List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't a big fan when we first picked up Holman but his ferocious tackling and ability to consistently kick goals changed my mind very quickly considering we struggle to kick a decent score, was a great DFA pick up.
The only time Nick Holman plays NEAFL is coming back from injury
I'm sure he's a player that other Club's supporters don't understand, but believe me, we do

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you will find that Dawson and Heron are Cat B and Fletcher and Riordan are Cat A.

Besides that I tend to agree with everything you have said
Agree. I assume they could be swapped. The only difference is that player has to be on cat A list to play AFL? Dawson was moved to cat A probably.

Senior list at the moment (minus Martin, plus Holman) 39, 1 spot available

If drafting 6 players at the moment (Rowell, Anderson, picks 15, 20, Budarick, Rosas) we need 5 more spots on the senior list

Rookies cat A - 10 spots
Players under contract moved from the senior list - Crossley, Young, Schoenfeld, C. Ellis, GHS
Wigg, Dawson, Heron
still 2 spots available

Rookies cat B - 3 spots
Towey, Fletcher, Riordan

Int Scholarship
Ace (can play only NEAFL)

So if we don't delist anymore players we still should have 2 spots available on rookie cat A list.

If we do get top 10 pick for 15 + 20 we then have 3 spots available (moving one less player from senior list).
If we delist Wigg, Fletcher, Dawson, Heron we would have up to 6-7 spots available.

My guess is there will be no more delisting and we get 2 extra academy kids on top of Budarick and Rosas.

Possibly we could still delist 1-2 players (Wigg, Fletcher) and get 1-2 delisted mature players from other clubs or more academy kids.
So to move players from the senior to rookie list we have to delist them and then re-rookie is that correct?
Does that mean we have to pay out whatever may be remaining of their contract and then pay them a rookie wage?

So to move players from the senior to rookie list we have to delist them and then re-rookie is that correct?
Does that mean we have to pay out whatever may be remaining of their contract and then pay them a rookie wage?
Yes to delist and re-draft but I believe they keep their salaries.

Well the only comparison i can think of to compare Holman to Townsend is the level they played at , Townsend has proven he can play at AFL level in a finals series when required and i dare say if Lynch was not at the club he could have been selected again to play this year as the 2nd tall defensive player that 'Hurts' the opposition backmen.

Holman played Neafl but Townsend wins the JJ liston at VFL which is a much better level
How tall is Townsend?

I believe rookies salaries are outside salary cap except match payments but I could be wrong.
In that case, whats stopping us from moving some of our bigger salaries on to the rookie list.
Paying them outside the salary cap. etc..

In that case, whats stopping us from moving some of our bigger salaries on to the rookie list.
Paying them outside the salary cap. etc..
I don't think players are too excited to be moved from senior list onto rookie list. The last stage before good bye.

I don't think players are too excited to be moved from senior list onto rookie list. The last stage before good bye.
The way its currently used - yeah.
Seems like it could be exploited though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think come 2021 you'll have a more talented crop of youngsters then you started with when entering the comp. Ainsworth, Bowes, Ballard, Lukosius, Rankine, King, Rowell and Anderson is a great start plus picks 15 and 20 this year, your 1st rounder plus pick 11 next year and you'll get to pre list Alex Davies and Joel Jeffrey before next years draft and they'll likely be rated as 1st round talents.

Speaking of Davies and Jeffrey, you guys must be excited about adding those two next season? I've seen Davies play and he looks like a top 10 pick next year to me. I've only seen highlights of Jeffrey from the NTFL as a 16 year old but those highlights were super impressive. He's extremely talented, tall, fast and skilful. I'm excited to see how the Suns young list develops over the next few years. Many in the media have said Dew has the toughest job in football but I think he'll quietly be absolutely stoked with all the young talent currently at his disposal and incoming next year.

I think come 2021 you'll have a more talented crop of youngsters then you started with when entering the comp. Ainsworth, Bowes, Ballard, Lukosius, Rankine, King, Rowell and Anderson is a great start plus picks 15 and 20 this year, your 1st rounder plus pick 11 next year and you'll get to pre list Alex Davies and Joel Jeffrey before next years draft and they'll likely be rated as 1st round talents.

Speaking of Davies and Jeffrey, you guys must be excited about adding those two next season? I've seen Davies play and he looks like a top 10 pick next year to me. I've only seen highlights of Jeffrey from the NTFL as a 16 year old but those highlights were super impressive. He's extremely talented, tall, fast and skilful. I'm excited to see how the Suns young list develops over the next few years. Many in the media have said Dew has the toughest job in football but I think he'll quietly be absolutely stoked with all the young talent currently at his disposal and incoming next year.
Yes, I am certainly getting excited.
Lot of hard work to be done for sure but those talented youngsters now paired with a senior group of high quality, max effort guys in the primes of their career over the next 3 years, which we've never really had - I really hope we can see just reward for some of the long time servants of our club.

Swallow 27 > 30
Witts 27 > 30
Sexton 26 > 29
Brandon Ellis 26 > 29
Greenwood 27 > 30
Miller 23 > 26
Weller 23 > 26
Hombsch 26 > 29
Thompson 28 > 31
Collins 25 > 28
Lemmens 25 > 28
Holman 24 > 27

Possible retired mentors
Harbrow 31 > 34
Hanley 31 > 34

To Compare - in 2011 we had - probably 6 AFL level players (Ablett, Richa, Bock, Brown, Brennan, Krakouer), a few guys who were just about done (Fraser and Harris) and a couple who were having a second crack at a career (Stanley, Iles)

Ablett - 27
Michael Rischitelli - 25
Bock - 28
Campbell Brown - 28
Jared Brennan - 27
Nathan Krakouer - 23
Daniel Harris- 29
Danny Stanley - 23
Sam Iles - 23
Josh Fraser - 29
Jared Harbrow - 22

Last edited:
If his attitude and leadership is so good you would think he would show up to testing in better shape?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you know whether that's his natural weight or not? Maybe his body fat % isn't that much and he's just a ball of muscle.

Skinny flankers that take 5 years to put on any weight seem to be our preference anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back