Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can threaten to match and force a trade, though, just like what happened with Dangerfield

Tend to agree with this, if the money we’re offering is similar to what he’d be getting at his new club of choice. Could probably get a pick around the 8-15 mark out of a side, in that case
Not sure it makes the same sense in Brad's case

If we don't win a game this year and win one game next year we would have to ask about a priority pick.
No club has been that bad in a two year period in the history of the modern AFL. You have to go back to 1960s since last winless team.
It depends. You could argue, from an outsider’s perspective, that injuries have been a factor in our horrible season (when in actual fact, some have actually helped our ability to rebuild lol)

Gut feel is that we need at least three years at the bottom of the ladder before having a case for a priority pick

Cleric was very strong on Sparrow
And your point exactly is what?
Wondering at the change of heart

Is it anti-Hateley so you are looking for someone else or do you now feel Sparrow is a better player

There is another quote where your mates wrote Sparrow off as well

No one is offering Brad Crouch 800k.

Let alone in a Covid year when there is so much uncertainty about future salaries and list sizes.
It doesnt have to be 800k... $700,000k a year will be enough for band 1..

I dont know how many times i have posted this link but obviously no one reads it.. so I will yet again as it explains it quite well..

Read the bit about how much Rockcliff got from Port and why it didnt earn the Lions pick 2.. they didnt get pick 2 because Rockcliff was a year older.. that 1 extra year of age makes a huge difference to the calculation.. Brad will be in the lowest age bracket not in the Bracket Rocky was.

And salary uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 wont change a thing... if the AFL drop the salary cap then the salary amount used in the FA compo calculation will also fall accordingly so it will make no difference..

And if anyone offers brad less than 700k as if the club isnt gonna match it.. then force a trade which could hopefully include a first round pick in next years draft which is apparently meant to be a real good one..

Seriously.. just read the article.

This may surprise a few people I don't think Brad will leave, and I don't think the club wants him to leave.

Every is talking like he is absolutely going because we could end up with pick 2 it more likely he stays and this board will melt when 2 years ago they would melt if he left.

We will only have pick 1 if any of our players are traded we should be asking for 2021 pick and that's a better draft for mids which we will need if the consensus here is that we'll use pick 1 on Thilthorpe

This may surprise a few people I don't think Brad will leave, and I don't think the club wants him to leave.

Every is talking like he is absolutely going because we could end up with pick 2 it more likely he stays and this board will melt when 2 years ago they would melt if he left.

We will only have pick 1 if any of our players are traded we should be asking for 2021 pick and that's a better draft for mids which we will need if the consensus here is that we'll use pick 1 on Thilthorpe

Keep Brad. Trade Matt.

We can't keep going to the well in the next year's draft.

Cleric was very strong on Sparrow

Wondering at the change of heart

Is it anti-Hateley so you are looking for someone else or do you now feel Sparrow is a better player

There is another quote where your mates wrote Sparrow off as well
For starters nobody wrote him off all one of my mates that is a South diehard told me he thought Clay Sampson's lad was the best prospect at the Panthers that year.

That comment of Knighta's was off of one Championship game in June if I recall which was an outrageous statement given that was the first time he and all interstate draft followers including myself had seen him play live. And if you watched the U18 Grand Final between South and WWT that year you'd know he did indeed back it up along with a stellar finish to the year in the SANFL U18 Comp and SANFL Reserves and as Captain of Prince Alfred in the SA school comp where he was outstanding..

I also didn't say Sparrow is a better player than Hately (though he may be if given the opportunities), what I did say is he is IMO a better fit for us with his contested ball winning, brute strength and explosive acceleration. All I'm saying is he has attributes that can bust a game wide open with his breakaway speed from the contest, currently about the only player on our list with that special talent is Will Hamill. It was hoped Gallucci was that player but that now seems to be a forlorn hope given his achilles injury.

I notice you didn't care to link to my post on the next page..

"Nowhere have I suggested Sparrow is not one to be watched, all I'm saying is he needs to back the clearance work up he showed in the 1st half in that game and stay involved for the whole game before we start talking 1st round particularly in a top end talent laden 1st round like this year."

Last edited:

I dont know how many times i have posted this link but obviously no one reads it.. so I will yet again as it explains it quite well..

Read the bit about how much Rockcliff got from Port and why it didnt earn the Lions pick 2.. they didnt get pick 2 because Rockcliff was a year older.. that 1 extra year of age makes a huge difference to the calculation.. Brad will be in the lowest age bracket not in the Bracket Rocky was.

And salary uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 wont change a thing... if the AFL drop the salary cap then the salary amount used in the FA compo calculation will also fall accordingly so it will make no difference..

And if anyone offers brad less than 700k as if the club isnt gonna match it.. then force a trade which could hopefully include a first round pick in next years draft which is apparently meant to be a real good one..

Man there's gonna be some disappointed crows fans.

Have you been watching Brad?

Would you pay 700k to get him to the crows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone provide a summary on Thilthorpe or an explanation why there's so much hype about him? To me he screams James Sellar, as he doesn't seem overly quick or athletic, rather he's a big guy for his age which is why he performs ok at SANFL level and well at junior level. I'd be hoping for a Dusty or a Franklin or a Rankine, a dynamic type player if we're coughing up Pick #1. We are crying out for an absolute game changer on our list at the moment (among many many other things!), not just a solid role player.

Can anyone provide a summary on Thilthorpe or an explanation why there's so much hype about him? To me he screams James Sellar, as he doesn't seem overly quick or athletic, rather he's a big guy for his age which is why he performs ok at SANFL level and well at junior level. I'd be hoping for a Dusty or a Franklin or a Rankine, a dynamic type player if we're coughing up Pick #1. We are crying out for an absolute game changer on our list at the moment (among many many other things!), not just a solid role player.
Whoa boy, Thilthorpe is an athletic beast with really good speed and agility for a 200cm kid, where you get that idea he's not from I really don't know.

And none of those players you mentioned went at Pick 1.....from the vision of Thilthorpe he is extremely agile and much like M.King.

Last edited:
Man there's gonna be some disappointed crows fans.

Have you been watching Brad?

Would you pay 700k to get him to the crows?
Doesnt matter what I’d pay for him... it matters what the other clubs that potentially want him are willing to pay for him...

And none of them think like us supporters.

Sure, I dont think brad is playing his best at the moment but IMO he’s definately not playing as bad as a few around here are claiming.

He’s still been one of our best players this season so far and other potential suitors wouldnt be paying too much attention to his current form given the unusual season its been and the fact that the side hes currently playing in is the bottom dweller.

They know his potential.

Seriously... would love to buy a car off some of the crew in here... you’d turn up to check it out and they’d point out everything wrong with it and tell you to just give them whatever you can for it!...

Are we a chance of getting a second rounder compo if Atkins leaves?

Could have the first two picks on the second draft night.

Look, I'd take Matt for another club's 2021/1. Afterall, every club thinks they will improve next year (except us), so they are often more likely to give it up than this year

Whoa boy, Thilthorpe is an athletic beast with really good speed and agility for a 200cm kid, where you get that idea he's not from I really don't know.
Is there more footage of him that's available or has there been any other testing done to date to show this? From the videos that I've seen on the net, agile is definitely not the word I'd use to describe him. I'd describe someone like Hamill or Laird as being agile. His kicking action is actually relatively slow, and his steps and his speed off the mark look about middle of the road. Don't get me wrong I'm fine to pick this guy up if he's a superstar, I just haven't seen any footage that's blown me away as yet.

And I forgot to mention excellent endurance for a big lad.
His endurance is very good, I think he relies on that and his great smarts and skill to standout. I question his other athletic traits and not having tested at the start of the year hasn’t helped me get a proper gauge haha

Personally think he will end up a Drew Petrie type, very capable ruck/forward with above average smarts and skills for a big man. Would be nice to bank in a potential 300 gamer too

I'm on the fence as to whether we get pick 2 or end of R1 for Brad, if he leaves (likely IMO)

I don't see GC offering big, big money. There are teams that need a contested beast like him in Vic, though...

I’m quietly confident North will make a decent play for Brad, they need more midfield depth and reckon Brad wouldn’t object to this, for the right money

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back