List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Martin gets a $1m with the Sun's and it's out there publicly, if Luko has a cracking year next year what's to stop him from asking for $1m?

Is that how it works though? Isn’t it just the first 2 years of the contract (the expensive ones) that have to match the terms he puts on his head? I don’t think he’s obliged to stick by the terms for the remaining years.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Media outlets have done a poor job of outlining how the mechanics of the deal would work.

Well sure he could leave after 2 years, but he'd be wouldn't get $1M a year unless he wins a Brownlow but we get appropriately compensated for a $1M dollar player
As I said previously nothing good comes of any of this but I'm sure the Club just wants to send the message hard that we are not a Melbourne nursery Club

Knightmares latest phantom draft has us taking

1. Gold Coast: Matthew Rowell (VIC)
Height, Weight:
180cm/78kg
Profile: A big game player, Rowell is the first winner of two successive Grand Final best-on-ground medals in TAC Cup/NAB League history. He is this year's premier midfielder as a hardworking, ball-winning midfielder with explosive pace.

2. Gold Coast: Noah Anderson (VIC)
Height, Weight:
191cm/87kg
Profile: A match winner who breaks games open in the matter of minutes whether he is winning his own ball or hitting the scoreboard. The most influential in the pool whether he's used as a midfielder or forward.

16. Gold Coast: Will Day (SA)
Height, Weight:
188cm/76kg
Profile: Lightly built outside midfielder with good skills and speed. Viewed by recruiters as one of the prospects with the greatest upside in this draft.

22. Gold Coast: Trent Bianco (VIC)
Height, Weight:
178cm/73kg
Profile: Precise and consistent ball user who displays the versatility to play on a wing or in defence. Captained the talented Oakleigh Chargers to this year's NAB League premiership.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Pretty solid couple of picks

Height, Weight:
180cm/78kg
Profile: A big game player, Rowell is the first winner of two successive Grand Final best-on-ground medals in TAC Cup/NAB League history. He is this year's premier midfielder as a hardworking, ball-winning midfielder with explosive pace.

Height, Weight:
191cm/87kg
Profile: A match winner who breaks games open in the matter of minutes whether he is winning his own ball or hitting the scoreboard. The most influential in the pool whether he's used as a midfielder or forward.

Height, Weight:
188cm/76kg
Profile: Lightly built outside midfielder with good skills and speed. Viewed by recruiters as one of the prospects with the greatest upside in this draft.

Height, Weight:
178cm/73kg
Profile: Precise and consistent ball user who displays the versatility to play on a wing or in defence. Captained the talented Oakleigh Chargers to this year's NAB League premiership.

Will Day sounds a stretch at 16

Height, Weight:
180cm/78kg

Height, Weight:
191cm/87kg

Height, Weight:
188cm/76kg

Height, Weight:
178cm/73kg

FWIW I've heard there's significant interest in Ryan Byrnes from you guys, enough to trade into the late 20's early 30's for him if all things pan out how Gold Coast expect them to

Will Day sounds a stretch at 16
Looks like a lazy pick by Knightmare. It seems like he just saw that Will is Sam's cousin & barracks for the Suns, so he'll do. I reckon it is only about a 50% chance we'll even use that pick 16. The hints from the club are that we'll be trying to trade for an earlier pick. We might also get a later pick back & try for someone like Ryan Byrnes, as PMBangers has suggested.

Interesting trade for GWS to 4. Trading 6 and a future first rounder.

Really hoping Melbourne don't bid on Green.

It won't happen but I would try to trade 15, 20, pick 11 next year and something else for 3 this year and bid on Green at 1. If GWS don't match, take Rowell and Anderson at 2 and 3, would be our 10 year midfield right there. It defiantly won't happen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't happen but I would try to trade 15, 20, pick 11 next year and something else for 3 this year and bid on Green at 1. If GWS don't match, take Rowell and Anderson at 2 and 3, would be our 10 year midfield right there. It defiantly won't happen though.
Yeah I wish that would be perfect

We could offer next year round one pick (likely pick 1-4) plus e.g. pick 20 (or even 15) if we really want Green or Jackson, Young, etc.

Looks like a lazy pick by Knightmare. It seems like he just saw that Will is Sam's cousin & barracks for the Suns, so he'll do. I reckon it is only about a 50% chance we'll even use that pick 16. The hints from the club are that we'll be trying to trade for an earlier pick. We might also get a later pick back & try for someone like Ryan Byrnes, as PMBangers has suggested.
I’d seriously look at taking him if he is there at 16 or 20. He is could be the outside mid we are desperately lacking with his skills and pace. Not a lazy pick in my mind.
I’d rather us skip Bianco as I don’t think he has enough weapons at his height to make the grade. Not a contested ball winner and not very damaging in my opinion. Good kick but he isn’t going to break games open with his kicking which is what we need

Admire is not the word I’d use. Envy possibly. Plus why do other clubs always seem to bend to their will? Everyone knows what they’re up to, but continue to cough up.
Because it's always a great deal for the other club too. The reason why GWS are so good at this is because of leverage, that being seemingly always having great academy players and being able to take advantage of their 25% off discounts. We have had only one top end academy guy, Bowes, they are going to end up with a whole team of them.

Because it's always a great deal for the other club too. The reason why GWS are so good at this is because of leverage, that being seemingly always having great academy players and being able to take advantage of their 25% off discounts. We have had only one top end academy guy, Bowes, they are going to end up with a whole team of them.
Queensland’s remaining draft hopes inc one sun

Attachments

• C1CC1698-231D-4B42-85CA-949B6BA1BE0A.jpeg
    C1CC1698-231D-4B42-85CA-949B6BA1BE0A.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 130
True. Looks like they’re finally going to run into a big points deficit next year though.... until they trade out a couple of excess stars for multiple early picks :huh:

Love seeing all the Suns haters coming out again every 2nd day.

"Cos there's no one left worth poaching"

Yeah good call mate, sure you would happily take 10 of our players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back