Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

You posted something further back about McAdam having issues, can you elaborate?
It was the full time nature of the beast. Bit like Johncock he's a slow starter to PS, tends to overdo the off season and thus needed extra sessions. I don't think the rumours of him wanting to pull the pin were entirely correct..... he was just having a hard time with the extras.

Also I think all the added things like meetings, promotional work etc isn't his go. He's a very shy bloke who tends to keep to himself a lot. Now people notice him in the streets a bit more.

Footy stuff isn't an issue, been told he's flying during match sim

It was the full time nature of the beast. Bit like Johncock he's a slow starter to PS, tends to overdo the off season and thus needed extra sessions. I don't think the rumours of him wanting to pull the pin were entirely correct..... he was just having a hard time with the extras.

Also I think all the added things like meetings, promotional work etc isn't his go. He's a very shy bloke who tends to keep to himself a lot. Now people notice him in the streets a bit more.

Our forward line needs him badly

We need another mind camp. ;)

How exactly do you know that ?? He spent 12 months within the SA underage setup coaching and from all reports shone out.

40 odd players had a vote and he got in, so they must see a lot more than others do.
They also voted for Walker and Talia didn't they? But an executive decision was made to exclude them wasn't it?

So Smith moves up the list. Probably fits the happy theme but like Lynch isn't known for standing up in big moments.

Could be a shift in what's deemed as a requirement for leadership I guess.

They also voted for Walker and Talia didn't they? But an executive decision was made to exclude them wasn't it?

So Smith moves up the list. Probably fits the happy theme but like Lynch isn't known for standing up in big moments.

I wouldn't be critical of Lynch in big moments as kicked plenty of crunch goals for us over the years.

Think more a case that whilst he is hard working, he is more the icing on the cake type rather than someone who you build a side around.

Our forward line needs him badly
I just hope he can get his body and fitness up to a standard that will allow him to consistently perform at AFL level because I am positive he is super talented. If he does there will be some posters on here that heavily questioned what we gave up for him with the need for a flannel to clean the egg off their faces.

Last edited:
I just hope he can get his body and fitness up to a standard that will allow him to consistently perform at AFL level because I am positive he is super talented. If he does there will be some posters on here that heavily questioned what we have up for him with the need for a flannel to clean the egg off their faces.
It helps that McGovern has been an absolute dud for Carlton so far.

Lynch has done plenty for us in big moments

Lynch has done plenty for us in big moments
But this is the Adelaide board remember and that does not go along with what his knockers want us to believe. So far Tommy seems like his pre-season has been uneventful injury and illness wise, that being the case right up to round 1 fulIy expect him to have another good year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep talking about anti-Lynch sentiment on this board but I haven't seen that much of it.
Plenty, usually the same culprits...one in particular drones on endlessly...he might just get it right one day but given he has been so wrong for so long now it will mean nought.

Plenty, usually the same culprits...one in particular drones on endlessly...he might just get it right one day but given he has been so wrong for so long now it will mean nought.
Atkins, Mackay & Hartigan seem to cop the most around here imo. Harto kind of deserves it though. I don't think Lynch comes anywhere near being worthy of whipping boy status in comparison to those guys. I guess sometimes people just single out a player to hate on and never let it go. Maybe they don't like redheads or something.

I just hope he can get his body and fitness up to a standard that will allow him to consistently perform at AFL level because I am positive he is super talented. If he does there will be some posters on here that heavily questioned what we gave up for him with the need for a flannel to clean the egg off their faces.
I was one.

Now set the level you hand the facewasher over?

1 game? 2 - 20?

If Carlton's new fitness boss is as good as he's cracked up to be, I expect Gov will come good eventually. I do rate him. I just hope that we can extract something decent out of McAdam and save some face.

Note that Gov is not doing proper training even this preseason: nothing changes! :)

Has anyone seen our training?
Are we still playing E Himm forward?
Frampton doing a lot of ruckwork?
Worrell fwd/back ?
This is a good question. The damn camera angles in the videos the club has posted make it bloody difficult to tell where people are playing sometimes.

From what I can tell....Himmelberg still forward, Frampton doing a little ruck work to help as a chop out and there isn't much footage of Worrel so far but he seems to be playing either half back or wing. It's hard to tell though so don't take my word for it.

Last edited:
Note that Gov is not doing proper training even this preseason: nothing changes! :)
I think he's using proper technique by bending the knees...

gov-kfc-bucket-e-jpg.683677

If we're going by that game only Matt Crouch should be in the leadership group.
Well no, you're being silly and avoiding the question.

Same as Doedee, you have to introduce younger players to responsibility. Senior players are held to a different standard for obvious reasons, i.e. they've had ample opportunity to display their wares.

We are an organisation whose hierarchy is in utter survival mode. Hence we're desperate for a spike, not unlike under Sando when we released all the screws.

It's obviously a leadership group chosen to keep out those like Walker and Talia who might be demanding while incorporating those like Lynch and Smith who are likely to keep the pressure off.

Not sure why anyone would debate that. It's obvious. Just accept it for what it is.

Well no, you're being silly and avoiding the question.

Same as Doedee, you have to introduce younger players to responsibility. Senior players are held to a different standard for obvious reasons, i.e. they've had ample opportunity to display their wares.

We are an organisation whose hierarchy is in utter survival mode. Hence we're desperate for a spike, not unlike under Sando when we released all the screws.

It's obviously a leadership group chosen to keep out those like Walker and Talia who might be demanding while incorporating those like Lynch and Smith who are likely to keep the pressure off.

Not sure why anyone would debate that. It's obvious. Just accept it for what it is.
Exactly what are you basing these assumptions of yours on? Do you have intimate personal knowledge of what Tom is like inside the walls of the AFL?

Exactly what are you basing these assumptions of yours on? Do you have intimate personal knowledge of what Tom is like inside the walls of the AFL?
Not that "inside these 4 walls we know what's best for us" cliche again. If that was the case we wouldn't be in the state we're in in the first place.

Anyway I'm heading out. Have a great Australia Day Bicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back