(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Scott Lycett had a knee collision in the opening term against the Crows, but was able to play out the rest of the game.

Tobin Cox suffered a lacerated kidney during a contest in Port Adelaide’s 77-point win against West Adelaide in SANFL on Sunday, and will be sidelined in the short term.

Riley Grundy suffered a broken finger against the Bloods, and will be assessed at training this week ahead of the SANFL Showdown on Saturday.

AFL injury list:
Travis Boak - back (assess)
Riley Grundy - finger (assess)
Jack Trengove - leg (2-3 weeks)
Tobin Cox - kidney (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL injury list:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (2 weeks)

No mention of Pudney being sick.

SureBuddy14

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

Scott Lycett had a knee collision in the opening term against the Crows, but was able to play out the rest of the game.

Tobin Cox suffered a lacerated kidney during a contest in Port Adelaide’s 77-point win against West Adelaide in SANFL on Sunday, and will be sidelined in the short term.

Riley Grundy suffered a broken finger against the Bloods, and will be assessed at training this week ahead of the SANFL Showdown on Saturday.

AFL injury list:
Travis Boak - back (assess)
Riley Grundy - finger (assess)
Jack Trengove - leg (2-3 weeks)
Tobin Cox - kidney (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL injury list:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (2 weeks)

No mention of Pudney being sick.
What an absolutely sexy injury list at round 16 of the season. Excluding Boak who will be fine to play this week, we have our full best 22, even our best 30 players available. Watts the only one and he fits somewhere between 20-30. That is so rare, we need to make the most of this. I can’t remember the last time we had depth like we do right now.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What an absolutely sexy injury list at round 16 of the season. Excluding Boak who will be fine to play this week, we have our full best 22, even our best 30 players available. Watts the only one and he fits somewhere between 20-30. That is so rare, we need to make the most of this. I can’t remember the last time we had depth like we do right now.
Hmm I am hoping Lycett pulls up good...

Butters Made Me Do It

secretly Portia, ssh
Mar 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Social Club
So from last week it's likely Kai and Boak back, Grundy and Cox out.

If that holds theres an opening for Jackson Mead this weekend! We would be stupid not to select and start fast tracking him
Uh

Ideally we want him to look shit and come good after he’s on our list

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
CWS, OakR, SAS, Ducks
We had a better injury list late in 2017, when we basically entered the finals at full strength (we had a list of 45 and at least 1 player player SANFL reserves, this year we have 47 And no one has missed out yet). Pretty sure in 2014 we were also in a better spot by the time we hit the finals. Our injury list is certainly good, but with 2 long termers + others, it's not perfect.

It could well be that the truth is we end up with Lycett, Houston, Boak, Patmore, Watts, Cox, Grundy, all out this week. So will have to wait and see because we do tend to play those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
CWS, OakR, SAS, Ducks
Uh

Ideally we want him to look s**t and come good after he’s on our list
Yeah that's a fair point. I'd say he's slipping to the 20s anyway, and we'll trade away all our picks after our first for deep 3rd/4th round picks anyway, so I think we'll be fine. The only thing we really don't want is for him to be bid on before our first pick. After that it won't really matter.

Ultimately though we just want him to be the best he can be, for me that should start this week.

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
Sep 9, 2007
Portland, Oregon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
Watts is easily in our best 22. His kicking out of the backlines is better than Burton's.

Kiss from a Rozee

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely Watts can’t be too far away given he was doing exercises at training a couple of weeks ago at least?

I really, really hope it goes smoothly and he comes back playing like he was in round one and two.

snozulu

Sack Ken Sack koch Sack Keith Sack the Board
Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

At training on Tuesday morning he was sporting a huge brace on the knee and was limited to handball drills.

"We won't be taking any risks with him," Fagan said.

"If he's not right, he'll have a rest.

"We're pretty sure whatever the outcome is, if he is out, he won't be out too long."

IT'S ROAR v POWER Full preview of Port Adelaide v Brisbane

Hipwood was arguably the game-winner when Brisbane over-ran Port in its 17-point round three win, kicking a career-high six goals, including five in the first half.

Capital Power

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
The quicker he get him in for surgery, the quicker he can get back to his true love of water skiing.
If we were a professional organisation and all accepted the same level of responsibility to maintain standards, this wouldn't be an issue.

Instead we have one of our no-captains derailing our season before it even starts, and the other publicly defending him. Time for some tough decisions all round.

Top Bottom