Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think this one can be topped:

Brayshaw > Neale two weeks ago.

Since then:
Brayshaw: 110, 135
Neale: 98, 0 (injured)

The extra 70k spent on this trade meant I was 10k short of doing CCJ > Danger this week. This meant I had to field CCJ this week and rely on him scoring 60-70 to finally complete the upgrade to Danger next week

This week:
CCJ: 5 (injured/just s**t)
Danger: 184

CCJ kills his cash gen and Danger jumps 40k meaning Danger is now out of reach.

So I lost Danger and 300+ points this week.

Missing Danger as planned with one trade then hesitated using Dow on field by trading in this potato for his lowest score of the season..in fact his entire career!
Somehow walked through the wrong door & into my supercoach team 😩

Net result 150+ points in the red- out of the top 1000 overall- & stuck with Steele ******* Sidearse for the remainder of the year FMSCL 🙄

Last edited:
Missing Danger as planned with one trade then hesitated using Dow on field by trading in this flog for his lowest score of the season...

Net result 160 points in the red- out of the top 1000 overall- & stuck with Steele ******* Sidearse for the remainder of the year FMSCL 🙄

Glad I’m not the only one spewing 😮‍💨

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vent time, but a calm (emotionally drained) one. This is long, but it makes for fun reading if you have a sadistic streak.

Okay, I've had a couple of brief gripes in the gameday thread about how my team fell apart this week, but this is the place to itemize how a potentially great week progressively turned to :poo:

Thursday afternoon:
Looking forward to a really good SC weekend with a projected score of 2568. Many teams would field a mixture of Danger, Touk, Parish and some other players with unusually high scores and end up with scores in the 2500s and 2600s, but at this time 2568 was a monster score compared to the vast majority of other pre-round projected scores. Of course I didn't expect it to hold up, but nothing prepared me for what was to follow.

Thursday evening:
Weekend teams are announced. Despite rumours of an injury, Neale is named but he remains in doubt. With Impey injured I'm relying on one of Madden or Briggs to fill my F6 spot, but Madden is injured and Briggs is omitted leaving a potential donut. Impey must be traded.

I'm keen to bring in Danger for Impey, but I can only afford to do that by trading Jones>Brandon Walker which would mean using 2 trades and leaving me with none. I very reluctantly decide to do the "responsible" thing and save a trade by passing on Danger. Instead I use just 1 trade and bring in Tex. Worries about his reliability were overcome by him being clearly the best affordable option without using that second trade. He and his projected score of 109 replaced Briggs (63) on field increasing my starting projected score to a mammoth 2614.

Thursday night:
The carnage starts straight away. Dusty (projected score 90) scores 86. Close but still disappointing for a player of his ability. The real disaster was F5 CCJ (81) scoring just 5 and getting injured. Possible donut next week and projected score down to 2534.

Friday night:
Danger rubs salt into the wounds by scoring 184 and making himself completely unaffordable for me in future. Stewart (102) does well with 107 but Merrett (125) also scores just 107. Not a bad night other than not bringing in Danger really pissing me off. Projected score down to 2521.

Saturday afternoon:
Melbourne manage to lose to GWS. Not SC related, but not good for a rapidly collapsing state of mind. May(101) and Petracca(114) perform well with scores of 131 and 123 respectively but Gawn (134) and Oliver (109) score just 100 and 87 while Whitfield (98) scores just 81. Projected score down to 2487.

Neale (125) is confirmed out and replaced on field by Bramble (50). Projected score down to 2412.

Laird (115) does well with 129, but Zorko (136) puts in a shocker for a lucky 99. Worse still new recruit Tex(109) lasts just over a quarter before copping what could be a serious injury and scores just 57. A second potential donut next week and projected score drops to 2337.

Saturday night:
A bright spot in a horror weekend. Titch (126) scores just 110 but Bramble (50) manages 80, and Walsh (111) a great 138. Projected score actually went up to 2378.

Sunday Bloody Sunday:
This day really lived up to its reputation.

Started quietly as Lloyd (112) scores just 93. Projected score down to 2359.

Grundy (116) did well with 126, but Sidebottom (117) more than undid his good work with just 33. The worst SC score in his 13 year, 257 game career. Projected score drops to 2285.

Ziebell (102) and Macrae (125) did well with 121 and 138 respectively, but Captain Bont (268) managed just 166 and Helmet (98) failed again with just 68.

Original projected score of 2614 drops to a pitiful final score of 2185.

1625470069415.png

Last edited:
Vent time, but a calm (emotionally drained) one. This is long, but it makes for fun reading if you have a sadistic streak.

Okay, I've had a couple of brief gripes in the gameday thread about how my team fell apart this week, but this is the place to itemize how a potentially great week progressively turned to :poo:

Thursday afternoon:
Looking forward to a really good SC weekend with a projected score of 2568. Many teams would field a mixture of Danger, Touk, Parish and some other players with unusually high scores and end up with scores in the 2500s and 2600s, but at this time 2568 was a monster score compared to the vast majority of other pre-round projected scores. Of course I didn't expect it to hold up, but nothing prepared me for what was to follow.

Thursday evening:
Weekend teams are announced. Despite rumours of an injury, Neale is named but he remains in doubt. With Impey injured I'm relying on one of Madden or Briggs to fill my F6 spot, but Madden is injured and Briggs is omitted leaving a potential donut. Impey must be traded.

I'm keen to bring in Danger for Impey, but I can only afford to do that by trading Jones>Brandon Walker which would mean using 2 trades and leaving me with none. I very reluctantly decide to do the "responsible" thing and save a trade by passing on Danger. Instead I use just 1 trade and bring in Tex. Worries about his reliability were overcome by him being clearly the best affordable option without using that second trade. He and his projected score of 109 replaced Briggs (63) on field increasing my starting projected score to a mammoth 2614.

Thursday night:
The carnage starts straight away. Dusty (projected score 90) scores 86. Close but still disappointing for a player of his ability. The real disaster was F5 CCJ (81) scoring just 5 and getting injured. Possible donut next week and projected score down to 2534.

Friday night:
Danger rubs salt into the wounds by scoring 184 and making himself completely unaffordable for me in future. Stewart (102) does well with 107 but Merrett (125) also scores just 107. Not a bad night other than not bringing in Danger's really pissing me off. Projected score down to 2521.

Saturday afternoon:
Melbourne manage to lose to GWS. Not SC related, but not good for a rapidly collapsing state of mind. May(101) and Petracca(114) perform well with scores of 131 and 123 respectively but Gawn (134) and Oliver (109) score just 100 and 87 while Whitfield (98) scores just 81. Projected score down to 2487.

Neale (125) is confirmed out and replaced on field by Bramble (50). Projected score down to 2412.

Laird (115) does well with 129, but Zorko (136) puts in a shocker for a lucky 99. Worse still new recruit Tex(109) lasts just over a quarter before copping what could be a serious injury and scores just 57. A second potential donut next week and projected score drops to 2337.

Saturday night:
A bright spot in a horror weekend. Titch (126) scores just 110 but Bramble (50) manages 80, and Walsh (111) a great 138. Projected score actually went up to 2378.

Sunday Bloody Sunday:

Grundy (116) did well with 126, but Sidebottom (117) more than undid his good work with just 33. The worst SC score in his 13 year, 257 game career. Projected score drops to 2285.

Ziebell (102) and Macrae (125) did well with 121 and 138 respectively, but Captain Bont (268) managed just 166 and Helmet (98) failed again with just 68.

View attachment 1171363

Moral of the story don't look at projections

Thursday afternoon:

Thursday evening:

Thursday night:

Friday night:
Danger rubs salt into the wounds by scoring 184 and making himself completely unaffordable for me in future. Stewart (102) does well with 107 but Merrett (125) also scores just 107. Not a bad night other than not bringing in Danger really pissing me off. Projected score down to 2521.

Saturday afternoon:

Saturday night:

Sunday Bloody Sunday:

View attachment 1171363
Campaigner of a game...tough luck mate we all have our turn...yours was extra brutal though.

Thursday afternoon:

Thursday evening:

Thursday night:

Friday night:

Saturday afternoon:

Saturday night:

Sunday Bloody Sunday:

View attachment 1171363
This almost makes my 2262 look respectable. Except...

Thursday night straight up put CCJ on field even though I could have looped him. Because I'm an idiot. To go with Martin Short and Bolton started my round at 4/215.

Parish Friday night mostly made up for CCJ except I pulled the VC from him fearing a disaster against the Cats at the Cattery in the wet. Oh and I could have got Danger in but didn't.

Over the rest of the weekend not taking Kelly VC because I was so far behind already and trusting Bont. Whitfield. Daniher. Aliir. Cripps was actually ok for Cripps.

Dropped 951 place to 3618 And lost nearly all the places I made up over the byes.

Moral of the story don't look at projections
Yep.
To be unhappy with Zorko 99 because he was proj to score 120 is not how you should be looking at SC.
Now Steele Sidebum on the other hand... you have a right to be unhappy about that.
In fairness there was a lot more to all that than just players failing to reach their projected scores. I actually said that I didn't expect the projected score to stand up. In the case of Zorko I wasn't so much unhappy with his score, but with the way he played. He was incredibly lucky to get 99.

I had the loop on CCJ and took it off at the last minute, thinking I'm better off having a real sub. Drew my match with the top team, scoring more points than any other team in my league.
fmsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back