Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I've always liked about Matt Kennedy is the work he puts in when he doesn't have the ball. Here's a sample over 0.5 seconds.

View attachment 599506

View attachment 599507

View attachment 599508

View attachment 599509

View attachment 599510
All photos by Yours Truly.

Looks lean doesn't he??? Lets hope he can have an uninterrupted preseason and have a cracking year.
holy cow, tsg, you've brought a whole new aspect to track watching - brilliant work - also, ead getty.....

I dont rate him at all and dont know why they extended his contract. Not fit enough, doesnt get enough of the ball, doesnt kick goals and doesnt apply pressure and tackle. It really surprised me! I cant see him making it
This is probably where I'm at too.
This year make or break for LeBois, hope it,s make but in fairness to him Simmo has done that to a lot of players, and Jones was impeding him.
Reckon you're being pretty generous with Jones impeding him Rob and Simmo is nearly twice his age and has two lots of long service leave owing.
Fair points TSG.

The only thing I will add is he only just joined in full training after hamstring issues. Played a half and then came off and did running.

Great kid and has some talent but like a few others he needs to get fit, have a good run with injury and start showing his worth.
I know exactly what he did my friend. I was there.
Is Rioli out of contract at end of season at richmond ?
Would love to land him or Gresham/Billings using adelaide's 2019 pick as the guts of a trade.
One of the above blokes and Stocker for our 2019 pick sits ok with me ...
Please forget about Billings. Not the player I want to be tied up in a 5 year deal with on big money.

I don’t see it as a worry at all but he did have a big size advantage over his peers last year. I look at someone like SPP and if he could kick he would be a star. Being developed early isn’t really a worry unless you don’t have anymore strings to your bow

Mark Ricciuto went from being a man child to a man tank. Having a big frame can provide a nice point of difference.

Stocker just needs to get his running up to the required standard and there doesn’t seem to be a reason he won’t be able to achieve that over a couple of preseasons.

Mark Ricciuto went from being a man child to a man tank. Having a big frame can provide a nice point of difference.

Stocker just needs to get his running up to the required standard and there doesn’t seem to be a reason he won’t be able to achieve that over a couple of preseasons.

Its more a discussion point when drafting big framed KPP who are used to throwing their weight around in juniors and have a rude awakening at AFL level, Tom Hawkins is a prime example of this. Ready to go mids are a bit different i feel and have a higher sucess rate. Stocker will be fine.

Yep. I think it was Agresta who forcefully said to Bolts when we nabbed Stocker "He's tough". That was his selling point. Bolts was pleased.

Personally, i've got an open mind re Stocker. Had him about where he was picked. Certainly not anywhere near 6. But toughness is one of the things you need to see a fair few games to pick up. That's where the pro's come in.

But yeah, toughness. A distant CFC memory. But hopefully our future. It hurt when the likes of Lewis and Hodge would openly treat us with disdain. Rightly so on their behalf. We were a pushover. And we're not talkin' about 70's thuggishness, just modern toughness. It is still a thing. A real thing.

Need more mongrel and toughness ……

Its more a discussion point when drafting big framed KPP who are used to throwing their weight around in juniors and have a rude awakening at AFL level, Tom Hawkins is a prime example of this. Ready to go mids are a bit different i feel and have a higher sucess rate. Stocker will be fine.

Mids can improve in many ways. The most obvious being:

1. They put on muscle to be able to compete in 1 on 1 contests.
2. They develop their endurance to be able to get to more contests and spread from the contest.
3. They improve the quality of their disposal.

Stocker's biggest improvement will come from point 2.

The Smoking Gun do you do weddings? Just asking for a friend

Thy senses love on the horizon
Haha!!! That post deserves a far cheekier reply than what I'm prepared to put up here. My last risquè post went places I didn't foresee, nor intend, and I have no further wish to fuel the agendas of the keyboard warriors (lesson learned). I don't need the headaches and neither do our mods. Sorry mate.

The thing that stood out for me when discussing why they were so keen on Stocker in the draft video, was when Agresta went to Bolts something along the lines of "you dont understand the conditions down there, the wind was very strong" and SOS agreed. Showed they really rate his skills on both sides

I dont rate him at all and dont know why they extended his contract. Not fit enough, doesnt get enough of the ball, doesnt kick goals and doesnt apply pressure and tackle. It really surprised me! I cant see him making it
Yeah id like to disagree but I can’t all that you say is true only caveat would be his constant injury setbacks have effected his continuity and therefore his fitness base but definitely would have to show more this year or adios.

Was never ever ever on the SaCk T100 bandwagon, reckon he could equal if not better than Rance.
Rance at the same age was hopeless couldn’t hit a target for s**t and was a terrible decision maker, so Weiters is way ahead at the same stage.

When Amos was in control of the defence, Jones was used as the primary stopper. Just man on man. Hopefully he returns to this role as having him zone off really hurt us this year. Did some good things but some really bad things as well.

Leave the zoning to Weiters/March
I think Amos will be all over that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Baker is the small foward mate , He is the perfect fit for the blues imo and you guys would be mad not to sound him out
Why do you keep shopping Baker to us what’s the deal is there something wrong with him or is he your love child gotta be one or the other.

Why do you keep shopping Baker to us what’s the deal is there something wrong with him or is he your love child gotta be one or the other.
LOL you do realise that i have no way of influencing a trade for Baker to Carlton

I was asked about small fwds and suggested that he would be the one to get

Last edited:
When blasting away you don't always know what you've caught on camera until you get home and it's fair to say not everything you capture will always be pretty. This is one of those sets of photos, but nevertheless they do tell a story.

JP3.jpg

JP1.jpg

JP2.jpg

........however, before casting aspersions, it should be pointed out that you never really know the full story of what's going on unless you're inside the 4 walls.

Just to prove not everything always goes to plan here's the shot that is supposed to go between the last 2.

View attachment 599514

Don't ask me why the autofocus has jumped to the background and then in the next shot reverted back to the players. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, etc, they all do it. 9/10 will be spot on and then you'll get an annoying outlier like this one. Would've loved this one for the sequence, but hey, s**t happens. Work with what you've got not what you haven't. :)

Great camera work TSG

What camera and what lenses you use ?

When blasting away you don't always know what you've caught on camera until you get home and it's fair to say not everything you capture will always be pretty. This is one of those sets of photos, but nevertheless they do tell a story.

View attachment 599803

View attachment 599802

View attachment 599804

........however, before casting aspersions, it should be pointed out that you never really know the full story of what's going on unless you're inside the 4 walls.
Diplomacy doesn't become you

View attachment 599803

View attachment 599802

View attachment 599804

gee whiz, how slight is tdk? has a great frame though........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back