List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why have you given up on getting a good trade for Brown just because that's what the media are saying?

Depends what your definition/expectation of a "good trade" is. If Rawlings can pull off two first rounders I'll fund the statue.

Yes, why

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

St Kilda has shown interest in out-of-contract North Melbourne forward Ben Brown, according to AFL reporter Damian Barrett.

Barrett understands the Saints have held talks with Brown’s management.

“He (Brown) will seek a new home and I believe it will be a team in the finals,” Barrett told Channel Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

“I know St Kilda has enquired.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Saints, Brissy, Collingwood are still playing finals.

So much water to go under the bridge before going apeshit about 'losing leverage'. He's gone, it'll get sorted, a club will pay up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 and their 2021 2nd for both players wouldn't be the worst outcome.
[/QUOT
Agreed, we're only prepared to back Higgins in for 1 year anyway and Brown....well probably has 3. Opens Saints window wide open and gives us a couple of reasonable shots at 1 or two 10 year players.

Pick 14 and second rounder 🤯. Might end up drafting a cam mcCarthy at 14 and Ryan Bastinac at 25 . So much more likely to miss than hit anything outside top 10. Where the f*k is that warchest we’ve been sitting on for 5 years now 🤬

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Saints, Brissy, Collingwood are still playing finals.

So much water to go under the bridge before going apeshit about 'losing leverage'. He's gone, it'll get sorted, a club will pay up.

Yep hopefully there’s a bidding war and Ben is open to go to multiple clubs.

My uninformed opinion is this is a stand against player managers thinking they can use us as a media bargaining chip.

It's the righting of some power in that relationship and Brown is collateral damage to an extent.

If we have to sacrifice a Brown to set the tone straight, then it's a sacrifice well taken. A great titan once said 'the hardest choices require the strongest of wills' and 'progress demands sacrifices'. Rawling is cleaning house and making sure the backyard is settled. Shaw is getting the list together with the players for the modern game. I would dare say that out of the starting 22 we have already gotten the right playeres for at least 70% of the positions.

Starting with the bookends of Mackay and Larkey. Thomas, Zarhuur, Taylor, Mahoney covers 4 small/medium forward positions. Simpkin, LDU, Xerri will handle the center square. Bailey got one wing covered. Dumont is a maybe. Hayden, Perez handles 2 small/medium defenders. We are missing another quality young key defender but i suppose that position can be covered with free/delisted agents, pre/mid season drafts of mature aged players.

The one player we are missing a small explosive defender, so when the time is right, we should be chucking big big money for that but that time is not now hence williams and saad is not for us. Now, we still need to cover playeres 19 to 22. These 4 are quite important as they need to be able to back up the effort onfield. Then there are players 23 to 28. The 6 imminent replacement actually determines our depth and will be instrumental in a protracted campaign.

Can St Kilda even fit in Brown and Higgins money wise? They forked out a lot last off-season.
Probably heavily front loaded contracts, seems to be the norm these days. Actually makes a lot of sense because you take a hit when you initially sign the players then the following year you're free to sign up another big name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back