Remove this Banner Ad

B: Tom Stewart, Alex Keath, Adam Saad

HB: Shannon Hurn, Harris Andrews, Luke Ryan

C: Mitch Duncan, Nathan Fyfe, Ricky Henderson

HF: Gary Ablett, Tom Hawkins, Jordan De Goey

F: Michael Walters, Jeremy Cameron, Eddie Betts

R: Brodie Grundy, Patrick Cripps, Tim Kelly

INT: Adam Treloar, Max Gawn, Lachie Neale, Stephen Coniglio

Great work. AA seems to be taking shape now.

It pains me to say this, but I would have Travis Boak in. Probably in place of de Goey.

Other than that, pretty much spot on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
yes, I agree. The team looks better with Boak in. Maybe just go with the the 1 ruck, so I'd put him in for Gawn.

Gil Gestapo earning a spot on the bench - destroying opposition every week lately

Walters problem is he (like Fyfe) finds a way to miss 5+ games a season when in good form. If he plays 20+ he should get in.
Think he definitely would of made AA in 2017 but got knee injury and missed the last 5/6 games season .
Close a couple other times but was competing against the likes of Betts and Cyril during their golden years.

So frustrating as he’s been pretty much my favourite freo player since he started (even before his football “resurrection” I was a fan)but always felt he never quite got the plaudits he genuinely derseved .

Ripper role model too , so good to see the AFL world finally giving him the adulation hes most definitely earned.

Basically identical stats and Walters has played one extra game. Clearly they should both be in the side and claiming one should be in over the other is idiotic.

Unless something extraordinary happens in the second half of the year, they should have both HFF spots covered.

HFF: Ablett - Cameron - Walters
FF: Papley - Hawkins - De Goey

Basically identical stats and Walters has played one extra game. Clearly they should both be in the side and claiming one should be in over the other is idiotic.
Did I say they both shouldn’t be there? Simply he’s ahead of GAJ. More goals, touches, contested possessions, and clearances. Thin margins but that’s why he’s in before GAJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless something extraordinary happens in the second half of the year, they should have both HFF spots covered.

HFF: Ablett - Cameron - Walters
FF: Papley - Hawkins - De Goey
Would argue Hawkins CHF and Cameron FF. Cameron has the 5 GA to Hawkins' 17, but it's semantics really. Also would have Eddie over Papley right now.

Would argue Hawkins CHF and Cameron FF. Cameron has the 5 GA to Hawkins' 17, but it's semantics really.

At the same time, Cameron averages more disposals, marks and inside 50 entries, but then also averages more marks inside 50 as well.

I'm a big fan of Hawkins though (particularly how he's evolved and reinvented himself over the last couple of years), and they both essentially play CHF for their sides, so yeah, it really doesn't make much difference which spot they're placed in either way. They've clearly been the best two key forwards in the league this year.

Also would have Eddie over Papley right now.

I feel like Papley has been more consistent and just plain better overall.

Eddie's goal tally is a bit deceptive. He hasn't really had too many good games this year, and has gotten on the end of a fair few "cheapies" to pad out his numbers. Hasn't had nearly the overall consistency or influence of his best years.

If you're looking at the Champion Data Player Ranking Score (a decent catch-all statistical indicator of overall impact and influence), this is shaping as Betts' worst season since he was a 19/20 year old in 2006:

1560677761069.png

Last edited:
At the same time, Cameron averages more disposals, marks and inside 50 entries, but then also averages more marks inside 50 as well.

I'm a big fan of Hawkins though (particularly how he's evolved and reinvented himself over the last couple of years), and they both essentially play CHF for their sides, so yeah, it really doesn't make much difference which spot they're placed in either way. They've clearly been the best two key forwards in the league this year.

I feel like Papley has been more consistent and just plain better overall.

Eddie's goal tally is a bit deceptive. He hasn't really had too many good games this year, and has gotten on the end of a fair few "cheapies" to pad out his numbers. Hasn't had nearly the overall consistency or influence of his best years.

If you're looking at his Champion Data Player Ranking Score average (a decent catch-all statistical indicator of overall impact and influence), this is Betts' worst season since he was a 19/20 year old in 2006:

View attachment 693292
Totally agree - only Adelaide players any chance of making it at this stage would be Brad Crouch & Alex Keith

Agree with the 5 almost locks in that fwdline. Short of an injury/big suspension, De Goey, Cameron, Hawkins, Walters and Ablett are going to be next to impossible to push out from here. They are all too good and experienced to have too large a drop in form. Last small forward role up for grabs. Wouldnt mind if they gave it to one of the better defensive smalls

Laughably ignorant post.

If you think Gawn has had a merely “good” year you legitimately have no idea what you’re talking about. He has been immense.

Maybe, but Grundy has been a fair bit better. He has not just been the best ruckman, but the best player in the competition this year.

He is putting together one of the best seasons by a ruckman in the history of the sport. It'll take a fair bit more than a one off game where he hobbled through with neck and ankle injuries to dislodge him.

Where is old mate who thought McEvoy was worthy of consideration? Wonder if he still thinks the same after bellcho gave him a bath.

Maybe, but Grundy has been a fair bit better. He has not just been the best ruckman, but the best player in the competition this year.

He is putting together one of the best seasons by a ruckman in the history of the sport. It'll take a fair bit more than a one off game where he hobbled through with neck and ankle injuries to dislodge him.
He actually hasn’t been a fair bit better. There’s no statistical argument to back up that claim. But okay.

From Essendon

Saad - would be close to our top 3 best performed players this year. Should be in calculations for a small defender position.

Michael Hurley - doesn’t do the highlights that others do but gets the job done most weeks.

Dyson Heppel - fantastic, probably not in the 40 but not far off it imho

Jake Stringer has been fantastic also. Not at the level of the guys he’d be competing against (DeGoey, Walters etc) but he’s another who has been brilliant this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with the 5 almost locks in that fwdline. Short of an injury/big suspension, De Goey, Cameron, Hawkins, Walters and Ablett are going to be next to impossible to push out from here. They are all too good and experienced to have too large a drop in form. Last small forward role up for grabs. Wouldnt mind if they gave it to one of the better defensive smalls
Betts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back