2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have 5 spots on list we maybe looking to get 5 players in draft
We will have 7 spots available, a combination of senior list and rookie A & B spots. They may leave a spot or spots available for players to train at the club over summer.

Last edited:

How about Rhys Mathieson as a DFA to be reinvented as a forward?

Quick, tackling machine and a decent shot for goal.

Wondering if we'd take a look at Billy Gowers as well.

Could definitely use his inner campaigner in our F50 🤔

Lot's of 'how about player X' at the moment, which I'm sure annoys some, but I heard a strong rumour that we are into Mason Wood from the Roos. Had one good year (so has potential), is a neat kick, apparently has a motor too... Not exactly sure where his downward spiral came from, but maybe we can re-invent him to play some sort of role to get the best out of him?

Who knows...

Harry Jones and Mat Walker have been delisted. Looks like we are after 5 new players. Hope they both get picked up elsewhere. Dylan Moore will be a rookie next year. CJ has been elevated only because he's been a rookie for the max time allowed. Brooksby signed as a rookie for next year. Looks like we will be picking up 1 or 2 players in the DFA.
Does anyone else feel surprised Walker has been let go?

Does anyone else feel surprised Walker has been let go?
I'm surprised about both of them, Jones was a running machine who looked on the improve. Walker looked like a goal scoring option and was pretty close to selection in early 2019 and then did his knee and didn't play at all this year, he looked very promising before he did his knee.

Lot's of 'how about player X' at the moment, which I'm sure annoys some, but I heard a strong rumour that we are into Mason Wood from the Roos. Had one good year (so has potential), is a neat kick, apparently has a motor too... Not exactly sure where his downward spiral came from, but maybe we can re-invent him to play some sort of role to get the best out of him?

Who knows...
Bloke is a deadset spud, his Brisbane game this year my god that wad awful. 3 touches all turnovers and cost them the game with a 50 and bad skills. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Not worthy of a list especially considering we delisted Matt walker who has more potential and probably less injury prone then what mason wood is

Jackson Trengove
Lewis Jetta
Rhys Mathieson
Billy Gowers
Mason Wood

A451F700-EA5F-4D41-B1C0-00E1F819F7BF.gif

The Egg is a solid player but plays a role we don't really need more help in.

Still believe for list needs that Parker as a pressure forward and Oscar MacDonald as KPP depth are our best DFA options.

Can we request a perma-ban for anybody suggesting Billy Gowers?

Who knows...

Don't hate the sound of this.

He did have a solid season a few years back which included kicking a bag against Sydney I believe and yes he does have a good engine as well.

It's been continual soft tissue injuries that have set him back I believe and North's medical team are actually pretty good so I'm not sure why they can't get his body right.

If our club thinks they can repair him then he would definitely fill a need and essentially be a free hit as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMMFAO at people hating on suggestions of Billy Gowers and to then mutter Oscar McDonald in the same breath.

Totally just made my day 😂

Only one I'd consider tbh

I'm not sure, did anyone actually watch what he played like when he was put under pressure?

We tend to overrate blokes in good sides which is why a lot of our lesser players that left didn't manage their best football outside of the club. I watched that game where Richmond lost to Port, and with Ports forward half pressure he had close to 10 clangers.

Looked fantastic in the North game where no one went near him, and he was below average for every other game.

LMMFAO at people hating on suggestions of Billy Gowers and to then mutter Oscar McDonald in the same breath.

Totally just made my day 😂

One is a depth key position player who simply needs to do his best as a warm body by trying to negate an opposition forward. Doesn't need to touch the ball to have a good game.

The other would be required to kick goals or set them up but is so far beyond that at this point in his career he played a full game this season for negative Champion Data points. That's almost an impossible feat since even spoils, tackles and tap ons are worth points.

Different positions, different expectations.

We severely lack small/medium forwards right now. Just in the last two years we’ve already lost; Rioli, Puopolo, Minchington, Walker and Ross without bringing anyone in.

True but we have brought in Morris who so far has shown a tiny bit of X factor we desperately need. If he keeps progressing we could have a really handy small forward for the next ten years plus. Haven’t given up on Hanrahan either, didn’t realise that he is really really quick. Again if it all clicks for him, we may have a real player on our hands

Expect we have 2-3 small forwards identified in this years draft/delisted free agents, we just need to be patient

Last edited:

Who knows...
The guy has potential. If the club is showing interest they must believe they can get more out of him with our system.

We severely lack small/medium forwards right now. Just in the last two years we’ve already lost; Rioli, Puopolo, Minchington, Walker and Ross without bringing anyone in.

Wingard has come in and Impey has played there. Also seems strange to list Walker, Ross and Minchington as losses in the last 2 years when they were only brought in during that time. The club has also brought in/tried Hanrahan, Moore, Nash and Morris. It's obviously something the club is aware of and tried pretty aggressively to address, just unlucky so far with the development of the ~10 or so players the club has tried in that time (other than Wingard who I am adamant has been elite through half forward).

Forward half talent is still a gap and I'm sure the club will keep turning over players there.

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith is worth a look. Fits age profile and showed some talent in a premiership team this year. Him or Ed Phillips as outside run are the pick of the bunch for me.

Don't hate the sound of this.

He did have a solid season a few years back which included kicking a bag against Sydney I believe and yes he does have a good engine as well.

It's been continual soft tissue injuries that have set him back I believe and North's medical team are actually pretty good so I'm not sure why they can't get his body right.

If our club thinks they can repair him then he would definitely fill a need and essentially be a free hit as well.

I don't hate it either. I think the talent is there, it would be a matter of if the willingness is there to do the work to make it as an AFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back