List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Goey is suddenly very gettable, him charged, club wanting to discard him, we should swooP in to give him a second chance.

De Goey is suddenly very gettable, him charged, club wanting to discard him, we should swooP in to give him a second chance.
Eddie will get him out of it trust me then will stay at Scumwood for life.
Unless free agents want to come us then don’t even think of trading 2-1st round picks.

Tarrant
Ziebell
Goldy
Higgins
Is moving a player or players like the above the risk we need to take to get talent in?

I was 50/50 on letting Goldy and Higgo go last year. In hindsight, I’m of the view we should’ve let one of them go, possibly both.
Such an odd post. Given we can't go back in time, what value does shipping any of those blokes out now have?

Tarrant
Ziebell
Goldy
Higgins
Is moving a player or players like the above the risk we need to take to get talent in?

I was 50/50 on letting Goldy and Higgo go last year. In hindsight, I’m of the view we should’ve let one of them go, possibly both.
Taz and Goldy the only ones with currency and they’re both at the back end of their careers.

Unfortunately the only ones with currency on our list are Jy and Cunners.

We should’ve traded Cunners to GC for the 1st pick and grabbed Rowell. 2 years later Anderson would’ve been playing for us too...

Taz and Goldy the only ones with currency and they’re both at the back end of their careers.

Unfortunately the only ones with currency on our list are Jy and Cunners.

We should’ve traded Cunners to GC for the 1st pick and grabbed Rowell. 2 years later Anderson would’ve been playing for us too...

Possibly, but they still have currency.

Here's what I hope happens - list needs a serious rebuild.
We finish bottom five, hope Dees do too.
We let Brown go and get compensated with a first round pick. Larkey to FF next year.
We approach GWS with a trade for Goldy. He would be the missing part of their puzzle, a dominant ruckman in that side wins them a flag. Mumford and Jacobs are duds. Aim for a first rounder due to the unique advantage Goldy would give them.
Potentially let Ziebell go, maybe a second round pick. There is hype around him so may be possible.
Keep Taz, make him captain, keep Cunners. Higgins stays, don't think we'd get much for him at his age.
Hall, McMillan gone. Pittard 50-50. Williams stays as he is our best 1-on-1 defender. Murphy gets a run at it.
Obviously Jacobs and Garner gone. Daw 50-50. Tyson gone. See if anyone is after Atley, third round pick?
Jed stays despite his average disposal, we need some players in that 24-28 age bracket that can front up every week.
Play Durdin (mobile CHF), McKay, Walker, Hosie and see what they can do. Run Ahern on ball. Try Dumont as centre square mid and let Scott roam a wing.
Try Bonar as a mid. Hopefully LDU gets a run, along with EVW. Maybe even have a look at Crocker down back.
Taylor, Hayden, Mahony, Thomas get more games pumped into them.
Hopefully Comben gets fit and gets a sniff.
There will be more pain, but at least there might be gain.

Here's what I hope happens - list needs a serious rebuild.
We finish bottom five, hope Dees do too.
We let Brown go and get compensated with a first round pick. Larkey to FF next year.
We approach GWS with a trade for Goldy. He would be the missing part of their puzzle, a dominant ruckman in that side wins them a flag. Mumford and Jacobs are duds. Aim for a first rounder due to the unique advantage Goldy would give them.
Potentially let Ziebell go, maybe a second round pick. There is hype around him so may be possible.
Keep Taz, make him captain, keep Cunners. Higgins stays, don't think we'd get much for him at his age.
Hall, McMillan gone. Pittard 50-50. Williams stays as he is our best 1-on-1 defender. Murphy gets a run at it.
Obviously Jacobs and Garner gone. Daw 50-50. Tyson gone. See if anyone is after Atley, third round pick?
Jed stays despite his average disposal, we need some players in that 24-28 age bracket that can front up every week.
Play Durdin (mobile CHF), McKay, Walker, Hosie and see what they can do. Run Ahern on ball. Try Dumont as centre square mid and let Scott roam a wing.
Try Bonar as a mid. Hopefully LDU gets a run, along with EVW. Maybe even have a look at Crocker down back.
Taylor, Hayden, Mahony, Thomas get more games pumped into them.
Hopefully Comben gets fit and gets a sniff.
There will be more pain, but at least there might be gain.
Do this and we’d be the new Melbourne.. unfortunately we need to phase some of them out for kids, but we need hard bodies to make it through the season.. We’re stuck in No mans land for the next two years, as we’re missing a bunch of 23 to 30 year olds.

He’s listed it at 3.2 mill
I’d hate to be selling in this current market
The loss could be more than 200k

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone's house will lose value. Just hold on to it, it will rebound. He's probably mortgaged to the hilt and can't make the repayments. Footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GC ever offered that, the club would have tripped over to make the deal.
Problem is we would’ve never considered that deal.. our club has been risk adverse for years.

As much as Adelaide stinks right now, back when they lost the man-god Dangerfield they made a GF two years later.
At least they took a risk, we would never do something like that..

Problem is we would’ve never considered that deal.. our club has been risk adverse for years.

As much as Adelaide stinks right now, back when they lost the man-god Dangerfield they made a GF two years later.
Trading one of the best inside mids in the game, when you’re a terrible clearance team is not the answer.. there’s no risk mitigation there.

Last edited:

They didn't actively seek to trade Dangerfield. He was a RFA and decided to walk. They matched and a trade got done.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Pittard and Atley won’t be apart of our next premiership side. They just are too wayward by foot and need to be upgraded. If we can promote Perez from within and bring across Zac Williams it would be ideal.

McDonald and Marley are poor enough by foot we have no choice but to play them as lockdown defenders so they don’t turn it over ten times a game.

Hall isn’t the pickup we thought we needed. We got lucky with Higgins but Hall isn’t the quality we were looking for.

Ziebell and Macmillan could be gone by 2021.

Jacobs, Garner, Wood, Ahern, Murphy, Hosie, Tyson, Durdin all may not see another preseason let alone another game.

We have so much deadwood and we have severely overrated our list.

I know 22 get it done on grand final day but you take away Daw, you take away Larkey and you take away Cunnington and average sides like St.Kilda, Sydney and Hawthorn are putting 5 goals on us.
All week our form was keeping me up at night and a full of confidence bulldog outfit was only going to expose us further. And my god they did. Badly.

That adds in another average side to belt us and they were missing Dunkley, missing Naughton, Hunter, Smith and Bont was tagged out of the game. I’d say that loss was one of the worst weve had but there’s been so many I don’t know where it sits.

Halfback is our biggest problem. So many complain our mids don’t do enough but modern footy isn’t won in the middle of the ground like it once was.
I picked Halls form slump from a mile away and he put in one of the worse shifts in a North jumper in recent memory.

Twelve miserable weeks to go. Brady Rawlings is fast becoming the most important man at Arden Street. He has to get it right. Just has to.

Do this and we’d be the new Melbourne.. unfortunately we need to phase some of them out for kids, but we need hard bodies to make it through the season.. We’re stuck in No mans land for the next two years, as we’re missing a bunch of 23 to 30 year olds.
We have been stuck in no mans land for 20 years following the 'mature body' approach - the sample size is large enough for that experiment to be called a monumental failure. If we go down that road again we might as well close up shop - for anyone to even be considering it shows a complete lack of football nous.

We need to access as many high end picks as we can and back ourselves to make the right selections then have a good bunch of kids that grow together.

Hitting the draft hard may not work either but it must be given a chance - because we know the alternative of going for 'mature bodies' will fail.

We have been stuck in no mans land for 20 years following the 'mature body' approach - the sample size is large enough for that experiment to be called a monumental failure. If we go down that road again we might as well close up shop - for anyone to even be considering it shows a complete lack of football nous.

We need to access as many high end picks as we can and back ourselves to make the right selections then have a good bunch of kids that grow together.

Hitting the draft hard may not work either but it must be given a chance - because we know the alternative of going for 'mature bodies' will fail.
You’re right sold me on trading Brown for a first, Goldy to GWS, Ziebell our for a 2nd, dumping Jacobs, Dom, McMillian, Atley, Garner, Pittard, Daw and a few more for good measure.
Sure some of that ten deserve to be gone, but you replace that with ten kids and we’re cooked..cutting the fat from the list is a couple of year process.
I’m not saying don’t hit the draft, I’m saying unfortunately we’ve gotta be patient.
hopefully we’ve got the right people in place now, cause a full rebuild over one season could be disastrous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back