Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
Far too early to tell who gets pushed out.

None of them are retirement age & I'd not be de-listing one of the few mids we have just because we've drafted an 18yr old from interstate, no matter how good.
But a midfield of Horne, Roberts and sonsie would dominate!*

*maybe...eventually...if we don’t destroy their bodies...and they don’t leave us because we are a rabble

Finn Callaghan lit up the midfield again yesterday for Sandy. 31 disposals. 6 tackles.

Is there an HFC link to him, or just someone you're following?
He’s a bolter. Midfield runner likened to Isaac Smith.

What we need.

Correct. North will beat a couple of teams on the way home and our percentage is going to get a beating considering we still play dogs, lions, demons, tigers, cats, swans, Port, Giants (Away).
How is our draw so tough finishing in bottom 4 last year? No doubt this will help with chance of getting pick 1

Would love him with our second pick. Seems as if he will be top 10 now though. Should be our target if we are able to get another early first rounder somehow.
On the draft board they said he also played inside and maintained the form

Coild be a likely type

Where do you have him at the moment?
I'd be comfortable using a top 10 pick on him right now, I'm interested in how he's effected when Chesser and Sinn return given all three can play inside, outside and off a flank, but if he can maintain an inside role or continue to show some of those stoppage craft strengths in a wing role with those guys in he's probably a better prospect than them imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Callaghan proves himself a capable inside mid I’m taking him ahead of everyone except Horne & Daicos. Speed, evasiveness, reliable skills, athleticism,
strength, rate of improvement, inside/outside mix. Almost the complete package.
Long way to go. I've still got my money on Sinn going top 3.

Long way to go. I've still got my money on Sinn going top 3.

I was (and still am) a big fan of Sinn but I was really hoping he'd take his game to the next level especially after adding size. From what I've seen he has been mostly contributing at the same level and his disposal got more erratic. I know he's played some midfield minutes but I'm not completely sold on his contested capabilities.

Callaghan came from the clouds to basically be Sinn 2.0 but if he's able to consistently play inside mid to a high level I think he surpasses him. Like you said there's still a long while to go. This years championships is going to be really important to decide the 3-6 range.

Any tall backs that'll be around our second pick people like the look of ?

I was (and still am) a big fan of Sinn but I was really hoping he'd take his game to the next level especially after adding size. From what I've seen he has been mostly contributing at the same level and his disposal got more erratic. I know he's played some midfield minutes but I'm not completely sold on his contested capabilities.

Callaghan came from the clouds to basically be Sinn 2.0 but if he's able to consistently play inside mid to a high level I think he surpasses him. Like you said there's still a long while to go. This years championships is going to be really important to decide the 3-6 range.

Height, weight and other stats please ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back