Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we add as rumoured, Papley and Martin.

SPS Jones Plowman
Marchbank Weitering Docherty
Walsh Cripps Setterfield
Cuningham Curnow Martin
Papley McKay McGovern

Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

Silvagni Dow Stocker Fisher
I would swap Newman with Fisher, otherwise spot on IMO.

If Martin, Papley and Betts, or even two of them, are added, Fisher is really gonna have to lift to cement his role. Will be a good thing for the kid to have pressure to keep his spot next year
I would swap Newman with Fisher, otherwise spot on IMO.
IMO fisher has shown the most out of all our young midfielders apart from walsh. He's a ground ball beast. The only reason he's not having the impact is his frame. The kid almost needs to do nothing else this pre season but eat and weight train. We wasted him him the second half of the year as a forward but hopefully we acquire the small forwards we need to develop him as a full time midfielder next year.

IMO fisher has shown the most out of all our young midfielders apart from walsh. He's a ground ball beast. The only reason he's not having the impact is his frame. The kid almost needs to do nothing else this pre season but eat and weight train. We wasted him him the second half of the year as a forward but hopefully we acquire the small forwards we need to develop him as a full time midfielder next year.

That's what I see with Fisher, also........he was.....a fish out of water.

Have to get him close to the action for him to utilise those sticky fingers and lightning reflexes. He's not a forward.
Don't mind him mixing it up a little as a mid and wings. Hard to say exactly what the best mix will be though, given some of the talent we have at hand.

Someone will miss eventually, but I don't think it will be Fisher.

The wildcard on our list is Tom Williamson.

His run and carry will be critical.

I really hope he's up and running for the start of preseason.
The word is from his old mans best mate, is that he could have potentially played toward the end of season but they are trying to fix his issues for good.
Agreed. He could be the X factor

The wildcard on our list is Tom Williamson.

His run and carry will be critical.

I really hope he's up and running for the start of preseason.
don't care if you compliment his skills at chopping onions, if it's a tw positive I'm for it............

If Martin, Papley and Betts, or even two of them, are added, Fisher is really gonna have to lift to cement his role. Will be a good thing for the kid to have pressure to keep his spot next year

If these guys get added, then the kids will be allowed to develop and not be flogged, playing mostly in their normal roles - rotating via the midfield. All good!

If we add as rumoured, Papley and Martin.

SPS Jones Plowman
Marchbank Weitering Docherty
Walsh Cripps Setterfield
Cuningham Curnow Martin
Papley McKay McGovern

Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

Silvagni Dow Stocker Fisher

Wasting SpS talents in the BP. Needs to be moved up the midfield rotations and he becomes the Simpson replacement off the wing.

Is it possible we took on too many young mids via the National Draft and trade, too soon?

2016 - SPS, Fisher (First 2 picks in the draft)
2017 - Dow, O'Brien (First 2 picks in the draft) and Kennedy
2018 - Walsh, Stocker (First 2 picks in the draft) and Setterfield.

Before the first bounce of the ball come 2020, the oldest player here will be 22 years of age.
That makes for one very young midfield and it will hold us in good stead in the long run, but have we overdone it?

I'm not unhappy with what we did and understand that it's more likely than not, that all may not make it...or at least not make it at our club.

^^^could be mis-guided direction, especially if we follow through on Agresta’s comments that we’re looking at more midfielders this coming off-season.

Then again, having too many midfielders is not that bad a thing, as long as they get to play that position and can be developed. The issue will be if they can’t replace the elders when it’s time to step up.

The Kennedy trade is looking bad however, especially as he showed more as a forward (same as at GWS?) than a midfielder, and was the one that was supposed to carry the inside work alongside Crippa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with the list was our best midfielders in the VFL were not Carlton players, they were Fisher, Anderson, Wilson and O’Rourke. I look forward to the day we have a strong AFL midfield and a strong VFL midfield, which we should have in a couple of seasons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should S.Fisher & F.Anderson be on our main list..?
One in lieu of Deluca or supplementary with a 2nd pick in the mid-season draft (LTI i.e. Doc)?

Wasting SpS talents in the BP. Needs to be moved up the midfield rotations and he becomes the Simpson replacement off the wing.

SPS would not simply be stuffed down in the BP like the 70’s.
He would be deployed in defence as a weapon.
Bringing the ball out of the backline with poise and procision is a real skill, it’s been to long since we’ve had this type of player to initiate our attacks from defence and SPS as a rare dual sided player showed this season he looks the goods in the role.

Bringing the ball out of the backline with poise and procision is a real skill, it’s been to long since we’ve had this type of player to initiate our attacks from defence and SPS as a rare dual sided player showed this season he looks the goods in the role.

Sans Andy Carrazzo (maybe more A. Whitehead)

Anyone happen to know the name of the kid playing for Port Melbourne on the weekend with the buzzcut? Seemed like a handy small defender with some mongrel. Potential rookie spot?

Was a necessity more than a new role, still think he is a midfielder changing forward

^^^could be mis-guided direction, especially if we follow through on Agresta’s comments that we’re looking at more midfielders this coming off-season.

Then again, having too many midfielders is not that bad a thing, as long as they get to play that position and can be developed. The issue will be if they can’t replace the elders when it’s time to step up.

The Kennedy trade is looking bad however, especially as he showed more as a forward (same as at GWS?) than a midfielder, and was the one that was supposed to carry the inside work alongside Crippa.

He has always been a half forward who can pinch hit through the midfield. That's was his role at GWS and it will be his role with us I would suggest.

He has always been a half forward who can pinch hit through the midfield. That's was his role at GWS and it will be his role with us I would suggest.

Was not his intended purpose when traded for - definite priority midfield assistance for PC as his primary role. It was also said he would be escaping the logjam at GWS with their midfield brigade for an increased midfielder position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back