has settled on the trade period, it's time to discuss the national draft.

As per The Age, we have Draft picks: 11, 30, 42, 54, 63, 87, 92.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on players they think will be suitable.

Fisher McAsey has been mention with pick 11, but with Frost and Patton coming in will a key position player still be a priority?

30 & 42 will most likely be needed for Finn.

Any bargins with 54,63,87 or 92? A promising small forward would be ideal.

The easy part is the end picks being 87 and 92 they will be used to make Nash and Hanrahan officially on the main list.

Pick 11 for best available- a choice of the players discussed earlier.

Finn takes up 30 and 42 with a bid match.

This leaves us with unknowns at 54 and 63 - maybe a match for Pepper on one of them or a Riccardi or a draft smokey?

So I think 4 players in plus 2 rookie upgrades to complete the primary list.

I think we will end up with pick 11. Sydney will bid for Green at pick 5 meaning GWS will have to use pick 6. Would take best available. Hoping Brodie Kemp slides to us.

The only concern is a bid from Carlton at pick 9 for Finn. Almost certain no other club before us will. Strategically Carlton may even bid on Liam Henry forcing the Dockers to use pick 10.

I reckon Daniel Mott from the Calder Cannons will be available for our pick in the 50s. From the 'Aussie Rules Draft Central' website...

Top draft prospects:

Daniel Mott

The silky outside midfield developed the inside portion of his game this year, winning a truckload of clearances and building on his spread to have a real impact on the side with his outside skill and improved hardness at the coalface helping him become a two-way midfielder. He also hit the scoreboard more as the season went on and racked up the ball with ease in the last month showing off he can lift the team on his shoulders.

Harrison Jones

A real raw prospect who has some serious talent when he is on. Showed his potential to play back, forward or through the ruck and win the ball around the ground. Possessing a potent long kick and an ability to get it done at ground level as well as in the air, Jones will look to bulk up his frame further, but will be an exciting player for whichever club selects him which is likely to be second round onwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only concern is a bid from Carlton at pick 9 for Finn. Almost certain no other club before us will. Strategically Carlton may even bid on Liam Henry forcing the Dockers to use pick 10.
Aaaarrrr , but now with Jack Martin going in to the draft the blues could be forced to use 9 .....he ain’t sliding to 43 , there next pick I think .

Aaaarrrr , but now with Jack Martin going in to the draft the blues could be forced to use 9 .....he ain’t sliding to 43 , there next pick I think .
I think the Blues will use pick 43 on him. When a player selects/ has his heart set on a particular club (putting a significant price on his head) they usually end up there. Would be surprised if Carlton bid on Finn at pick 9 if Kemp and Robertson were still available but who knows.

No thank you. As a french speaker it caused me physical pain to hear everyone (including him) pronounce that hard 't' at the end. Glad to be rid of him.

giphy.gif

Does anyone know where we actually rate Finn at? A lot of talk that we are going to take him but as we know, if he gets bid on before where he is rated by Hawthorn, chances are we let him go.

If his bid on before our 1st pick he won't be at Hawthorn, we don't rate him in the top 11 so we'll be taking someone else if that happens.

Pick 11 will be used on who we think is best available, not positional needs like some seem to be suggesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back