Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Grigg is a dime a dozen midfielder who didn't work hard enough when given the chance.

Shane can do things a lot of people can't on a footy field. It means a hell of a lot to go from Ammos to State league TOTY in 1 season.
You said it yourself... work hard enough.

Are we collectively forgetting he didn't work hard enough last year? Was in woeful shape.

Ok to say Grigg didn't because he's not on our list any more, but no so McAdam who was handed a once in a lifetime opportunity for a lower tier player to step up?

The collective amnesia on here is remarkable at times.

When are we allowed to mention McAdam's lack of effort? Wait till he's delisted?

He better have pulled the digit out otherwise that won't be long in coming.

Didn't see McAdams SANFL finals??
SANFL doesn't translate and you know that. Look at Norwood's ruckman. Actually just look around the field at any SANFL game and take in the tradies do weekends vibe.

The national league is a huge step up in what is required these days.

Umm that would be a logical suggestion if last season never happened....
AFC had had 2 horror years.

We have cleared out coaches & many senior players.

Now we have an opportunity for many younger players to display their talent.

Enjoy the ride, rather than trying to make a mountain out of a molehill...

You weren't

But plenty are over rating players who haven't played a game aswell as under rating aswell

My point is like yours wait on all players before you rate them either way, like ned butts mcadam who ever

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why didn't you just say that the 1st time or use your post by quoting whoever you were referring to... ;)

Are we collectively forgetting he didn't work hard enough last year? Was in woeful shape.

Ok to say Grigg didn't because he's not on our list any more, but no so McAdam who was handed a once in a lifetime opportunity for a lower tier player to step up?

When are we allowed to mention McAdam's lack of effort? Wait till he's delisted?

Effort was never in question with Shane.

Fitness base yes, effort to get to where he wanted to be..... no. You would never have questioned Stiffy Johncock and his commitment.

Where's this lack of effort you talk of coming from exactly?
My understanding is that it was his body itself that let him down coping with the AFL workload required, quite understandable I would have thought given he was plucked out of Halls Creek by Shane Radbone a year or two after giving up on the WAFL after missing out on being drafted after a stunning WAFL draft combine testing.

McAdam was coming from a mile back fitness and Conditioning wise compared with other mature age draftees.

AFC had had 2 horror years.

We have cleared out coaches & many senior players.

Now we have an opportunity for many younger players to display their talent.

Enjoy the ride, rather than trying to make a mountain out of a molehill...
Wait on. None of that has anything to do with how McAdam looked after himself.

Secondly I'm not making a mountain out of anything. You're leaping to defend something that really has no logical defense.

Turn up fat and only get up to speed at the tail end is on the player. I have low to no expectations and will be very happy if he has put in the effort this time around and it translates into action rather than words.

Wait on. None of that has anything to do with how McAdam looked after himself.

Secondly I'm not making a mountain out of anything. You're leaping to defend something that really has no logical defense.

Turn up fat and only get up to speed at the tail end is on the player. I have low to no expectations and will be very happy if he has put in the effort this time around and it translates into action rather than words.
Yes you are making are making up that McAdam has an attitude issue, when he doesn't.

You are not being objective & just making yourself look uniformed by banging on the same wrong message.

How about you just enjoy the journey this year rather than all this preemptive crap.

Yes you are making are making up that McAdam has an attitude issue, when he doesn't.

You are not being objective & just making yourself look uniformed by banging on the same wrong message.

How about you just enjoy the journey this year rather than all this preemptive crap.
Lol this is why boomers are such value 😘

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gen X!

Btw, having a clue has nothing to do with generation...
Well you come across as a boomer with your inability to read properly as soon as something is contrary to what you want to think and your optimism that your opinion overrides what has actually occurred.

As for having a clue, you wouldn't know, because you don't.

Well you come across as a boomer with your inability to read properly as soon as something is contrary to what you want to think and your optimism that your opinion overrides what has actually occurred.

As for having a clue, you wouldn't know, because you don't.
Just so you know, us "boomers" were the result of horny servicemen returning from several years of savin' your ass!!

I think he's using proper technique by bending the knees...

gov-kfc-bucket-e-jpg.683677
He must know the manager. They never overfill my KFC buckets like that.
entitled flog. 😏

Where's this lack of effort you talk of coming from exactly?
My understanding is that it was his body itself that let him down coping with the AFL workload required, quite understandable I would have thought given he was plucked out of Halls Creek by Shane Radbone a year or two after giving up on the WAFL after missing out on being drafted after a stunning WAFL draft combine testing.

McAdam was coming from a mile back fitness and Conditioning wise compared with other mature age draftees.
Any info on why he wasn't drafted the first time? Great combine, great talent...? What were his champs lime?

Well that's something I have wanted to see since I was a young man. Don't think you can put that on Pyke though. Smith has wanted to play in the mids since Sando days. Didn't get a Guernsey in their under 3 coaches. In fact Pyke probably gave him more time in there than Walsh or Sanderson.

The common denominator I guess was Campo, who chose his midfield group. Will Smith move inside under Nicks? We'll see but I doubt it. Horse might've bolted on that one.

Perfect timing, article today about Smithers wanting more time in the guts. I’m mildly confident we’ll see a bit of it this year.

Yeah but the usual suspects swallowed it like chocolate cake

Probably Noble’s smartest move. Get massively rogered seconds into trade fortnight and tack Gore for a mid 50 pick into the trade so the usual suspects have something to lap up and argue that we did well. Peak Danger for a mid first and mid second, we got more for a 3rd tall interceptor. We’ve got some world champ apologists around here.

I think if you don't have it by your 20s you just don't have it. Give me the boy until he's 7 and all that. Fierce competitiveness seems to be one of those behaviours that are learned early.

Is his issue his natural competitiveness on the field or his work ethic in getting fit enough to apply it across 4 quarters at AFL level?

Just so you know, us "boomers" were the result of horny servicemen returning from several years of savin' your ass!!
Well sadly most Aussie servicemen in WWI and WW2 were just cannon fodder for the british, not so much ass saving as disposable colonists.

Yet here we are 100 years later still with their queen as our head of state.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back