Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this ain't no banter thread, this ain't no disco - that's a crazy sized bet, tg - about 400 bucks worth? think you'll win though and expect you to purchase a carlton membership with your winnings..........
I already get a Carlton membership every year thanks to my mate and i get him a tigers one.

Im pretty confident you guys will be better than the saints in 2020 with 2 free agents (hopefully Kelly/Coniglio types)
first time since early 2000 i feel this confident with what the blues are starting to do , even though i think you guys need alot to go right and a cleanout at the end of the year of about 7-8 players. you guys should be ok in 2 years

Markov has just been signed to a 2 year deal but George & Brando will be out of contract

Apparently we had our fingers in the pie leading up to Markov re-signing.

Talk of Ellis this year too (unless sussing out future plans) & Castagna was last year but an early mention of our interest. Much prefer Butler.

Liam Baker is the player carlton should be trying to move, Rookie list but the kid can play

What the * are you even doing on this board peddling small forwards that don't even make you best 22?? Rookie list??? FFS ……

What the **** are you even doing on this board peddling small forwards that don't even make you best 22?? Rookie list??? FFS ……
Ahhh Metalcrusher , I have been around these parts and peddling players before you even heard about bigfooty (probably will be after your long gone and following soccer) ;)

Might be an idea to read why these players got mentioned

Ahhh Metalcrusher , I have been around these parts and peddling players before you even heard about bigfooty (probably will be after your long gone and following soccer) ;)

Might be an idea to read why these players got mentioned

I shall sleep much better knowing this ….

Not interested in anything remotely from tiger land. They don’t have depth as some suggest or talent. They just got lucky with the choke of the century. Magpies showed them up this year to prove my point.

Not interested in anything remotely from tiger land. They don’t have depth as some suggest or talent. They just got lucky with the choke of the century. Magpies showed them up this year to prove my point.
Gotta get to the grand final. They certainly weren’t just lucky. Not one of your best calls.

Brilliant injury management and key pillars that have been set and playing together for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Tucker comes out of contract at the end of 2019.

With the likes of Blakely, Langdon, Wilson and Conca, I'm hoping he gets pushed out of the senior side and we make a play to get him.

Tigers had one of the best finial campaigns I've seen in a while.

I think he’s a forward but it could be some teaching putting him back.

Quick craft learnings of a defender? Who was he lining up on during the open training do you remember?

He has to get the strong mitts out as a lead up forward (with accurate goal kicking) to make it, doesn’t he..?

Quick craft learnings of a defender? Who was he lining up on during the open training do you remember?

He has to get the strong mitts out as a lead up forward (with accurate goal kicking) to make it, doesn’t he..?

Heard he was playing on Phillips and Phillips won the day, by what measure Im unsure. I wasnt there but I asked in the training thread and that was the reonse. Sorry to whoever gave this info but I just cant remember. I wanna say Bluella, but Im not confident enough to tag :straining:

Heard he was playing on Phillips and Phillips won the day, by what measure Im unsure. I wasnt there but I asked in the training thread and that was the reonse. Sorry to whoever gave this info but I just cant remember. I wanna say Bluella, but Im not confident enough to tag :straining:

Reckon’ you may be right off that, rings a bell now. Flip & Kerr’s new hair do..

Just out of curiosity would there be any interest in Brandon Ellis as a free agent end of 2019
25 year old
181cm
82kgs
153 games

Strictly outside player looking like being replaced with other options after / during the 2019 season and dont think it would be difficult to move if the right club comes calling.
i'd certainly be hoping carlton has a go at getting him, lock for our starting 18 any day of the week.

With the likes of Blakely, Langdon, Wilson and Conca, I'm hoping he gets pushed out of the senior side and we make a play to get him.

I can't what what he'll add to our list. Seems very similar to Cuningham. Can you tell me more about him.

Would be a good get, reasonably well rounded, can play a number of positions and has solid leadership skills.

wfxVzAI.gif

After watching training and having a good look at our list it's now in an incredible position. When you go through and see where it was only 3 years ago the difference is stark. I have real trouble doing a Best 22 now and actually don't care who is in it.

Pick a Defence from: Weitering Macreadie Docherty Williamson Simpson Jones Silvagni x 2 Garlett Cuningham Newman Marchbank Plowman Goddard Schumacher Thomas

Pick a Midfield from: Cripps Murphy Curnow Kennedy SPS Dow LOB Pickett Setterfield Cuningham Fisher Walsh Stocker Lang Simpson

Pick a Forward Line from: Casboult TDK Charlie McKay McGovern Silvagni Fasolo LeBois Polson Kerr Murphy Thomas O'Dwyer Bugg Owies Cuningham

A Ruck from: Kruezer Lobbe Phillips Casboult TDK

If we can't build a great side from this I will be amazed. In 2019 it starts to all come together on field. And we will still add a few more! ;)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
After watching training and having a good look at our list it's now in an incredible position. When you go through and see where it was only 3 years ago the difference is stark. I have real trouble doing a Best 22 now and actually don't care who is in it.

Pick a Defence from: Weitering Macreadie Docherty Williamson Simpson Jones Silvagni x 2 Garlett Cuningham Newman Marchbank Plowman Goddard Schumacher Thomas

Pick a Midfield from: Cripps Murphy Curnow Kennedy SPS Dow LOB Pickett Setterfield Cuningham Fisher Walsh Stocker Lang Simpson

Pick a Forward Line from: Casboult TDK Charlie McKay McGovern Silvagni Fasolo LeBois Polson Kerr Murphy Thomas O'Dwyer Bugg Owies Cuningham

A Ruck from: Kruezer Lobbe Phillips Casboult TDK

If we can't build a great side from this I will be amazed. In 2019 it starts to all come together on field. And we will still add a few more! ;)

Enjoy!

Soapy, do you see Cuningham as a bit of a utility for us down the track? I see you have him listed on each line here.

Needs to cement a position first but awesome if one day be could be used on each line as required: linking up and setting up play off HB, tag or one day find his own ball in the middle or playing as a defensive fwd or off a hff?

I keep mentioning him as I really like the kid and just hope he gets an injury free run at it next year. Has things to work on but also the potential to be best 22 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back