List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

You really have egg on your face with that one... not your most egg-cellent reply...
I think you missed the yoke entirely
Try not to crack, the joke was poached anyway

Freo has delisted Stefan Giro.
Could come in handy for some laboured food related puns featuring CCJ and Nick Larkey.

RICHMOND has delisted Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Ryan Garthwaite, Noah Cumberland and Bigoa Nyuon.

However, the yet-to-debut pair of Cumberland and Nyuon will be re-rookied by the Tigers in November 26's NAB AFL Rookie Draft.
Someone mentioned we were interested in Nyuon as a young key back

garthwaite as a ready made KPD could be decent also

Maybe a simpler way to think of it is to ignore the distinction between main list and Cat A rookies since there is flexibility between them. Thinking that way we have 7/42 spots free. Assuming we take at 4 in the draft, we then can have three out of:
  • OOC players: Dumont, Atley, Ham, Campbell
  • Rookie draft
  • Midseason draft
  • PSD / DFA
Thanks - that is alot easier to understand.

We certainly will want to have 1 pick in each of the psd and rookie drafts given we have pick 1 in both. Even if we dont use the rookie draft we could nab a DFA.

I would keep 1 pick free for the msd as mid season flexibility is important (and I expect us to have a better injury run this year so maybe we can't rely on a LTI in the msd.)

On that basis all of the 4 current OOC players you mention would miss out.

PORT Adelaide pair Jarrod Lienert and Boyd Woodcock will be seeking opportunities at other clubs after being delisted on Friday.

Sam Mayes will also be delisted, but the club has committed to redrafting the versatile 27-year-old at next month's NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't difficult to beat & yours wasn't all it was cracked up to be... it really was a shell out
Fair I’m a bit scrambled recently I hope I snap back over easy

That seems like poor list management from the Cats. Surely they would have got something for him in the trade period? Now they let him go for nothing.

I wouldn't mind if we had a look, could do worse.
He is pretty much midfield only.
I doubt he would get a game for us.
He isn't as good as Dumont and he looks gone.

GR, am I right in thinking that we could add Archer and Scott to the Cat B list immediately if they're not drafted?
Not that I'm aware of. The Cat B list is for NGA/ international prospects only.

If they don't get picked up this year, they will still be eligible for F/s next year. However if they apply for the Mid-season rookie draft, we lose rights to them.

Not that I'm aware of. The Cat B list is for NGA/ international prospects only.

If they don't get picked up this year, they will still be eligible for F/s next year. However if they apply for the Mid-season rookie draft, we lose rights to them.
Ah got ya. I think I was taking the rule for NGA products that aren't drafted and assuming they applied to F/S as well. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back