Qld 2020 Queensland Election - October 31

Who are you voting for/would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay. Well now that you've copped to writing things you don't mean, Butler is a member of the Labor outrage brigade, wheeled out as needed to fire vitriolic broadsides at whichever electoral threat they face any particular week. Her and Di Farmer dogpiling Amy McMahon's volunteers to damage her campaign was truly dirty politics, and shows that several Labor Party figures can't take criticism without painting themselves as the victim.
Ah NOW we get to the meat

Watch some sky after dark to see an ACTUAL glass-jaw or 3 in action dude.

I've got no issue with your issues but at least stick the landing.

Ah NOW we get to the meat

Watch some sky after dark to see an ACTUAL glass-jaw or 3 in action dude.
Everyone's a genius and a statesman compared to Sky After Dark. Using those blithering idiots as a benchmark is like measuring your ballroom dancing skills against Stephen Hawking's. I suppose there are a few politicians I can think of who are worse than Butler though.

Everyone's a genius and a statesman compared to Sky After Dark. Using those blithering idiots as a benchmark is like measuring your ballroom dancing skills against Stephen Hawking's. I suppose there are a few politicians I can think of who are worse than Butler though.
Is that you Joel ?

I pretty much called the election spot on.

I said the ALP would gain seats and it appears they have and comprehensively so.

The LNP's period in gov here from 2012 to early 2015 was an utter disgrace. Full of hubris and ego.

Still leaves an indelible mark on the psyche of all who lived here in Qld during that period.
An utter disgrace? Can Do was fantastic, exactly what Queensland needed (and still needs today).

I put Newman just below Joh because I can actually think of a couple of positives of Joh's reign - infrastructure and economic development. Plus as much as it makes me retch in his case, longevity does count for something when assessing leaders (I know, I know, Bjelkemander).

Pretty much everything else Joh did was IMO negative or at best dubious, but I can't think of a single positive thing Newman did.

Borbidge's government was poor, but he wasn't really damaging like Newman was.
Positives Campbell Newman did:
- cuts to the public service
- bikie laws
- asset sales
- cancelled Premier's literary awards
- investment in mining infrastructure
etc etc

Labor win Bundaberg by 11 votes and Nicklin by 79.

It's a very good thing that these jokers didn't get into power. At least Crisafulli was smart enough to realise he needed to become leader after the election, not before, since it was too late to pull off a victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a very good thing that these jokers didn't get into power. At least Crisafulli was smart enough to realise he needed to become leader after the election, not before, since it was too late to pull off a victory.
A hobo on the street could run the State better than Labor and Palestine in Qld. They’re a hopeless rabble who have ****ed up everything they’ve touched.

A hobo on the street could run the State better than Labor and Palestine in Qld. They’re a hopeless rabble who have f’ed up everything they’ve touched.
Incredible that someone could live through 2020 and claim the state governance in Queensland was poor when there were perfectly good examples of what not to do in the two states below us.

2PP:
ALP: 53.2%
LNP: 46.8%

Geez, that's a seriously poor result for the LNP.

I thought that this would be a status quo ante election, but this looks more like 2019 AUS on steroids.

Shows you what happens when you actively go against what most of the electorate wants. ON too.

Back