Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point is Edwards is far far more physically developed than almost all the kids running around in the U18's...That's been the case with him right from the U16's.
You get more noticed when you play in the senior and go a lot higher than you are expected (Toumpas and Aish in recent time), perfect for him and the Crows for him not to play and push for senior in this very strange season....

Luke Edwards - disappointingly named in the Bays U18's again
Tariek Newchurch - named in the forward pocket for the Roosters
James Borlase - named in the Reserves for Sturt
Riley Thilthorpe - named at full forward for West in the State League
Zac Dumensy - named on the wing for the Panthers in the State League
Bailey Chamberlain - named on the ball for West in the U18's
Caleb Poulter - named in the gutz for WWt U18's
Henry Nelligan - on debut for the Redlegs in the State League
Jamison Murphy - named in the gutz for the Roodters in the U18's
Riley Holder - named for the Bays in the U18's
Corey Durdin - named on the HFF for Centrals in the State League
Nicholas Kraemer - named in ball for Panthers in the U18's
Any thoughts on Tom Powell? Seems to be a ball magnet.

You get more noticed when you play in the senior and go a lot higher than you are expected (Toumpas and Aish in recent time), perfect for him and the Crows for him not to play and push for senior in this very strange season....
Yeah, well I'd prefer to see him tested against better opposition before I get too carried away.

That he is but very lightly built and has been injury prone and to be honest I've not seen enough of him to pass an opinion at this point.
Have you seen much of Caleb Poulter? Just going by the stats he looks to be just as adept in the midfield as he is up forward, love goal kicking mids.

Have you seen much of Caleb Poulter? Just going by the stats he looks to be just as adept in the midfield as he is up forward, love goal kicking mids.
Only seem him twice or at least only noticed him the twice I've seen him play to my recollection, looks pretty handy on the limited viewing I've seen, nice size when he fills out too. It's a real pity it doesn't look like there will be a National Championships this year because ideally you like to see the best kids from all states/territories pitted against each other to get a better feel for their potential.

Would be a potential top 10 if he had more speed I think.

No idea on his endurance numbers but he might just be a touch slow if he is the kind of mid that needs to be rested forward at AFL level. Do like him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Thilthorpe number 1 because he is/could be the best player or because thats where our pick sits?
There was talk last year that we'd be 'hopeful' of a bottom 4 finish so he'd be gettable. He probably is top 4, but top 2 because that's where our pick/s are likely to be.

Trading down to 4 + another will guarantee we miss him though.

Is Thilthorpe number 1 because he is/could be the best player or because thats where our pick sits?
Bit of both.

With the Dogs having dibs on arguably the best player he's probably the next in line. Especially so given he's gonna play decent footy this year..... Most of the Vic kids have an uncertain year ahead.

Plus he's a local lad

Yeah I'd lean towards Thilthorpe, develop him from the get go. Grab one of Phillips/O'Driscoll/Hollands with pick 2 IF we get it for Brouch and we're golden

Would be chasing guys with a bit more upside than 2MP, he's already had six years in the league and hasn't set the world on fire. Go after the likes of CCJ/Hately instead

I guess it'll be interesting on a guy like Phillips. He's listed at 179cm, so it doesn't add any height to our short midfield. Finlay Macrae if he ends up like his brother could be a great early pick, Hollands has the height, but you'd want to be sure he projects as a full-time midfielder. Even someone like Sam Berry soudns like he has the attributes we need.

I do like the idea of grabbing Thilthorpe, has it's risks at pick #1 though, but if the old adage of "Bigs take longer" is true, then grabbing McAsey and Thilthorpe first and then developing the mids after might be the best move.

I guess it'll be interesting on a guy like Phillips. He's listed at 179cm, so it doesn't add any height to our short midfield. Finlay Macrae if he ends up like his brother could be a great early pick, Hollands has the height, but you'd want to be sure he projects as a full-time midfielder. Even someone like Sam Berry soudns like he has the attributes we need.

I do like the idea of grabbing Thilthorpe, has it's risks at pick #1 though, but if the old adage of "Bigs take longer" is true, then grabbing McAsey and Thilthorpe first and then developing the mids after might be the best move.
Phillips is a solid build and can see why he's been compared to rowell. I've been watching some of his games for oakleigh and I'd be stoked if we got him. I also love the look of hollands but am worried by the acl. Would be over the moon if we got Thilthorpe and one of those two. Fingers crossed O'Connor can turn into the bigger mid.

Anyone interested with the digital pass the U18's game between the Roosters and the Bays has just started featuring F/S Luke Edwards and future F/S Brodie Edwards for the Bays and Tariek Newchurch for the Roosters. Other players of interest in this match Jamison Murphy and Kallis Freer for the Roosters and Riley Holder, Luke Pedlar and Xavier Robbins for the Bays.

I have to head out for an hour or so so until I watch the replay any reports would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back