2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, another from that epic draft class: Billings has announced himself

He has done this before started on fire then dropped away. Needs to fight his way through the Tag when it arrives. Probably the knock on him it's pretty rough being taken one pick in front of the Bont.

Kelly (2)
Bont (4)

Sheed (11)
Cripps (13)

Crouch (23)
Merrett (26)

Ben Brown (47)

Sicily (56)

Billings, Salem, Acres, Jones, Mcdonald, Boyd, Mcarthy, Impey, Lobb, AA, mcstay, Hewett, Nank, Fantasia, T.langon, Barrass.

McGovern, Laird, rampe all rookie elevated that year. I know it's not the same thing but still incredible really.

FB: Tom Stewart - Phil Davis - Dylan Grimes
HB: James Sicily - Mark Blicavs - Jake Lloyd
C: Lachie Whitfield - Patrick Cripps - Jack Billings
HF: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Isaac Heeney
FF: Jordan De Goey - Jeremy Finalyson - Anthony Mcdonald-Tipungwuti
RR: Brodie Grundy - Lachie Neale - Nat Fyfe

INT: Marcus Bontempelli - Tom Hawkins - Travis Boak - Adam Treloar

Finlayson will probably be scrutinised, but he was playing as a defender in round 1 and 2. Has kicked 11 in the last 3 including a bag of 5 against Richmond. Flying under the radar but travelling very well at this point.
Finlayson is a fair way off.

He does some things very well and has worked hard on his weaknesses to break back into the team. His tackling and defensive work are his weakness still though.

We play three tall forwards by preference, and it would be great if all three applied defensive pressure. Jezza and Himmelberg are fine, Finlayson is marginal.

Not being funny here, but say both Weitering and Jones keep their form, when will they be considered for possible inclusion.

Whilst our mids and forwards have gone missing for chunks of games that have cost us games, it has been our defence that has kept us in games and have done a standout job...

Think if by half way mark they keep this form up, one of them should be discussed in top 40 at least

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A rough early nomination side not enough footy played to make any serious calls just yet. I got pretty lost in key defence not quite sure form warrant it yet Phil Davis, McGovern. Or do you go a bit left field for a Jonas. Also from a small defender D.Rampe, L.Ryan. Lots in the mix plenty I missed.

I just put the guys forward who kicked the sausages I like Heeney and a few others just missed.

Lots of midfielders stiff Fyfe, Sloane, Cunnington, Gawn, Libba, Rockliff, Crouch, Treloar, Sheed list is endless. So instead of just going off numbers I gave the guys who polled well in the coaches award and teams are winning a nod. Concerned with two Bulldogs considering how poorly they have played of late. Most will have gawn in and by end of year will be in but lycett has the votes on the board and Seb ross gets a nod for that reason.

B. T.Stewart H.Andrews S.Hurn
HB. L.Whitfield J.Sicily J.Lloyd
C. T.Boak P.Cripps S.Coniglio
HF. M.Walters T.Lynch A.Sexton
F. Tippa J.Cameron J.De Goey

Foll. B.Grundy M.Bontempelli P.Dangerfield

Inter. J.Mcrea, T.kelly, S.Ross, S.Lycett

* Just a very rough draft* so go easy I would of missed a few as well have not watched every minute of every game
Have you watched many saints games? Ross probably only scrapes into our top 5 players for the year so doubt he’d be close to AA.

Everyone wants a good dominant ruckman like Gawn or Grundy issue is so few of them so the rest of the teams need to work out how to get it done without a star. If a club wants to go drop 900k to a million tomorrow and gawn or grundy are not available who do we give it too.
Marshall ;)

Was he really? Not trying to be petty but Grimes had De Goey kick five goals that night.
Only 2 on Grimes, on Broad 2, Astbury 1. Defences move around.

If Shane Edwards stays at half back he will be in the running. Averaging 26 possessions at HB since rd.2, and a couple of BOG's. Unlike Lloyd who many have on here, his possessions are very damaging.

Last edited:
Have you watched many saints games? Ross probably only scrapes into our top 5 players for the year so doubt he’d be close to AA.

I had to put somebody on from St Kilda being on top of the ladder. So I just rewarded the guys who polled well in the coaches award. Personally I don't think he will make it by years end but he can be in nominations round 5

Screenshot_20190422-095626_Chrome_crop_499x846.jpg

FB: Tom Stewart - Mark Blicavs - Shannon Hurn
CB: Lachie Whitfield - Darcy Moore - James Sicily
C: Jack Billings - Travis Boak - Lachie Neale
HF: Michael Walters - Jeremy Cameron - Patrick Dangerfield
FF: Jordan De Goey - Tom Lynch - Alex Sexton
RR: Brodie Grundy - Nat Fyfe - Patrick Cripps

Int: Marcus Bontempelli - Adam Treloar - Zach Merrett - Tom Rockliff

FB: Tom Stewart - Phil Davis - Dylan Grimes
HB: James Sicily - Mark Blicavs - Jake Lloyd
C: Lachie Whitfield - Patrick Cripps - Jack Billings
HF: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Isaac Heeney
FF: Jordan De Goey - Jeremy Finalyson - Anthony Mcdonald-Tipungwuti
RR: Brodie Grundy - Lachie Neale - Nat Fyfe

INT: Marcus Bontempelli - Tom Hawkins - Travis Boak - Adam Treloar

Finlayson will probably be scrutinised, but he was playing as a defender in round 1 and 2. Has kicked 11 in the last 3 including a bag of 5 against Richmond. Flying under the radar but travelling very well at this point.
Hurn should really be in this team.

He has done this before started on fire then dropped away. Needs to fight his way through the Tag when it arrives. Probably the knock on him it's pretty rough being taken one pick in front of the Bont.

Kelly (2)
Bont (4)

Sheed (11)
Cripps (13)

Crouch (23)
Merrett (26)

Ben Brown (47)

Sicily (56)

Billings, Salem, Acres, Jones, Mcdonald, Boyd, Mcarthy, Impey, Lobb, AA, mcstay, Hewett, Nank, Fantasia, T.langon, Barrass.

McGovern, Laird, rampe all rookie elevated that year. I know it's not the same thing but still incredible really.

Such an amazing outcome that Essendon ended up with Zach Merrett, Orazio Fantasia and Patrick Ambrose (rookie) from this draft given the draft penalties we copped (we lost our first and second picks in 2013).

FB: Tom Stewart - Mark Blicavs - Shannon Hurn
CB: Lachie Whitfield - Darcy Moore - James Sicily
C: Jack Billings - Travis Boak - Lachie Neale
HF: Michael Walters - Jeremy Cameron - Patrick Dangerfield
FF: Jordan De Goey - Tom Lynch - Alex Sexton
RR: Brodie Grundy - Nat Fyfe - Patrick Cripps

Int: Marcus Bontempelli - Adam Treloar - Zach Merrett - Tom Rockliff

Tim Kelly has to be in over Treloar, Merrett or Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly is ahead of dangerfield.
Having one awful game when there have only been 5 games puts you out of the team IMO, especially when the midfield position is the most stacked.

Doesn’t really matter over the course of the entire season though.

Having one awful game when there have only been 5 games puts you out of the team IMO, especially when the midfield position is the most stacked.

Doesn’t really matter over the course of the entire season though.
Dangerfield has had two awful games. Kelly was playing injured in his one awful game. Shouldn't have played.

If you reckon that Grundy has had a better season so far, then by all means go ahead and put him in your team. You were the one who started this argument without looking at the stats first making it out like McEvoy isn't worthy of being discussed as a potential All-Australian.
Id say Witts is currently AA ruckman.

Ricky Henderson is probably the most unlucky I left out
This bloke is coming like a rocket. Has a Delisted FA ever been AA before?

Anyway i want this guy to stay under the radar because im afraid of jinxing it. Without him and Big Boy.... we would be fked.

Edit: just looked at your recent rolling team, Whitfield, Billings and Sexton isnt a bad 3 to pick ahead of the Silver Fox all playing great footy. Although other the Whitfield its a raffle for those Wing/HF/HB spots currently.

This bloke is coming like a rocket. Has a Delisted FA ever been AA before?

Anyway i want this guy to stay under the radar because im afraid of jinxing it. Without him and Big Boy.... we would be fked.

Edit: just looked at your recent rolling team, Whitfield, Billings and Sexton isnt a bad 3 to pick ahead of the Silver Fox all playing great footy. Although other the Whitfield its a raffle for those Wing/HF/HB spots currently.
I’d have him in over Billings and Sexton, he’s having an extraordinarily good run, creating goals and kicking goals himself. You’re getting from Henderson what you thought you’d be getting from the other south Australian recruit, who’s been pretty shite in the main

Remove this Banner Ad

Back