List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I applaud anyone who logs on and gives us bits and pieces they've heard and I tune in and read it all just like everyone else. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, I get that.

I'm certainly not potting the bloke but there's only one messiah around here.
Who is that?

the Ziebull?
Barrett?
Tef?
'toes?
Will Phillips?

Go on ...

Oh, nothing to say really, just found it curious a new account started when the old one could have been reactivated.

I'll be lapping it all up just like everyone else though.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne
Rhyce Shaw should recruit brother Heath to North Melbourne for experience, writes Mark Robinson
Heath Shaw will be returning to Victoria in 2021. Whether that’s as an AFL football remains to be seen, but North Melbourne should be interested, writes Mark Robinson.
Mark Robinson, Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
September 29, 2020 7:18pm

It’s obvious — Heath Shaw to North Melbourne. So get it done, Kangas.

Don’t worry about what the rest of the footy world thinks of one brother employing another brother or even the likely media criticism of nepotism that will follow.

Do what you think will help the footy club, Rhyce.

If Heath can add value to what will be the youngest list in the competition next season, then he must be considered for recruitment.
North has razed its list as it embarks on its deepest rebuild since the club capitalised on the “10-year” rule in the 1970s.

It needs experience and, better still, cheap experience.

With Heath being delisted from the Giants, where he was a key player in their success, he has lost his hand in the salary discussions.
Part-time playing and full-time developing on a reduced footy department spend could be money well spent.

Brothers Rhyce and Heath Shaw shake hands before a Sydney derby.

Other than him possibly playing, say, 10 games, Heath would add footy and worldly experience and an outrageous enthusiasm for being in a footy club.

He’s not the player he was, that’s obvious, but nor is he decrepit at 35.

The Kangas are in a unique position.

They lack depth in leadership and with speculation swirling about further cuts to the list, Heath’s leadership cannot be ignored.

c027c1081320343acc66ade1f2ee1e6b

North Melbourne coach Rhyce Shaw will lead a young team next season.

Shaun Higgins is likely to be at a new club and Heath wouldn’t command anywhere near Higgins’ salary.

This is not about winning a flag next year, it’s about building a foundation for the next one.

And Heath Shaw, at a small price, would help that.

So, I guess that means it’s happening then :(

Decisions had to be made in the context of Covid-related workplace reductions. It seemed to be done on a last in - first out basis.

Development coaches stayed and a couple of line coaches got the arse. Fair indication where are priorities did and will probably continue to lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne
Rhyce Shaw should recruit brother Heath to North Melbourne for experience, writes Mark Robinson
Heath Shaw will be returning to Victoria in 2021. Whether that’s as an AFL football remains to be seen, but North Melbourne should be interested, writes Mark Robinson.
Mark Robinson, Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
September 29, 2020 7:18pm

It’s obvious — Heath Shaw to North Melbourne. So get it done, Kangas.

Don’t worry about what the rest of the footy world thinks of one brother employing another brother or even the likely media criticism of nepotism that will follow.

Do what you think will help the footy club, Rhyce.

If Heath can add value to what will be the youngest list in the competition next season, then he must be considered for recruitment.
North has razed its list as it embarks on its deepest rebuild since the club capitalised on the “10-year” rule in the 1970s.

It needs experience and, better still, cheap experience.

With Heath being delisted from the Giants, where he was a key player in their success, he has lost his hand in the salary discussions.
Part-time playing and full-time developing on a reduced footy department spend could be money well spent.

Other than him possibly playing, say, 10 games, Heath would add footy and worldly experience and an outrageous enthusiasm for being in a footy club.

He’s not the player he was, that’s obvious, but nor is he decrepit at 35.

The Kangas are in a unique position.

They lack depth in leadership and with speculation swirling about further cuts to the list, Heath’s leadership cannot be ignored.

c027c1081320343acc66ade1f2ee1e6b

Shaun Higgins is likely to be at a new club and Heath wouldn’t command anywhere near Higgins’ salary.

This is not about winning a flag next year, it’s about building a foundation for the next one.

And Heath Shaw, at a small price, would help that.

He's seems like a bit of a loose unit, Heath. Not sure how he'd go being coached by his brother.

Not sure about Heath Shaw, I get he has the experience, and Ive seen him waving alot. Not sure but it feels ironical that the Lions chase firstly Hodge and then Birchall to provide that leadership in the backline and if the rumours are correct we target Shaw

Not sure about Heath Shaw, I get he has the experience, and Ive seen him waving alot. Not sure but it feels ironical that the Lions chase firstly Hodge and then Birchall to provide that leadership in the backline and if the rumours are correct we target Shaw
Who else is available? Who else would cost us nothing pick wise as he's a delisted player?

Shaw is coaching for his career. We will be gunning for a substantially better outcome than this year.

That being said, we probably will finish bottom 4 and I can't see shaw getting an extension. That's why this cleanout strategy has been so bold and...odd. If we are uncompetitive next year, Shaw is very possibly doing himself out of a job.
Not if we have a board with even an ounce of common sense.

I think he will be given until mid 2022 before they pull the trigger. Hence and extension of 12 months next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back