NRL 2019 NRL Grand Final: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Stuart's press conference will be very interesting. Canberra will need to part with 10k if he can't control his anger and I dare say Graham Annesley will get an angry phone call or two.

Probably made on the basis that he was still too far from the line that even without Cronk's intervention there was still reasonable doubt that he'd complete the play and score the try I'd assume.
Yeah was based on his distance from the try line

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and outdoor

Not a Roosters fan, and I still enjoyed it. If Canberra couldn't score but once in the preceding 70 minutes or so, I'm not sure they would have even with another set of 6, or even with another bomb (or whatever they would have done if they knew it was still the 5th).
They would have kicked a field goal.

Not a Roosters fan, and I still enjoyed it. If Canberra couldn't score but once in the preceding 70 minutes or so, I'm not sure they would have even with another set of 6, or even with another bomb (or whatever they would have done if they knew it was still the 5th).
Agree but roosters don't get the ball back where they did and complete change of momentum. Complete and utter stuff up that resulted in the winning try, no matter how you look at it

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Sometimes decisions go for, sometimes against you, the Raiders got a good run in the first final v Melbourne, tonight they go the other way.....swings and roundabouts. The decision did not mean Canberra had to miss tackles in the lead up to the try, nor did it impact Leilua not passing to his winger....more that one reason for the loss. Given the Raiders only scored 1 try all game, and against 12 for 10 mins, no guarantee they would of done anything with the extra set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the sportsmanship and respect from players from both teams post match. Roosters players spending fair amounts of time with some pretty devastated Raiders players. Good to see.

T
Agree but roosters don't get the ball back where they did and complete change of momentum. Complete and utter stuff up that resulted in the winning try, no matter how you look at it

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Maybe the 2nd kick is charged down and they run the length of the field for a try. Or a grubber goes long and they get a 20m tap. Noone knows.

Riiight... it was the 5th tackle already, and noone was in the position to do that.
Either they kick it in goal and force a kick out where they will soon get a shot or they go for it in broken play on the last. Nothing certain but definitely a good chance.

Riiight... it was the 5th tackle already, and noone was in the position to do that.

I can't speak for others, but what's resonating with me in my disgust is that exact moment where we've seen Cummins call 6 again, we've seen a couple of sloppy offloads from Raiders (I think Soliola was one of them?)... and the relief when Wighton just took the tackle, despite having a massive gap in the line to put in a kick if he'd known it was the last tackle. I can see it in my mind as clearly now as I did when it happened.

The moment of hearing/seeing the ref call "changeover" is what's making me want to just ******* murder someone right now.

Maybe I'm hyper emotional as a Raiders fan who sees them as my down-trodden team, who are routinely f’ed by the establishment.

Maybe I have a short memory.

But for all the inflammatory bulls**t you see on this forum about refs/umpires across different codes... I can't think of a single big match in Australian sport that was so clearly decided by a refereeing debacle. By the referee himself.

This is a ******* outrage, our fans should be burning the stadium down.

Sucks mate feel for ya! Raiders fans should go riort through Sydney tonight!!

This is Socceroos vs Iran 1997 levels of sadness and shellshock.

Even then, it was some random w***er who f’ed us though, not the match officials.

well... Iran's first goal was score in an offside position in that game. did you have to bring that match up again? now i'm filled with range just thinking back on it.

I can't speak for others, but what's resonating with me in my disgust is that exact moment where we've seen Cummins call 6 again, we've seen a couple of sloppy offloads from Raiders (I think Soliola was one of them?)... and the relief when Wighton just took the tackle, despite having a massive gap in the line to put in a kick if he'd known it was the last tackle. I can see it in my mind as clearly now as I did when it happened.

The moment of hearing/seeing the ref call "changeover" is what's making me want to just ******* murder someone right now.

I'm sure Roosters supporters were pretty annoyed when they first heard the changeover call too. Considering it seemed to bounce off a Raiders head. I guess you wouldn't have been complaining had you scored on the next set...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back