News Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games 24 August 2021 – 5 September 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweden are really good though. I think they'll beat us pretty easily.

We're not compact enough.. can't play the ball on the deck and string passes together in forward half.. not a super skilled side.. probably a deliberate ploy from the boss to play the long ball into the box and/or rely on our set pieces to score.

We're not compact enough.. can't play the ball on the deck and string passes together in forward half.. not a super skilled side.. probably a deliberate ploy from the boss to play the long ball into the box and/or rely on our set pieces to score.

When you have Kerr I'd be crossing it in as much as I can. She's a freak in the air.

When you have Kerr I'd be crossing it in as much as I can. She's a freak in the air.

I agree.. but she's also a freak on the deck if you can play the pill through to her.. they couldn't do it against the Brits.. she was applying pressure running left and right all night instead.. trying to make it difficult for the Brits to play it out. Can't play the pill on the deck to a world class striker? We just can't string enough passes together and then play that killer pass through to her.

The passing in our front 3rd has been awful.. just can't hold on to it.. we just wanna whack it in to the box.. predictable and easy to defend if you're doing it all the time.

The last 10 minutes we improved a lil though.. but still.
The last 10 mins were way better.

What do you think of that foul on the Kerr goal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matildas did really well. I thought they'd get flogged. They were actually dominating at periods. The goal they allowed was very unlucky. Keeper should've knocked it over the goal but that bounce was tricky. The ref was s**t. She had no idea. Wasn't even telling the Swedish goalie to get a move on at the end just let her take her sweet arse time.

The last 10 mins were way better.

What do you think of that foul on the Kerr goal?

Kerr didn't do anything wrong. Apparently our girls blocked the runs of the Swedish defenders.. when all they were doing.. was just holding their ground.. happens in every game when there's a set piece or a corner.. so it was over officiating. They should have world class referees in these games not these part timers.

They played ok. Those intricate passes in and around the 18 yard box.. in the front 3rd.. need to work on that. the Van Egg as good as she was.. is.. needs to push up a bit more to support the front 3.. she's doubling up by playing Ken & Barbie's & Van D's role.. bit like having a player taking the kick ins for the GK.. the full backs.. the Razzamatazz and the Lop.. need to cut in a bit more.. as opposed to just running the lines whipping em in all the time for the * off it.. hit and hope.. hold on to it ffs.. take the opposition player on and cut in or wait for cavalry to arrive. Create real opportunities. Peze bala re.. Mi fovaste!

Heaps to work on for the World Cup.

Gl to em.

They should be very proud of their efforts though. No one expected them to get this far.

Last edited:
Some news ahead of the Matildas’ bronze medal match against the US. The Americans have lost their goalkeeper for the clash.
Australia will be without Ellie Carpenter after she was red-carded in the dying seconds of the Matildas’ loss to Sweden.
I refuse to regard that match as a loss the decision was outrageous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back