Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood-bound father-son prospect Nick Daicos says he is "disappointed" he wasn't asked for an interview by the GWS Giants ahead of Wednesday's AFL Draft.

Despite being touted as one of the top prospects in this year's draft crop, Daicos won't be bid on with the opening pick, with North Melbourne all but certain to select South Australia's Jason Horne-Francis.

Daicos said he'd had a Zoom meeting with the Kangaroos but was left confused with the radio silence from the GWS Giants camp.

What's this based on with Motlop? Haven't seen any knock on his character.

Probably every other Motlop we have recruited. I don't like to judge people based on what others have done... but I do have some irrational apprehension when it comes to a future Motlop.

This Motlop bashing sounds a lot like when we laughed at Richmond for "reaching" for Dan Rioli in 2015.

He's been a key cog in their team since and stood up in finals. Been a fair player if you ask me and no reason why Motlop can't do the same.

Sadly, it comes with the territory, the name sometimes carries either weight or baggage that the player doesn't deserve.

He has had some really good finals performances but last year he played 18 games, kicked 12 goals, 3 goal assists, this year 18 games, 9 goals and 4 goal assists, doesn't get much of the ball. People wanted to delist Turner when he was getting better numbers as a small forward.

Collingwood-bound father-son prospect Nick Daicos says he is "disappointed" he wasn't asked for an interview by the GWS Giants ahead of Wednesday's AFL Draft.

Daicos said he'd had a Zoom meeting with the Kangaroos but was left confused with the radio silence from the GWS Giants camp.
Very self-important little *er aint he?..

Sadly, it comes with the territory, the name sometimes carries either weight or baggage that the player doesn't deserve.

He has had some really good finals performances but last year he played 18 games, kicked 12 goals, 3 goal assists, this year 18 games, 9 goals and 4 goal assists, doesn't get much of the ball. People wanted to delist Turner when he was getting better numbers as a small forward.
One those numbers, no thanks.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone in the draft thread said we're heavy into dudley.
Watch this space I guess.
He seems very much a luff stats pick; shown some good signs at juniors level and has really fallen off draft boards.
I guess we might take a tall at 20 or trade back and don't expect any of the conventional smalls to be available at our picks after.

Despite being touted as one of the top prospects in this year's draft crop, Daicos won't be bid on with the opening pick, with North Melbourne all but certain to select South Australia's Jason Horne-Francis.

Flog

just need to keep ramping the skills up

the kicking out of the backline has been just horrifically unreliable for a few years now
Hall Turner LMac JZ, let alone the big blokes
All prone to appalling errors under pressure, or not to be honest

would love to see quality kicks come in,
Maybe a Brown as sounds like Fahey won’t happen

He's no Cyril, I know that. But a lot on here were critical of the Tigers picking him at pick 15 but 6 years later, I think the Tigers win.

He did kick 4 in that prelim against GWS to start the dynasty in '17. If we take Motlop and he does that in 2023, oh boy!

I think his father's demeanour and effort at times, might be why a few of us are a bit turned off. If it was Shannon's son then I'd have no concerns.

Probably unfair on the young bloke and all reports say he is a good kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Have a sook campaigner”

just need to keep ramping the skills up

the kicking out of the backline has been just horrifically unreliable for a few years now
Hall Turner LMac JZ, let alone the big blokes
All prone to appalling errors under pressure, or not to be honest

would love to see quality kicks come in,
Maybe a Brown as sounds like Fahey won’t happen

Tarrant was our best kick out of our backline

2 outlets have us taking him. Starting to get Tommy Powell vibes where he was a being linked to North about this time last year in phantoms.

There's been a couple of GWS links as well before us.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

They talk to recruiters and get some inside info. So it’s not where they rate them but where they believe they’ll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back