Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome, I've been on the waitlist for like 4 years at least and still waiting for access to open for me next week. The process is clearly stuffed

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have been waiting since 2017, we are hoping we get seats this year, sick of lining up early to get good seats

First time I've ever seen repeated television ads about being a Crows member, and first time I've been called directly by the club asking if I'm interested in membership.

They're struggling.
Maybe members took Roo up on his suggestion.

The concerning thing is the club won’t pin this on their failed management, they’ll reconcile it due to missing finals and push for 8th spot again rather than a flag.

If I was Nicks I would have insisted on a 5 year deal as we will get trigger happy.

Maybe members took Roo up on his suggestion.

The concerning thing is the club won’t pin this on their failed management, they’ll reconcile it due to missing finals and push for 8th spot again rather than a flag.

If I was Nicks I would have insisted on a 5 year deal as we will get trigger happy.

They won't, but at the same time, the feedback from the member surveys should tell them exactly why people aren't signing up

They won't, but at the same time, the feedback from the member surveys should tell them exactly why people aren't signing up
I downgraded to silver "you don't want to miss out on a grand final seat"

"HAHAHAHA"

"I'll take that as a no"

After spitting the dummy and vowing to never be an afc member again have caved in and purchased 3 game memberships for my family.

Actually excited about 2020. Having low expectations can be invigorating.

I smashed the admin in my members survey as I have done several times in the past, this was the first year I got a response sent back. Tells you they are worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've ever seen repeated television ads about being a Crows member, and first time I've been called directly by the club asking if I'm interested in membership.

They're struggling.
Or they've taken on the feedback?

I mean they've been smacked around a lot for the last 12 months.

Clubs will always strive to get their best membership tally possible so I'm sure they'll continue to call all of us who haven't renewed as that would be the membership departments goal. Can't fault them for it, if/when I change my mind I won't be renewing to gold, just the standard interstate one but I'm in no rush.

They're struggling.
Why did they call you? Past member who hasn’t renewed or on the waiting list?

I have a silver membership seat that was Dad's. I 'inherited it' years ago when he became too ill to go to the footy. It's alongside two other family seats. We're trying to get one more seat, and have been waiting for years.

This year, after three years of getting access to the waitlist seats, one finally became available in the bay and our row. There is a group of 4 between our group and the spare seat. The club is refusing to contact the family to see if they would consider moving right by one seat. It's very frustrating for me but my family are a bit upset. We've been loyal club members for years and don't understand why this policy exists.

The club used to do such a thing at Footy Park (working with groups to maximise the seating allocation and try and fit everyone in), but they won't do it now for some reason. Consequently, there are heaps of single seats spread about the stands.

I have a silver membership seat that was Dad's. I 'inherited it' years ago when he became too ill to go to the footy. It's alongside two other family seats. We're trying to get one more seat, and have been waiting for years.

This year, after three years of getting access to the waitlist seats, one finally became available in the bay and our row. There is a group of 4 between our group and the spare seat. The club is refusing to contact the family to see if they would consider moving right by one seat. It's very frustrating for me but my family are a bit upset. We've been loyal club members for years and don't understand why this policy exists.

The club used to do such a thing at Footy Park (working with groups to maximise the seating allocation and try and fit everyone in), but they won't do it now for some reason. Consequently, there are heaps of single seats spread about the stands.

Just take the seat offer and talk to the family Rd 1. I'm sure they won't mind

Yeah, I think that’s what we’ll end up doing, but I guess my point is more about the club’s apparent reluctance to maximise attendance.

At least it's not what the Strikers have done.

I opted to renew my membership at the very last minute (less than a week before the first match, once I realised a membership was still cheaper than 5 single tickets + booking fees), so I picked a spot surrounded by empty seats.

These seats have been unused all season (including the NYE match, when they claimed the public seating was sold out).

At least it's not what the Strikers have done.

I opted to renew my membership at the very last minute (less than a week before the first match, once I realised a membership was still cheaper than 5 single tickets + booking fees), so I picked a spot surrounded by empty seats.

These seats have been unused all season (including the NYE match, when they claimed the public seating was sold out).

Yes, it's bizarre. It seems like 'policies, systems and processes' are more important than filling empty seats with fans. I do know that Ticketmaster are required to have a number of seats available for sale to the general public each game in all areas. Perhaps that's what the seats around you are.

Yes, it's bizarre. It seems like 'policies, systems and processes' are more important than filling empty seats with fans. I do know that Ticketmaster are required to have a number of seats available for sale to the general public each game in all areas. Perhaps that's what the seats around you are.

Except Ticketek have always had the tickets listed as 'sold' on their website.

Last night they said there were only 4 seats left in my entire bay, which ended being half full at best.

Back