List Mgmt. 2021 Team & Beyond...

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark has to come into the side playing HBF.
B O'Connor Blitz Bews
HB Clark , Kolo, Stewart

Henry starts on the bench.. unfortunately Kolo,Henderson play for the CHB role as we need so play 1 less tall in defence and go with a small running defender in Clark.

Ben Reid 😀.
What a gun.

Ben Reid 😀.
What a gun.

Yeah, kinda feel sorry for that pairing as it just stands out from the others

Personally I'm still playing Rohan as his speed and forward pressure is a must against quick rebounding teams.
Yep. Seen him cop a lot of over the top flak on here for finals.

Forgetting he was still our 2nd highest goal scorer in 2020.

Not going anywhere imo.

Yep. Seen him cop a lot of over the top flak on here for finals.

Forgetting he was still our 2nd highest goal scorer in 2020.

Not going anywhere imo.

He played second tall for most of the year.

Beening a forward one of the hardest Positions on the ground your judged on out put.
And he's only a 10 touch player at best.
But he's playing he's role.
He's probably playing better footy at the cats than at the swans.

Obviously it will be a difficult side to get a spot in ... to me Henderson and Dahl are spots that could be taken others... and no Clark ?

JOSH BARNES’ GEELONG SIDE

FB:
M. O’Connor, M. Blicavs, J. Kolodjashnij

HB: T. Stewart, L. Henderson, J. Henry

C: S. Menegola, M. Duncan, I. Smith

HF: S. Higgins, J. Cameron, G. Miers

FF: L. Dahlhaus, T. Hawkins, S. Simpson

Foll: R. Stanley, P. Dangerfield, C. Guthrie

I/C: J. Selwood, B. Parfitt, G. Rohan, J. Bews

Changes from grand final: In: J. Cameron, S. Higgins, I. Smith

Out: G. Ablett, H. Taylor, Z. Tuohy

Obviously it will be a difficult side to get a spot in ... to me Henderson and Dahl are spots that could be taken others... and no Clark ?

FB:

Dahl for Tuohy, and Kolo for Clark if it were me.

But to me Dahlhaus is the last one picked, and the postion Narkle, Atkins, Close, etc will be chasing.

He played second tall for most of the year.

Beening a forward one of the hardest Positions on the ground your judged on out put.
And he's only a 10 touch player at best.
But he's playing he's role.
He's probably playing better footy at the cats than at the swans.

He's become the Geelong version of Cyril Rioli. Even less touches, even more impact.

FB:

To me its smith and cameron for smith and taylor...smith takes wing and blitz takes taylors spot. Higgins comes in for one of dahl miers rohan or tuohy depending on structure (i would keep simpson).

Still leaves us with atkins close rata steven clark jenkins zuthrie narkle and fort as reasonable capable depth. Then you have stephens dek evans taheny CC kreuger jarvis and tarca as kids under that.

Depth is good everywhere except key back ruck and small defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dahl for Tuohy, and Kolo for Clark if it were me.

But to me Dahlhaus is the last one picked, and the postion Narkle, Atkins, Close, etc will be chasing.

Agree.

FB Henry Blicavs O'Connor
HB Clark Henderson Stewart
C Menegola Guthrie Duncan
HF Rohan Cameron Higgins
FF Dangerfield Hawkins Miers
Fol Stanley Selwood Parfitt
Int Ratugolea Smith Simpson Tuohy

Ratugolea plays as a Trent West style 2nd ruckman

Rohan replaces Dahlhaus as the a pressure forward on the HFF

Tuohy re-joins the defensive group as the primary rebounding defender with Smith taking his spot up the ground
O'Connor takes over Kolodjasnij's spot as the lockdown medium defender. With Stewart playing a little more accountable

Last edited:
FB Henry Blicavs O'Connor
HB Clark Henderson Stewart
C Menegola Guthrie Duncan
HF Rohan Cameron Higgins
FF Dangerfield Hawkins Miers
Fol Stanley Selwood Parfitt
Int Ratugolea Smith Simpson Tuohy

Ratugolea plays as a Trent West style 2nd ruckman

Rohan replaces Dahlhaus as the a pressure forward on the HFF

Tuohy re-joins the defensive group as the primary rebounding defender with Smith taking his spot up the ground
O'Connor takes over Kolodjasnij's spot as the lockdown medium defender. With Stewart playing a little more accountable

The question is does rata give us enough value for the 80 % of the game that he isnt rucking or does he just get in hawk/camerons way? And with reduced interchanges can we carry the 3 talls up front?

No issues with one of dahl or rohan.
Not comfortable with bews out when we already struggle with good small forwards..im not sure MOC can do that.
I want Clark in but id move tuohy kolo or henry out for him not Bews.

Rest is fairly accurate.

The question is does rata give us enough value for the 80 % of the game that he isnt rucking or does he just get in hawk/camerons way? And with reduced interchanges can we carry the 3 talls up front?

Not comfortable with bews out when we already struggle with good small forwards..im not sure MOC can do that.

Rest is fairly accurate.

Having Sav in allows us to protect Stanley throughout the year. If Stanley is playing 90% game time he will breakdown before finals. I think the reduced rotations works in Sav's favour. With a 25% increase in gametime and a 17% decrease in rotations you're having an effective drop in rotations of 33%, Your 2nd ruckmen is going be spending large minutes on the bench while your mids and HBF rotate and heavily. I expect the 2nd ruckmen to play around 70% game time, about 40% in the ruck. He is a good target if we get hemmed in by a zone. In not concerned about him getting in anyone's way.

Bews wasn't playing lockdown for most of this year. Kolodjashnij was getting those roles. IMO system is more important in stopping a player than the individual. Tuohy over Bews in a rebounding role is a clear win.

Having Sav in allows us to protect Stanley throughout the year. If Stanley is playing 90% game time he will breakdown before finals. I think the reduced rotations works in Sav's favour. With a 25% increase in gametime and a 17% decrease in rotations you're having an effective drop in rotations of 33%, Your 2nd ruckmen is going be spending large minutes on the bench while your mids and HBF rotate and heavily. I expect the 2nd ruckmen to play around 70% game time, about 40% in the ruck. He is a good target if we get hemmed in by a zone. In not concerned about him getting in anyone's way.

Bews wasn't playing lockdown for most of this year. Kolodjashnij was getting those roles. IMO system is more important in stopping a player than the individual. Tuohy over Bews in a rebounding role is a clear win.

I agree with protecting stanley but i wonder if we are better off rotating him and sav every 3rd week rather than playing them together.

Tuohy can play anywhere i do like him in defence though but i dont trust kolo in non kpd roles. Id like both bews and clark in if we have room.

Rest is fairly accurate.
Did you not see that article during the season showing moc's defensive stats? Barely had a goal kicked on him for most of the season, and was top in defensive one on ones.

I can only remember one time when an opponent got on top of him. Might have been Papley?

I agree with protecting stanley but i wonder if we are better off rotating him and sav every 3rd week rather than playing them together.

Tuohy can play anywhere i do like him in defence though but i dont trust kolo in non kpd roles. Id like both bews and clark in if we have room.

I just think we can aspire to do better than Kolodjashnij and Bews, Kolodjashinj won't be a Rivers, Bews won't be a Hunt. Henry has youth on his side. You don't expect Guys who have played 150 AFL/VFL games to get any better.

Lana why is GWS listed as your AFL club?

Agree with your point by the way. They are both ripe to have a kitten go past them, but the kitten has to go past them first. Clark for example has a lot of work to do on his defensive craft if it was going to be Bews he displaces. Just like Zuthrie needs to show the team is better with him in it than it is with Kolo.

My father-in-law asks me all the time if I've watched the rugby after a Storm game. Still hasn't realised I don't follow it even though I've told him endless times.

Then again, he doesn't know who Khabib or Jordan Burroughs are so I suppose it all works out.

PRoblem is that Smith doesn't play rugby, he plays league ... as different as netball and basketball

We really only have about 3 capable two way runners- Guthrie, Menegola and Steven, and the latter is limited with fitness. When he was fit, he was elite . Hope he gets back there.
Perhaps Blitz, Menegola and Miers, are the running beasts.
In terms of mids with the capacity to split defence and attack, then I'd have Guthrie and Parfitt at the top; Joel would have been, until this year.

Lana why is GWS listed as your AFL club?

Agree with your point by the way. They are both ripe to have a kitten go past them, but the kitten has to go past them first. Clark for example has a lot of work to do on his defensive craft if it was going to be Bews he displaces. Just like Zuthrie needs to show the team is better with him in it than it is with Kolo.

We had/have an endemic of faux Geelong supporters that were seeping from the Scott mega thread and polluting the general feeling forum, for years they were spewing absolute bile that forum wouldn't tolerate for a day if the account had the club Richmond or Hawthorn linked to it. I just changed it one day to see if I could.

On Clark, IMO he delay in being selected has more to do with his lack of physical development caused by his elbow and shoulder injuries. Something like defensive craft is such an intangible quality, for me the question is do we think the opposition will be able to constantly play through him, if the answer is no then I'm willing to risk leaking an extra goal a game. The way I see it that we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a year where Z.Guthrie, Bews or Kolodjashnij was the 22nd player selected each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back