News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camporeale on FiveAA just said they believe we're better than we're playing, and that the results show.

Deluded dickhead.
Pyke says the same ... for this reason alone they should both be sacked .
Beaten 2 top 8 teams , strangling the life out of GWS at home ( good win ) plus a purple patch against the Tigers seconds got us a W .
Lucky as f..kery to scrape home over the Demons , almost give up an 8 goal lead against the Power in no time , drowned out Freo 51-34 at home .
Shall we go on ... we have had a very nice draw and we are IMO a 12-14 team that is the oldest and slowest in the league .
Wake up you muppets !!

Camporeale on FiveAA just said they believe we're better than we're playing, and that the results show.

Deluded dickhead.
That's good, I like that. Might pull that out in cricket season when the captain tells me I'm not scoring enough runs and see how it goes.

Our performance in the media is horrendous.

Shuttleworth needs to be part of the cull.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I completely agree with you.

Our interviewees are s**t house, leave Hart and Campo out. But our messaging has been even worse.

Next year, 2 people. Godden and Pyke. That's it.

I'm sorry, I don't buy the "Adelaide the city" stuff. It's Adelaide the club.

You don't get soccer people saying "yeah nah I'm not gonna work at Liverpool or Dortmund, what third rate cities".

Build the culture and pay the money and you'll attract the best. That's what we struggle with.

I don’t really have a problem with what Jenkins is saying. The reality is, whether he wants to stay or not, he has a contract for 2 more years and this industry tends to frown on those who come out and say “I want to leave”, especially mid season. The landscape may be changing in this space, but that’s how it’s always been.

The simple reality is that what people say in the media and what is actually happening behind the scenes is the often very different. Last year McGoverns manager came out and flat out denied McGovern wanted out, no ifs ands or buts. Then the second the season is over “I want out”. Dangerfield waffle’d on about “I haven’t even thought of it” all season...

If Jenkins came out tomorrow and said “I want out”, there’d be just as many accusing him of being disrespectful and ungrateful.

Reality is he’s contracted for 2 more years, if we want to keep him we can. If he wants to out, he needs to be diplomatic and I suspect the best way to do this is toe the party line of “I’m contracted and intent on honouring that contract”, even if it’s not true. News flash, players, coaches, managers, admin staff etc in the football world lie all the time. We like to think they’re truthful, but they’re not.

Jenkins now has a profile to maintain especially as he is beginning his media career. He wants to play AFL not SANFL. If club told him that he is finished at AFL level and will be played in SANFL for next 2 years he would probably jump ship to a club that is likely to play him at AFL level in order to maintain his profile as he is likely to be quickly forgotten as an SANFL player. Call his bluff....

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good, I like that. Might pull that out in cricket season when the captain tells me I'm not scoring enough runs and see how it goes.

Easy mate - just tell him you're seeing them well in the nets ;)

Pyke says the same ... for this reason alone they should both be sacked .
Beaten 2 top 8 teams , strangling the life out of GWS at home ( good win ) plus a purple patch against the Tigers seconds got us a W .
Lucky as f..kery to scrape home over the Demons , almost give up an 8 goal lead against the Power in no time , drowned out Freo 51-34 at home .
Shall we go on ... we have had a very nice draw and we are IMO a 12-14 team that is the oldest and slowest in the league .
Wake up you muppets !!

The sheer delusion and refusal to accept reality is unbelievable.

Clearly siege mode and a complete echo chamber down there - all of the incompetent *heads are supporting and encouraging each other.

I'm a Psychologist. I've done this sh1t in Banks, Insurance companies, Government and utilities in the last ten years. I worked for one of the Big 4 and saw first hand how the message was "pulled" because the partner did not want to embarrass the client. Lots of places are dysfunctional. Lots of work for a corporate counsellor.

What are the chances that the KPMG partner in Adelaide who Chappy calls in will deliver both barrels to a guy who gives him work? The real message - if they pass it on - is delivered behind so many layers of nuance that it is easily lost.

And why would the AFC want their auditor to do this job anyway? You get 5% of a partner and whoever happens to be on the bench when the review happens. And most of them will be grunts with less than 5 years experience.

Get a decent boutique firm in to do it - someone like IMG would happily help us get a decent advisor who won't wilt if they think that Chappy is going to get upset. The meaty stuff will never be made public anyway.

To be honest, why would Chappy care now? He’s going to be gone in approx 12 months if not sooner. He has said it himself

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just saw a center bounce set up versus the pies from the defensive goals and f..k me our line coaches suck ass .
We were ALL back shoulder in defense against a quick small forward line plus we had no pressure or any chance to apply from the ball up as we all went offensive side . Every part of that is wrong . WTF

Just saw a center bounce set up versus the pies from the defensive goals and f..k me our line coaches suck ass .
We were ALL back shoulder in defense against a quick small forward line plus we had no pressure or any chance to apply from the ball up as we all went offensive side . Every part of that is wrong . WTF
And yet the SANFL Crows get told to be side by side at worst. Doesn't help that our midfield stand flat footed at the contest

Myself personally I never work in Banks and Insurance, So I would not know, I dealt with restructuring in both Private and Public Manufacturing large and small business both home and overseas, and even a few governments
but as a Psychologist, you would understand how reputations are important in your line of work more so if you want to future work in that industry. You should also understand that confidential reports handed to the companies, then become theirs and that they are responsible for how they implement and report the findings to their shareholders or members in our case.

Whoever does the review and more if they are one of the big 4 they will be thorough and not influence by Chapman or the Crows. the Crows are too well know for them to cheat on the process.

Also for info Rob Dalton a Richmond director/board member from 2004 to 2018 at the time was a Senior Audit Partner at Ernst & Young Chartered Accountants,
So based on some view on BF they should not have been involved with the Review. look how that turned out.
Big organisations order and PAY for any review
They own the results and can do whatever they like with them

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Rozee was probably out of reach. Although a shame we weren't able to trade down as Port did.

Luko certainly was out of reach. GC were never giving picks 1 and 2 up. I have a feeling we (or Port) will end up with Rankine quite cheap a la Troy Menzel, once the rigours of AFL training take their toll on his body and mindset.

I do wonder if there is any truth in the murmurings of us getting Luko this year with GC reloading (again) with their first pick, PP and our Carlton pick.

But I am dirty we didnt get Hately. He is a good size and the kind of guy you build a future midfield around. Should have been him instead of Jones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jones was a strong chance to have been available at crows’ 2nd pick too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep - If Chappy has the best interests of the AFC at heart, his brief to the Consultant should be "Tell us what has gone wrong and tell us what we need to change to be the best."

Anything more than that and he is influencing the review.

Give them open slather to work with the Board, Commercial teams, Football Dept, List Management. Maybe stay out of who we recruit and how they are coached but def look into communication and organisation amongst the coaches, coaches engagement with List Management and if the playing group reckon they are developed, kept informed, engaged.

The IP that comes from that rightly should be kept confidential so we won't hear much about it apart from headlines and platitudes.
That'd great. I thought the review was only going to cover the football department though?

Jones was a strong chance to have been available at crows’ 2nd pick too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No chance, the Cats had big interest in Chayce Jones backed up by Twomey in his final Phantom as did GWS.

Our performance in the media is horrendous.

Shuttleworth needs to be part of the cull.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Part of it is from Fagan's instruction. Keep 'em in the dark and feed them s**t, control the message and get people to only believe what comes through our channels and not anyone/anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back