List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d do pick 3 for treloar

Draft Campbell and gulden

Play McLean and Sinclair in the ruck with both alternating as key forwards

Disagree about Treloar. Would be useful for many clubs but isn't useful for where the Swans will be in 2021. Also pick 3 is wildly overvaluing Treloar considering Collingwood are desperate to get rid of him.

With the dispute on when our 'rebuild' started, I guess it depends on whether you think we need to finish outside of the 8 to officially be on a list rebuild. I tend to think along the lines of when we were / are bringing in players that we can see as part of our next flag push (and we're only going to know the outcome of that in hindsight). But, even forgetting that while we were still making finals, we were up there in putting the most debutants on the field (pretty sure we even led Brisbane for a while)...and ignoring that Heeney, Papley, Mills, Dawson, Melican, others came slightly earlier...

2016 - Florent (11), Hayward (21) - I give these two some slack. Florent might have had a more difficult year than most not being able to see family in Vic. Hayward coming off horrible injuries last year and being thrown around the ground. Even Fox from this year looks like he might be a dependable defender around in time for our next push.
2017 - Ling (14), McCartin (33). Whether Ling comes good is uncertain, but the potential and high-ish pick was there. The club were ecstatic when McCartin got through to our 2nd pick.
2018 - Blakey (10), Rowbottom (25), McInerney (44)
2019 - Stephens (5), Gould (26), Warner (39). It was pretty clear we rated Warner highly so I'm willing to wait before judgement. Gould similar, since he was highly rated and playing senior footy, probably slid a bit in the draft tbh.

Obviously it's not complete - for me, we need at least 1 more key forward or defender (with McCartin to play the opposite end), a serviceable ruck that can play the whole year and another inside mid (unless the club are supremely confident on Warner). We'll be able to satisfy at least 1 of those with pick 3, which we should definitely keep.

We should have gone after Darcy Fort over Hickey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips fills a real need though. He also has a slightly better history with injuries.
Agreed - Phillips better in short term. But i think Hollands can be the wild upside that only a few players possess.

Also see Paddlebum and Phillips as similar (when side by side with parker and Hewett) we need some extra speed, that Florent would have provided if he was the top tier talent we hoped for.

Who has been the most successful player that people can remember that suffered an ACL prior to being drafted? Also how high did said player get drafted that year?
Thanks

Who has been the most successful player that people can remember that suffered an ACL prior to being drafted? Also how high did said player get drafted that year?
Thanks
Not sure but I'd sell my body for Max King who I think had an ACL and went pick 7 or 8

I am still trying to reconcile Daniher getting a top 10 pick for his deal but the Cameron one falls to 11 or 12 or whatever.

Numbers make no sense.

When system like that appear arbitrary then they are useless.

Potential 900k for ZAC WILLIAMS

Wtfffggdfgdfdf

No way in the world am I paying that much for Zac Williams.

Think they overpaid to ensure they got support for Cripps to keep him happy and re-sign. If they fail to make finals again and Cripps leaves, Carlton are gonna be looking very silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back