2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you not suggest Luke Dunstan was a worth looking at in a trade scenario for Tom Lynch which would mean Lynch out Dunstan in?

So unless Matt Crouch was to leave we'd have 2 slowish inside midfielders competing for the one spot with the major difference being Dunstan on almost all indicators is the inferior of the 2 similar style players?

It's my opinion Dunstan should be of no interest to us on any basis. We need midfielders with points of difference not more of the same.
Dig your heals in all you want Bicks. It’s not helping your case here.

In fact quite the opposite

Dig your heals in all you want Bicks. It’s not helping your case here.

In fact quite the opposite
Ha glad you think so...

See if anyone else thinks Dunstan would be a good addition to our current list. I'd be very surprised if many do.

Ha glad you think so...

See if anyone else thinks Dunstan would be a good addition to our current list. I'd be very surprised if many do.
IF we were to lose both M Crouch and B Crouch then I wouldn’t be against bringing in someone like Dunstan if the cost was cheap i.e. 3rd/4th round pick.

only IF we were to lose both.

IF we were to lose both M Crouch and B Crouch then I wouldn’t be against bringing in someone like Dunstan if the cost was cheap i.e. 3rd/4th round pick.

only IF we were to lose both.
I wouldn't, if we're rebuilding which seems to be the intent I'd sooner stick to Ben Keays for that component on our list or at least look at a younger SA bred inside grunt player like Tom Sparrow who has very, very decent acceleration from the contest unlike Dunstan. Sparrow doesn't seem to get too many mentions when SA bred players get mentioned on here but IMO he'd be one of the better options for a list in rebuild mode.

And in case nobodies noticed he's out of contract years end according to footywire.

You come to an agreement on the portion of salary you pay if he goes to another club.
And who's this club willing to pay that for Gibbs?

Look - we're probably being pedantic. You're saying keep him and pay him 100% if we can't find a club who'll at least cover 60%. I'm saying I'd be happy for him to go somewhere, even if we're paying a larger percentage. Who knows what clubs will be willing to do for him.

Yeah, I really like Sparrow as an idea. Surprised he's not getting games at a terrible club, but I suppose Melbourne think their midfielders aren't their problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020:
Brad Crouch (free agent, pick 2)
Rory Atkins (free agent, pick 38)
Kyle Hartigan (free agent, no compo)
Rory Laird (trade with 41 to Hawthorn for 11)
Elliot Himmelburg
Riley Knight
David Mackay
Myles Poholke
Bryce Gibbs (payout and retire/trade)

Trade pick 21 for Jackson Hately
Trade pick 46 for Jack Graham and 64

Picks 1, 2, 11,15, 31, 38, 64 (68)

Draft 4 picks, then Edwards and Newchurch (and maybe Borlase, depending on our rankings)
Pick Thilthorpe, Phillips, Caleb Poulter, Jack Ginnivan

2021:
Matt Crouch (Free agent, pick 19)
Paul Seedsman
Tom Lynch
Jake Kelly
Taylor Walker (retire)
Ben Crocker
Billy Frampton
Jordan Gallucci

2022 side:
FF: Shane McAdam -- Darcy Fogarty -- Tyson Stengle
CHF: Ned McHenry -- Riley Thilthorpe -- Jackson Hately

1st R: Reilly O’Brien -- Harry Schoenberg -- Will Phillips
C: Will Hamill -- Chayce Jones -- Brodie Smith

CHB: Wayne Milera -- Fisher McAsey -- Luke Edwards
FB: Andrew McPherson-- Daniel Talia -- Tom Doedee

RES: Josh Worrell, Rory Sloane, Caleb Poulter, Jack Ginnivan

EM:
Ben Keays
Lachlan Gollant
Ronin O’Connor
Jordon Butts
Luke Brown
Jack Graham
Lachlan Sholl

And who's this club willing to pay that for Gibbs?

Look - we're probably being pedantic. You're saying keep him and pay him 100% if we can't find a club who'll at least cover 60%. I'm saying I'd be happy for him to go somewhere, even if we're paying a larger percentage. Who knows what clubs will be willing to do for him.
Carlton. Imagine the romance...

It’s fair to hold that opinion in a thread like this if you’re not into that player as a prospect, but Bicks asked specifically about getting rid of Matt Crouch, which was never referenced, and replacing him with Dunstan, which was completely not a part of the trade scenario.

It’s not even apples and oranges. It’s closer to apples and atlas’s!

Yeah but you know he gets triggered every time anyone says anything remotely negative about the Crouch brothers

Last edited:
Yeah but you know he gets triggered every time anyone says anything remotely negative about the Crouch brothers
So I take it you think Luke Dunstan would be a worthwhile addition to our midfield......sorry but I disagree I think he's a bad option given the syle of player he is.

Im assuming there is no scenario where we would give up Pick 1 and player/another 1st for Luko and Rankine?
Sorry, you're dreaming, that boat sailed long ago when we had a camp and the AFL gave GC a healthy assistance package.

Luko and Rankine loving it on the Gold Coast and they are part of an exciting team on the rise, chock full of high draft picks and highly skilled players. We on the other hand, hmmmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back